dead ball fouls - did we get screwed?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Cheb

Re: dead ball fouls - did we get screwed?

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:58 pm OMG, are we really doing this?

The Rams kicked our ass.

The refs didn't help us, but we shouldn't have been in a position where the refs helping us was required for victory.

Again, the Rams kicked our fucking ass up and down the field. It's a goddamn miracle, attributable to Saint Brady, that it was even a game.
Agreed.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:41 am

The Rams kicked our ass.

The refs didn't help us, but we shouldn't have been in a position where the refs helping us was required for victory.

Again, the Rams kicked our fucking ass up and down the field. It's a goddamn miracle, attributable to Saint Brady, that it was even a game.
Agreed.

Hmm, looked to me like we were our own worst enemies first and then it became a joint venture. Penalties? Yeah that was a bag of crazy.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

None of this was as bad as Devin White getting a TD return negated against Tennessee, Kellen Winslow OPI, Edel Shepherd catch, Burt Emmanuel...

You can't win the SB every year, even if you are a Tom Brady fan
MJW

Post by MJW »

Capsaicin wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:42 am None of this was as bad as Devin White getting a TD return negated against Tennessee, Kellen Winslow OPI, Edel Shepherd catch, Burt Emmanuel...

You can't win the SB every year, even if you are a Tom Brady fan
This one hurt, mainly because we were 1 play away from a game that would have lived forever in history. It hurt a lot.

But we're really reaching by trying to blame anyone or anything besides ourselves.

Obligatory mention - if K2 doesn't get called for that OPI, Aaron Rodgers has zero Superbowls. We would have gotten SMOKED in the playoffs quickly, but that part makes me sad.

Also funny someone remembers the Shepherd play. Against Washington in the regular season, dude make a great play on a bomb and it helps us win a tough game. In the playoffs, same opponent, basically the same play, and this time he just drops it. We held Washington to like 83 yards and lost that damn game.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

I was at that Redskins playoff game freezing my ass off so I won't soon forget it. I was at the other Skins playoff game too, thanks for the bad hold on that FG Brad Johnson
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I can't believe this thread made it to a 2nd page. smh

It was the REFS! So very Saints-like. :roll:
Don't tread on me
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

accidentw8ing2happen wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:25 pm I went through every point made then hit reply. Wasn't logged in so it got erased. I will simplify it. You are inferring malice(corruption) to something that is likely inadvertent. Hanlon's Razor suggests not to attribute malice to which can easily be explained by stupidity. You also admitted to having a spotty memory with one of your examples. Even though you remembered the event incorrectly it still favored your argument. In one of your first sentences you said that there was a game that was officiated poorly but you can't remember which team they played. There is a pattern forming here. Confabulation fills gaps of memory in often an uncharitable way. Sounds like you have a conclusion "Officials Corrupt." You then look for examples post hoc that fit that conclusion. There was a Zebra that I thought didn't have enough stripes but I can't remember how many it had. When I find that Zebra I will count them and then I will know how many stripes is too few. .
You're distorting what I wrote. As I noted in my last post, a couple small details of individual plays in the 2008 SB that I had previously commented on from memory were different, such as where on the field the Pats were when the play happened; but every single instance of corrupt officiating that I noted from memory took place, as corroborated by my post above, and I even found new ones upon re-watching the game yesterday. I gave specific minute markers in the broadcast if you're interested in seeing for yourself.

Regarding the game this season: believe it or not, though I do have a photographic memory and a degree from an Ivy league university, I can't recall every single play from a football season and instantly categorize it correctly to the game in which it took place; I'd wager you also lack this ability. You citing me not knowing which game that the play I was referencing took place in as somehow indicative of a faulty memory on my part is the very essence of bad faith; any adult with normal human intelligence understands the speech convention of referring to something that happened recently and which was observed by many people such that its actual occurrence won't be questioned, which is what I did. I knew that several members just of this forum had observed the play in which Gholston had his helmet knocked off by an opposing player with no flag, then got flagged himself for an inconsequential push seconds later, and assumed that any decent, honest person on this board would not disingenuously pretend that play hadn't happened. I already stated in a previous post that I thought the game in question was against the Saints - guess what? I was right. It was the October game and the play in question happened with 3:45 left in the second quarter.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:09 am I can't believe this thread made it to a 2nd page. smh

We haven't even gotten to the issue of the Rams spotting their own ball; not a ref in sight. That should start around the middle of page 3.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:55 am
Buc2 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:09 am I can't believe this thread made it to a 2nd page. smh

We haven't even gotten to the issue of the Rams spotting their own ball; not a ref in sight. That should start around the middle of page 3.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Cheb wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:41 am

The Rams kicked our ass.

Agreed.
"...but we shouldn't have been in a position where winning a coinflip is was required for victory." ;)

No but really, the Rams are overall a better team at this point of the season than the Bucs. Particularly given our losses on offense. While I would've loved to win it's clear now Wirfs wasn't coming and I don't think Wells gets us passed the 9ers. Without Wirfs we take a huge step back. That's just a fact. Like losing Vea on defense.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Fuck no! It was the guy on the grassy knoll!
Push the damned button already!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:55 am

Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

uscbucsfan wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:44 am
Tnbandwagoner wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:40 am
Go ahead and refute any part of my original post for this thread. Then explain to me how it doesn't make a difference if one team is allowed to get away with penalties and the other one gets penalties called that normally are not (Brady getting called for unsportsmanlike for complaining about getting hit in the face with Miller's helmet).

You made a facile, fatuous, asinine reply to my thread that has no relevance to the actual truth of the matter.
Brady cussed out the ref. Allegedly called him a fucking dumbass. Not that I agree with getting a call, but it's within the ref's rights to throw a flag there.

Nothing occurred that made us lose the game. There was nothing really egregious outside of missing the helmet to helmet on Brady, which wouldn't have absolutely altered the game.
He's a Hochuli so chances are that he is a dumbass.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

The Rams kicked our ass.

The only time the refs could be considered to lose a game is like that early tackle/pass interference in the conference championship. That would have given them at worst a 4 & 1 at the Rams 4. If he hadn't hit him early then he also may have made the first down. I hate Sean Payton and the Saints, but even I felt bad for them.
Kress

Post by Kress »

On our missed field goal, Justin Hollins was clearly leaping.

Just saying.

Leaping. Plain as day.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:53 pm On our missed field goal, Justin Hollins was clearly leaping.

Just saying.

Leaping. Plain as day.
that's a damned myth!
Push the damned button already!
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Kress wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:53 pm On our missed field goal, Justin Hollins was clearly leaping.

Just saying.

Leaping. Plain as day.
Leaping or jumping over an offensive lineman, because one is a not a foul and one is.