It is going to be a wild 2022-2023 season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Digital_Damage

It is going to be a wild 2022-2023 season

Post by Digital_Damage »

You are going to see the end of some Super teams.
Bucs
Chiefs
Rams
Packers

and some not so super teams are going to have a hard time

Saints
Packers
Cowboys

Many AFC teams are Set to have big seasons
Bills
Chargers

But it is going to be a return to parity for the NFC FA is going to be huge next season.
Nano

Re: It is going to be a wild 2022-2023 season

Post by Nano »

I'm more eager for the 2023-2024 season where the Bucs are the Yucks again and we're discussing mock drafts in October.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Nano wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:30 pm I'm more eager for the 2023-2024 season where the Bucs are the Yucks again and we're discussing mock drafts in October.
Tom Brady has killed traffic the draft forum in this community. lmao
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Will he or won't he? That's the million dollar question regarding the Bucs and Tom Brady.

Fact is, next year's schedule is going to be downright BRUTAL for the Bucs. They will be facing the entire AFC North, all of whom were playoff contenders up until the final two weeks of the season. They will also face the entire NFC West who put three teams in the playoffs, and the Packers and the Cowboys (the reward of first place scheduling).

If Brady comes back for one last hurrah, I still think this team will be in the NFC's upper echelon.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:28 am Will he or won't he? That's the million dollar question regarding the Bucs and Tom Brady.

Fact is, next year's schedule is going to be downright BRUTAL for the Bucs. They will be facing the entire AFC North, all of whom were playoff contenders up until the final two weeks of the season. They will also face the entire NFC West who put three teams in the playoffs, and the Packers and the Cowboys (the reward of first place scheduling).

If Brady comes back for one last hurrah, I still think this team will be in the NFC's upper echelon.
This team has just as much talent as everyone we play next year.

My priority is bringing back the interior DL minus Suh and drafting/signing someone to replace him. Bringing in another OLB for depth. Bringing back Godwin and signing some depth receivers for injury reasons. Work on bringing in a backup tackle, because we’ve learned this lesson now.

I’m less worried about Brady. I trust the guy to not go out the way he went out. Though being down 27-3 and having the defense shit the bed after the comeback would sort of be fitting.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:35 am
Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:28 am Will he or won't he? That's the million dollar question regarding the Bucs and Tom Brady.

I’m less worried about Brady. I trust the guy to not go out the way he went out. Though being down 27-3 and having the defense shit the bed after the comeback would sort of be fitting.
Had Butt Bowles called a prevent and the game had gone into OT, Brady would've found a way to win.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:17 am
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:35 am
Had Butt Bowles called a prevent and the game had gone into OT, Brady would've found a way to win.
It happened. There’s literally nothing your anger can do to fix it. Harboring that anger is why so many people snap on random strangers everyday.

I’m a HUGE Bucs fan. And the loss sucks. On the other hand, life has bigger issues. These men are all paid handsomely and their lives will work out just fine. Meanwhile; we, the fan, have our own lives to worry about. Had Bowles called a prevent, we get to overtime… then the Rams get the ball and score similarly to the Chiefs… does that change the way you view your own life?

Too many people use football as a end all be all to life. I’m saying this because so many of you bash people on this board. Would you say it to Bowles face? He made a piss poor call that was poorly executed as well. Does it change your life at all though?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Nano wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:30 pm I'm more eager for the 2023-2024 season where the Bucs are the Yucks again and we're discussing mock drafts in October.
Don't sleep on Trask
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:45 pm
Don't sleep on Trask
Honestly, how good is Trask and can he really be QBOTF for us? I haven't really looked him up given that we have (hopefully, still will have) the GOAT.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Honestly? I thought Jon Gruden and Josh Johnson would've made a fantastic pair if we ever got to see it. I think it's one of the unspoken losses of firing Gruden as soon as we did. I think this pairing could be even better.

Trask has beautiful touch on his deep passes, everything you want when you risk it for the biscuit. He isn't without his flaws. He needs to develop a much quicker release, particularly for the screen plays we like to run. But he's got that Brady-like "I may not be the strongest or fasted, but when you start me you won't leave me" like moxie.

We tend to forget QBs who don't start their rookie year, but Trask is 100% the QBOFT. Of course if we have the option for a Rodgers, Wilson, or Watson level player come transition time, I would be all for going that route. But barring something wild like that, I fully expect Trask to take over when the time comes. Which hopefully isn't for a couple more years anyway.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I am glad someone other than me is not willing to give up on Trask. Many people thought Mac Jones would be an abject failure and he has proven them wrong. I think Trask has more upside than Jones. I do not think Trask is Mahomes or Allen but I think Trask should not be overlooked.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:45 pm I am glad someone other than me is not willing to give up on Trask. Many people thought Mac Jones would be an abject failure and he has proven them wrong. I think Trask has more upside than Jones. I do not think Trask is Mahomes or Allen but I think Trask should not be overlooked.
How does he have more upside?
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:08 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:45 pm I am glad someone other than me is not willing to give up on Trask. Many people thought Mac Jones would be an abject failure and he has proven them wrong. I think Trask has more upside than Jones. I do not think Trask is Mahomes or Allen but I think Trask should not be overlooked.
Just my opinion, but I thought Trask is/was the best pocket passer in the last draft by a fair margin.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:08 pm
The primary difference between Jones and Trask that stood out to me was his size and arm strength. I think Trask has better touch on his deep balls and more velocity on throws that need to be fit in a window. I would say Jones was more ready to read NFL defenses but I think Trask showed the ability to learn how to do that.