Tom Brady: Undecided

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Will Tom Brady Retire?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 42

mdb1958

Re: Tom Brady: Undecided

Post by mdb1958 »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:25 am
Crocaneers wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:20 am

Gotta admit .. you very well could have been one of maybe five that didn't believe it .. and between Shefty and TB12 Admin, things don't look good ..

That said .. this kind of smoke brings something ... we'll see on Tom's time table
Like Gronk said… if he was forced to pick a decision right now after the long haul of a season, drain of the playoff loss, knowing there will be losses, drama of AB, media hounding him, Gisele pounding his ass about fully retiring so he can be a dad(biggest cop out of all NFL players imo) he’d probably lean towards retiring.

He said he’d take his time. I truly believe we won’t hear from Brady until after the Super Bowl maybe three weeks after too. He needs time to get his mind set and think about his own brand. Coming back at 45 means something to him(he’s said it before). 8 super bowls may or may not. He can still sling it… that’s also something he has talked about. A “retirement tour” may not interest him… but every year for the last half decade the media was writing him off.

It would also be nice to drive that boat down the coast to another house.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

To me, this is a new low for sports journalism. I never really understood the mad competition for getting the scoop in any segment of journalism; there's perhaps a little more justification when it's two guys breaking a story about the President wire-tapping his enemies than when it's which coach just got hired by what team. But in this instance, there's just no excuse for it: it's not life-or-death for anyone not related to Brady to find out what he's doing with his future one second before he's ready for them to know. And for supposed journalists to blithely disregard his wishes while plastering their website and network with tributes is hollow, pathetic, and childish. Clearly they care more about being right than they do showing the guy they're calling the greatest the basic respect of making his own retirement announcement.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Brady isn't undecided. He's just going to wait until February 5th to officially retire. He's due a $15M roster bonus on February 4th.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I think he wanted to wait until after the SB to announce, and would officially do it after June 3rd.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

CannonFire wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:35 pm Brady isn't undecided. He's just going to wait until February 5th to officially retire. He's due a $15M roster bonus on February 4th.
Do you really think he would do that? If you do, I bet you think he will pay AB half of it.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

CannonFire wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:35 pm Brady isn't undecided. He's just going to wait until February 5th to officially retire. He's due a $15M roster bonus on February 4th.
He gets that roster bonus already so announcing it now wouldn’t change anything.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I think he’s trying to be respectful to the remaining competitors.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:03 pm I think he’s trying to be respectful to the remaining competitors.
You might be right. I’m operating under the belief that he will not be back and I’ll be pleasantly surprised if I’m wrong
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

BLT wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:34 am Have we tried offering Brady a deal where he can come in on Sundays an hour before each game?
lol for real though.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

I read a story that the Glazers should offer a stake in the team. I think its a magnificent idea.
ModX

Post by ModX »

THAT would really be an interesting precedent
Snake

Post by Snake »

Don’t think that’s allowed because it circumvents the cap. Any monetary value would have to be applied to the cap. Assuming it’s allowed at all.

Of course it could be a wink wink promise for a stake down the road. The league has a way of finding out about such things tho.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:36 am Don’t think that’s allowed because it circumvents the cap. Any monetary value would have to be applied to the cap. Assuming it’s allowed at all.

Of course it could be a wink wink promise for a stake down the road. The league has a way of finding out about such things tho.
Take a look at what the Panthers did with Luke and what the Saints did with Drew. Some interesting renegotiating of contracts right before the retirements were processed.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Anyway, where are we with what is going on with Brady? This has been a confusing mess IMHO. I thought the loss was going to result in him retiring but I thought he would take a while to make the decision. I was not surprised Saturday when things broke but I was surprised how they broke. Now I am left completely confused and feeling like the franchise is held captive until the decision is made.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Kind of agree with this guy. When are these writers going to pay for posting crap stories?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

One more year please? Mr Tom Brady
Snake

Post by Snake »

