Week 1 Discussion Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Re: Week 1 Discussion Thread

Post by Snake »

Watching Ravens/Raiders. Lamar made some nice throws downfield with good touch. Maybe improved there?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

LUGZ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:51 am Trevor Lawrence threw one of the ugliest interceptions I've ever seen on Sunday. They don't look any more competitive him under center than they did with Minshew.
Lawrence is going to need work. That's the truth. But he has the talent.

Zack Wilson IMO was the best QB in this draft though.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Phantom wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:41 am Uh oh.. the next USC coach?
The Urban Meyer era in Jacksonville may be off to a shaky start even before the Week 1 games are over. The Jaguars' morale has suffered and Meyer has apparently rubbed various players and coaches the wrong way, according to a report published Sunday by CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora.

"He has everyone looking over their shoulders already," a source with direct knowledge of the daily operations in Jacksonville told La Canfora. "He becomes unhinged way too easily, and he doesn't know how to handle losing, even in the preseason. He loses it and wants to take over the drills himself. It's not good."

"You can't freak out about preseason games and belittle your coaches — on a staff you handpicked — every time things don't go your way. It's not going to work here," another source told La Canfora.

This is not the first time a report came out with concerns from people around the Jaguars about Meyer's early transition as a first-time NFL head coach in Jacksonville. In late August, CBS Sports' Pete Prisco revealed what sources with knowledge of the situation were saying about the Jaguars' preseason under Meyer.

"I heard he had a rough go at it last week just because he lost his first preseason game," Prisco told CBS Sports Radio's Damon Amendolara. "That's not an attitude that you need to have in the NFL. So he's got to change a few things. He brought a lot of college-like things to the (franchise) that I don't think I necessarily agree with. I've heard some of the players aren't thrilled with him either, including having a microphone on the field — one of his assistants on the field during practice with a boom mic telling guys to hydrate, hustle and get to the next period.

"Obviously, he's a work in progress and he's been a good coach everywhere he's been. It's a lot different when you recruit guys to your school and have a bunch of the top players — the five-stars — than it is when you're trying to build something. It's going to be a challenge. I'm not giving up on what he can do in his first two games. It don't think that's fair to him and I don't think that is fair to his quarterbacks, but they're not off to a good start."

Asked by Amendolara if there was any particular risk factor that could lead to Meyer — who won three national championships at the collegiate level — having a short stay in Jacksonville, Prisco said that a college-like approach to the NFL could be what spells doom if anything does. Prisco also highlighted the pressure Meyer has to win has only been amplified by the resources that have been given to the coach at his request.

"He took the job with the idea that Trevor Lawrence would be his quarterback," Prisco said. "You were drawn to the job because of that. He's been given carte blanche there. From everything he's changed inside the building — they've added a bunch of new things. Cryotherapy has been added in that building at his request. He has the biggest coaching staff in the NFL. It's enormous. There's a stretching coach for every position when they stretch so that they all get the proper stretch. The team has gone above and beyond what he has requested, so now he has to win.

COMMENTS
Get the fastest scores, stats, news, LIVE videos, and more. CLICK HERE to download the CBS Sports Mobile App and get the latest on your team today.

"And the problem is he says he's got the best of the best on his coaching staff. It's clear that the offense is a disaster right now. They have no idea what they are doing. They don't have speed outside ... they're not a fast team. And that's something they preached all offseason, and it shows up with the quarterback. They have problems and a week to fix them, or a couple before the regular season. But right now, they do not look very good
For as wild of speculation as that is, that would not surprise me at all. I'll be genuinely surprised if Urban is still coaching the Jags after next season whether he quits or gets sacked. I didn't like the hire the day it was made
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

LUGZ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:48 pm This would be a gamble, but I think we should talk to Jacksonville about CJ Henderson. Yes there are some flags, but his talent is immense and our culture could turn him around.

I'm not sure what I'd be willing to give up, but if the trade worked, it would be a coup.
We should talk to a team about giving us their top 10 pick from a year ago? A player, who by all accounts, played well before he got hurt last season and is a cornerstone? Get real, dude. Not gonna happen. You might seriously need to get a mental evaluation. Your psyche is more fragile than Justin Evans feet.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

LUGZ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:12 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:07 pm

We should talk to a team about giving us their top 10 pick from a year ago? A player, who by all accounts, played well before he got hurt last season and is a cornerstone? Get real, dude. Not gonna happen. You might seriously need to get a mental evaluation. Your psyche is more fragile than Justin Evans feet.
You obviously haven't been keeping up with current events.

I'm not sure why my post elicited such a snotty and childish response from you?

