Tom Brady: Undecided

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Will Tom Brady Retire?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 42

real bucs fan

Re: Tom Brady: Undecided

Post by real bucs fan »

Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Although this whole waiting game could be that he wants the Bucs to release him so that he can "one-day-contract" with the Patriots, then retire...
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Moozician wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:42 pm Although this whole waiting game could be that he wants the Bucs to release him so that he can "one-day-contract" with the Patriots, then retire...
If Brady wanted that all he has to do is ask. No need for games.
MJW

Post by MJW »

I keep hoping one of these "snafus" will result in the end of the "report rumors from sources as facts" sports media. Hasn't happened yet.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Brady has been sounding like retirement since October-November. He MAY have one more season left in him, but this isn’t a surprise.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:47 am I mean they kind of grew up without him already. 14, 12, 10 right?
That’s the point. He wants to at least be just a Dad during their high school years. When Brady mentioned regretting missing time with his kids I knew the end was near. That’s not his love for the game going away or his ability. It’s his love for his family winning out after 20 years.

I can’t blame the man at all.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Dammit Tom! Couldn’t you be like 95% of NFL players and not care about your kids!?
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:08 pm Dammit Tom! Couldn’t you be like 95% of NFL players and not care about your kids!?
Antonio Cromartie has entered the chat!
Let's roll another joint
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Arians is a big family man and once said that no player should miss a recital or kid game or anything or he'll cut their ass. Family is too important.

Given two years here I'm sure Brady has gotten all the accommodations he's asked for and we'd give him any others he'd like. The issue is that Brady himself is too much of a competitor and perfectionist who would never disrespect that game by not giving it 100%.

Brady is fighting his own demons on this one. I hope we can work something out where he feels he can be giving the most to his kids and to the game. At least for one more run.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Doctor wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:13 pm Arians is a big family man and once said that no player should miss a recital or kid game or anything or he'll cut their ass. Family is too important.

Given two years here I'm sure Brady has gotten all the accommodations he's asked for and we'd give him any others he'd like. The issue is that Brady himself is too much of a competitor and perfectionist who would never disrespect that game by not giving it 100%.

Brady is fighting his own demons on this one. I hope we can work something out where he feels he can be giving the most to his kids and to the game. At least for one more run.
Same here. I’m hoping for one more run is all. Just one. If not then thank you, Mr. Brady and enjoy your next phase of life.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:13 pm Brady is fighting his own demons on this one.
It's unfair, but I immediately thought of his wife when I read this.

I'm sure he wants to be there for his kids and her, and I'm sure there are business/personal aspects of post-football that excite him.

But I'm also sure he's thinking about what he did last season, thinking about how close he was to pulling off one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history (after which you know we DESTROY the 49ers, right?), and knowing that he'll have the next 40 years to not play football, but maybe one more year to compete.
Let's roll another joint
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Brady has constantly spoken to how finite football is and you can only do it during the window you have. It would probably be so much easier for him if his body or skills had fallen off the cliff last year. It must drive him insane that he's been and continues to be so healthy and so good so long. :lol:
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:30 pm Brady has constantly spoken to how finite football is and you can only do it during the window you have. It would probably be so much easier for him if his body or skills had fallen off the cliff last year. It must drive him insane that he's been and continues to be so healthy and so good so long. :lol:
I wonder if he's a little bit jealous of Ben Roethlisberger? Dude couldn't play anymore. The Steelers didn't want him back. He wasn't going to get a legit shot at a starting job anywhere else in the league. There wasn't a decision to make. The band played him right the hell off the stage, but he got to pretend it was up to him, and we all played along because it's the nice thing to do.

The problem Brady has is, when he's 50 he'll still be better than Roethlisberger was last year. It'll never be that clear and obvious for him. He's too fit, and he's too smart, and he's too good.
Let's roll another joint
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Oh 100%

He's going to feel guilty either way. Guilty for wasting years he's been blessed with to play the game at a high level by retiring too early or guilty for missing time with his family. He's got two incredible blessings and he's going to have to take one for granted.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

I am wondering if we are seeing Tom’s crypto trade commercial play out in real life.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

I am wondering what his kids think... Daddy is super famous, and they all get to go to the games. I wonder if they want him to quit.

Tom may never turn into JAG, but at some point, he will find peace.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

PetePierson wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:35 pm
Bahamian:bucfan wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:56 pm If Brady does retire: what about the Bucs getting a familiar face in Winston?