I mean, these peoples’ colleagues are complicit in the perpetuation of the school shooter phenomenon and ongoing wars. And those people haven’t received any comeuppance. Doubt sports reporters have anything coming tbh.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:55 am I mean, these peoples’ colleagues are complicit in the perpetuation of the school shooter phenomenon and ongoing wars. And those people haven’t received any comeuppance. Doubt sports reporters have anything coming tbh.
True. That and Trump and Hillary are both not rotting in jail cells.
nybf

Post by nybf »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:18 am

Kind of agree with this guy. When are these writers going to pay for posting crap stories?
You started the "Tom Brady is retiring" thread, right?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:25 am
13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:18 am

Yes, based on those reports. I posted them as evidence too. I never claimed 'trusted sources'.
nybf

Post by nybf »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:31 am
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:25 am

Yes, based on those reports. I posted them as evidence too. I never claimed 'trusted sources'.
Like them, you cared more about being first than being right.

Whenever Brady retires, this year, next year, in a decade, he will make the announcement. I don't understand why you can't wait until you hear it from his mouth. So next year when we see what Trask has you can point back and say "*I* was the first one to post a thread announcing that Brady has retired"?

As long as there are people like you who will take whatever these clowns say as gospel, they will continue to test the limits of "better first than right." And you'll keep posting their tweets and clicking their links, giving them the validation they want.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

The craziest part is that they’re just rolling with it as if it’s fact. No mention of his dad saying very clearly that he hasn’t decided, let alone the fact that Brady himself told the team he hasn’t decided yet.

I watched like 45 mins straight of tributes yesterday and not once did they mention that it’s still possible he returns.

Only once did any coverage I saw allude to it being an “if” and that was when Tedy Bruschi said he “thinks” it’ll be it because it’s the perfect way for Brady to go out knowing he doesn’t want a fairwell tour. That’s it. Everything else was a post-mortem.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

bucarican wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:31 am I read a story that the Glazers should offer a stake in the team. I think its a magnificent idea.
I don't think it would matter. We could throw the bank at him and it won't do any good. His issue isn't money, it's hours in the day he can commit to either football or family and his refusal to ever give football less than his all.

Deja Entendu wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:38 am The craziest part is that they’re just rolling with it as if it’s fact. No mention of his dad saying very clearly that he hasn’t decided, let alone the fact that Brady himself told the team he hasn’t decided yet.

I watched like 45 mins straight of tributes yesterday and not once did they mention that it’s still possible he returns.

Only once did any coverage I saw allude to it being an “if” and that was when Tedy Bruschi said he “thinks” it’ll be it because it’s the perfect way for Brady to go out knowing he doesn’t want a fairwell tour. That’s it. Everything else was a post-mortem.
I think his retirement is indeed fact. Just leaked early. At this point I'm fully expecting Brady to retire.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 am
13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:31 am Yes, based on those reports. I posted them as evidence too. I never claimed 'trusted sources'.
No, I did not care about being first. I was interested in discussing it with fellow fans. When I read it and did not notice a thread about it yet I posted. I was actually expecting a thread to already exist by the time I got to the forum. Keep making assumptions though. That is your style.
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 am Whenever Brady retires, this year, next year, in a decade, he will make the announcement. I don't understand why you can't wait until you hear it from his mouth. So next year when we see what Trask has you can point back and say "*I* was the first one to post a thread announcing that Brady has retired"?
I don't think I will ever hear it from Brady's mouth. I do not live next door to him. I have no contact with him. I will most likely hear it from a newspaper or online website. If you have a personal relationship with Brady that is awesome. With that type of connection, I would wait to hear directly from him.
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 am As long as there are people like you who will take whatever these clowns say as gospel, they will continue to test the limits of "better first than right." And you'll keep posting their tweets and clicking their links, giving them the validation they want.
As long as there are assholes like you Internet forums will still be the cause of stress for people.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I vote that we fire 13F11B.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:47 am I vote that we fire 13F11B.
That might be better than dealing with KingBootz and @nybf .
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

It is simple... Brady was waiting to see what happens with the team. I suspect he is now discovering we are fucked and is getting ready to pull the ripcord.