If you disagree, cool, but you can disagree while still acting like an adult.
Recent events like what exactly? That he was considering retirement because of his injuries? If there’s more enlighten me.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

LUGZ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:12 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:07 pm

You obviously haven't been keeping up with current events.

I'm not sure why my post elicited such a snotty and childish response from you?

If you disagree, cool, but you can disagree while still acting like an adult.
New to Bootz, I see.
Snake

Post by Snake »

LUGZ wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:24 pm
Rocker wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:22 pm
New to Bootz, I see.
I just don't understand the random aggression and antagonistic responses. I'm all for someone disagreeing with me but I'm just not going to engage when he starts going ad hom and kicking his feet.
No one wants him here, but he always comes back. The twisted, whirlwind style rhetoric he uses would be compelling if it weren’t paired with a narcissistic rage.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:22 pm
New to Bootz, I see.
I just don't understand the random aggression and antagonistic responses. I'm all for someone disagreeing with me but I'm just not going to engage when he starts going ad hom and kicking his feet.
I’m just wondering the logic behind CJ Henderson. You’re so flustered you can’t even come up with a valid response.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:59 pm

No one wants him here, but he always comes back.
Previously on Buczone.com….
Snake wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:59 pm Just doing this again to be thorough.

@uscbucsfan @MJW @Cheb @PetePierson @BJJ34 @BTZ04 @Patrick McIrish @Doctor @DreadNaught @.irishHITMAN4rent @Mountaineer Buc @Buc2 @Crocaneers @deltbucs @Chef @Zarniwoop @Rocker @mdb1958 @Nano @Swashy @PrimeMinister @IronDog @0-26 Survivor @LUGZ @Eastwood @CannonFire @Jason Bourne @NYBF @Moozician @DanTurksGhost @real bucs fan @Kress @LoRdNlKoN @Konatown @beardmcdoug @BacksidePursuit @Phantom Phenom @M4X @Defense5599 @Caradoc @NavyBuc @Onthebrink @Miller4Prez64 @KiffininCanton @Betsy @Ken Carson @Teitan @Brazen331 @RedLeader @HamBone @theBKwhopper @terrytate @PanteraCanes @Deuce @acmillis @Noles1724 @Heisenberg @Selmon Rules @IchabodCrane84 @Konatown @Naismith @Terp @doooshnzl @Nobody @SDBucs @BucaRican @viva la Reagan @bahamian:bucfan @Four Verticals @NoAlibi @Jonny @tog
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

No one wants him here, but he always comes back. The twisted, whirlwind style rhetoric he uses would be compelling if it weren’t paired with a narcissistic rage.
It’s always amusing when you say no one wants him here…

No one wants you here. :lol:
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:41 pm

:) :D
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:31 pm

No one wants him here, but he always comes back.
Previously on Buczone.com….
Snake wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:59 pm Just doing this again to be thorough.

@uscbucsfan @MJW @Cheb @PetePierson @BJJ34 @BTZ04 @Patrick McIrish @Doctor @DreadNaught @.irishHITMAN4rent @Mountaineer Buc @Buc2 @Crocaneers @deltbucs @Chef @Zarniwoop @Rocker @mdb1958 @Nano @Swashy @PrimeMinister @IronDog @0-26 Survivor @LUGZ @Eastwood @CannonFire @Jason Bourne @NYBF @Moozician @DanTurksGhost @real bucs fan @Kress @LoRdNlKoN @Konatown @beardmcdoug @BacksidePursuit @Phantom Phenom @M4X @Defense5599 @Caradoc @NavyBuc @Onthebrink @Miller4Prez64 @KiffininCanton @Betsy @Ken Carson @Teitan @Brazen331 @RedLeader @HamBone @theBKwhopper @terrytate @PanteraCanes @Deuce @acmillis @Noles1724 @Heisenberg @Selmon Rules @IchabodCrane84 @Konatown @Naismith @Terp @doooshnzl @Nobody @SDBucs @BucaRican @viva la Reagan @bahamian:bucfan @Four Verticals @NoAlibi @Jonny @tog
Ouch
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:26 pm

I’m just wondering the logic behind CJ Henderson. You’re so flustered you can’t even come up with a valid response.
This level of gaslighting is *chef's kiss.*
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:57 pm
Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:41 pm

It’s always nice when the token board retards unite. Together they’re almost one literate person.

And yeah, I was optimistic that BootzishGottaJaboo may have turned the corner until his psychopath act came back full force at IABL.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:06 am
Phantom wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:57 pm

It’s always nice when the token board retards unite. Together they’re almost one literate person.

And yeah, I was optimistic that BootzishGottaJaboo may have turned the corner until his psychopath act came back full force at IABL.
Blah blah blah! Like I give a shit? Snake

Give it a rest