2022 NFL Wildcard Weekend

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Re: 2022 NFL Wildcard Weekend

Post by Snake »

CantonJester wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:50 am
Snake wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:07 am Kingsbury better figure something out because he’s gone if they don’t go further than this next season, IMO.
He better figure something out, because they figure him out apparently.

I think it was dread who said that getting stronger as the season goes on is an indicator of a good coaching staff. And well, the inverse is obvious.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

It seems people are still whining that the Cowboys got screwed by the official that appeared to have caused them to run out of time after that scramble by Zak.

Here's the video sequence...

Here's a series of stills I took from the video above.

This still shows Zak's knee down just outside the 25 yard line.

Not only that, in this still, you can see the Cowboy's center spotted the ball, not an official.

The official was correct in moving the ball further back, but he still missed the spot by a good yard when he placed it at the 24 instead of the 25, at best.
Image Image

Bottom line, the official was right to spot that ball further back. In fact, he should have placed it even further back at just before the 25 yard line instead of the 24 where it was placed by the official.

So, ultimately, the fault lies 100% with Zak for running too far before sliding down. The only thing the official did wrong was not spotting the ball further back than he did.

Cowboy fans can suck it.
Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

Best case scenario they get to snap off with one second left and that one second is used on the spike play, right?

Not surprising that the most entitled obnoxious fan base can’t let this go.