He is waiting for the Feb deadline to pick up his 15 million.

End of story.
nybf

Post by nybf »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:45 am
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 am

No, I did not care about being first. I was interested in discussing it with fellow fans. When I read it and did not notice a thread about it yet I posted. I was actually expecting a thread to already exist by the time I got to the forum. Keep making assumptions though. That is your style.
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 am Whenever Brady retires, this year, next year, in a decade, he will make the announcement. I don't understand why you can't wait until you hear it from his mouth. So next year when we see what Trask has you can point back and say "*I* was the first one to post a thread announcing that Brady has retired"?
I don't think I will ever hear it from Brady's mouth. I do not live next door to him. I have no contact with him. I will most likely hear it from a newspaper or online website. If you have a personal relationship with Brady that is awesome. With that type of connection, I would wait to hear directly from him.
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:37 am As long as there are people like you who will take whatever these clowns say as gospel, they will continue to test the limits of "better first than right." And you'll keep posting their tweets and clicking their links, giving them the validation they want.
As long as there are assholes like you Internet forums will still be the cause of stress for people.
You missed the thread called "Tom Brady: Undecided"? That's been on the first page of the forum since the thread was posted? This thread?

Taking 30 seconds to scan the first page to see if someone was discussing the possible retirement of the greatest football player ever to play the game might have been the difference between first and not first. We understand.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Digital_Damage wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:03 pm It is simple... Brady was waiting to see what happens with the team. I suspect he is now discovering we are fucked and is getting ready to pull the ripcord.

He is waiting for the Feb deadline to pick up his 15 million.

End of story.
I highly doubt that is correct, as he was/is intimately aware of our situation. Also, it doesn't matter when he retires with regards to the $15M
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:11 pm You missed the thread called "Tom Brady: Undecided"? That's been on the first page of the forum since the thread was posted? This thread?

Taking 30 seconds to scan the first page to see if someone was discussing the possible retirement of the greatest football player ever to play the game might have been the difference between first and not first. We understand.
I see you still haven't mastered the intricate nature of humor or the English language. Let me make this more simple. FUCK OFF!
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

acmillis wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:20 pm Also, it doesn't matter when he retires with regards to the $15M
Yes it does.
nybf

Post by nybf »

I didn't miss the humor in the guy who started Brady's retirement thread wanting to fire writers for doing the same thing.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:42 pm I didn't miss the humor in the guy who started Brady's retirement thread wanting to fire writers for doing the same thing.
Oh, stop being a douche. Most of us believed the reports were true when they first came out and there was nothing wrong with starting a new thread when that news broke either. People bitch when everything gets piled into a single thread and then they bitch when someone starts a new thread. I think it was okay in this particular case.
Don't tread on me
nybf

Post by nybf »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:50 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:42 pm I didn't miss the humor in the guy who started Brady's retirement thread wanting to fire writers for doing the same thing.
Oh, stop being a douche. Most of us believed the reports were true when they first came out and there was nothing wrong with starting a new thread when that news broke either. People bitch when everything gets piled into a single thread and then they bitch when someone starts a new thread. I think it was okay in this particular case.
There's a huge expanse between "digging through 28 pages of shit to find something discussed in the 2021 season thread" and "yes, we do need a 4th thread about Brady's plans for next season."
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:52 pm
Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:50 pm

There's a huge expanse between "digging through 28 pages of shit to find something discussed in the 2021 season thread" and "yes, we do need a 4th thread about Brady's plans for next season."
He, like many of us, thought it was breaking news. In other words, TB was no longer "undecided" so a thread was started that he had made his choice and the choice was to retire. Nothing wrong with that. It's not his fault that that news wasn't expressly given by TB himself. Had his choice been to stay another year, I'd have fully expected a new thread trumpeting that fact as well. Again, there would have been nothing wrong with that...even if it turned out TB hadn't actually confirmed that choice either.

At the end of the day, you can ignore the thread, just as some of us do other threads.
Don't tread on me