- Winton is a fa and should not cost much
- he is more mature
- he knows Ba's system
- he has sat behind and learnt from one of the best in Brees
- Winston is highly motivated to prove his self
- etc

Personally, I would love this. The probability of this happening is about 8% but it is not 0%.
How would you guys feel about this?
Do you think the front office will at least consider this as an option?
Hate myself for posting at Rocker's World but you must be the dumbest mother fucker to ever post on any of the boards. Like lilBJ fucking ignorant. Hope the next hurricane wipes you and your family out, cocksucker.
Awe, Pete. It’s nice to know I have a small place in your transgender invested time.
Kress

Post by Kress »

MJW wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:52 pm I keep hoping one of these "snafus" will result in the end of the "report rumors from sources as facts" sports media. Hasn't happened yet.

But if they all do it, who do you blame, and while everyone is trying to figure it out..... clickity, clickity, click click click.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

I suspect Brady was going to keep his mouth shut until after the Super Bowl.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Terry Tate wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:44 pm I suspect Brady was going to keep his mouth shut until after the Super Bowl.
My thought too. Then some cretin close to him sold the story to the press.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Terry Tate wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:44 pm I suspect Brady was going to keep his mouth shut until after the Super Bowl.
So now the question is does this change the plan to retire or does it motivate him to not do that. This mess is really confusing at this point.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

I said what I said

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Phantom on Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

@PetePierson let's stop with the foreplay. I'm down for all of it. My holes inside of your holes, the whole nine yards. Give me a night of passion I'll never forget, you filthy animal.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I pictured him requesting a trade to Miami to win a Superbowl for them. He helps himself (chunk of money/real estate deals), he helps us (draft picks) and he helps Miami do a run for the Title.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Kress wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:27 pm
MJW wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:52 pm I keep hoping one of these "snafus" will result in the end of the "report rumors from sources as facts" sports media. Hasn't happened yet.

But if they all do it, who do you blame, and while everyone is trying to figure it out..... clickity, clickity, click click click.
You're not wrong. If everyone agreed to not pay attention to these unattributed "sources say" stories, they'd go away. But that'll never happen, especially not in the age of Twitter, when everyone can play at being a journalist (especially professional journalists.)
Let's roll another joint
SixStringSamurai

Post by SixStringSamurai »

Can someone post a gif of the undertaker getting back up when Brady says he’s coming back.
OneBuc

Post by OneBuc »

Phantom wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:48 pm…the only people who can keep TB12 from winning SBs
and Todd Bowles
Last edited by OneBuc on Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
OneBuc

Post by OneBuc »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 5:11 am I pictured him requesting a trade to Miami to win a Superbowl for them. He helps himself (chunk of money/real estate deals), he helps us (draft picks) and he helps Miami do a run for the Title.
would add to his legacy, wouldn't it?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

OneBuc wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:09 am
Phantom wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:48 pm…the only people who can keep TB12 from winning SBs
and Todd Bowles
Facts
BLT

Post by BLT »

Have we tried offering Brady a deal where he can come in on Sundays an hour before each game?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Crocaneers wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:26 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 2:47 pm
I’m skeptical still… he said he would take time, then not even a week later?
You're something else .. how about HIS company ?

Oh Croc, his company? Deleting tweets?

Sounds like an intern running a social media page who probably won’t be running it anymore.

I’m all for being the first to report something, when you’re confirmed… but this is a joke. Brady has said he’d take his time and not even a week later. Maybe he does retire,maybe he doesn’t. I’m dumb for being skeptical of an online report though… got it.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:54 am
Crocaneers wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:26 pm

You're something else .. how about HIS company ?

Sounds like an intern running a social media page who probably won’t be running it anymore.

I’m all for being the first to report something, when you’re confirmed… but this is a joke. Brady has said he’d take his time and not even a week later. Maybe he does retire,maybe he doesn’t. I’m dumb for being skeptical of an online report though… got it.
Gotta admit .. you very well could have been one of maybe five that didn't believe it .. and between Shefty and TB12 Admin, things don't look good ..

That said .. this kind of smoke brings something ... we'll see on Tom's time table
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Crocaneers wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:20 am
BJJ34 wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:54 am

Gotta admit .. you very well could have been one of maybe five that didn't believe it .. and between Shefty and TB12 Admin, things don't look good ..

That said .. this kind of smoke brings something ... we'll see on Tom's time table
Like Gronk said… if he was forced to pick a decision right now after the long haul of a season, drain of the playoff loss, knowing there will be losses, drama of AB, media hounding him, Gisele pounding his ass about fully retiring so he can be a dad(biggest cop out of all NFL players imo) he’d probably lean towards retiring.

He said he’d take his time. I truly believe we won’t hear from Brady until after the Super Bowl maybe three weeks after too. He needs time to get his mind set and think about his own brand. Coming back at 45 means something to him(he’s said it before). 8 super bowls may or may not. He can still sling it… that’s also something he has talked about. A “retirement tour” may not interest him… but every year for the last half decade the media was writing him off.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Phantom wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:48 pm
That should be Wilson not Stafford, but funny all the same.