Divisional match-up discussion: Rams @ Bucs

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Nobody

Re: Divisional match-up discussion: Rams @ Bucs

Post by Nobody »

They (Rams) play an abundance of Match Quarters and Cover 6 (Match Quarters on the open side of the formation with 2 Read - another Pattern Match principles coverage - on the closed side). So while it’s Zone in name, they’re pattern matching and maintaining after the routes declare.

So we have to eff with those pattern match principles. It’s one of the reasons why I like playing an abundance of 12 personnel and Unbalanced Right this week (outside of all the run game/protect the RT reasons I’ve listed). You playaction to the strong side, run a lot of outside and exchanged release Verts (variations of Seam/Corner and Wheel good) put those 2nd level defenders in a processing bind both in fitting the run and in managing their pattern match principle mesh points. Create a bust or 2. Have the RB release under them after a chip for extra fun.

The entire play sheet this week needs to be overburdened with heavy personnel playaction that effs with Match Quarters and 2 Read principles.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:29 am
Dread wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:20 am

I won't even begin to get excited until I see an injury report.

I said this earlier in the week I like Greg. I think he's the best Tampa beat writer. But for whatever reason, he's been too ambitious with the way he reports injuries this year. Like he wants to be the 1st to be right. He seems to think working on the sideline with a trainer is an indication that a player practiced and is on track to play. He did it for a month with AB and Gronk. Did it last week with Fournette.

I get that it's his job but he's gotta come off the high horse a little bit as well. Doesn't help that he's also been getting into it with people who comment on his tweets and call him out about it either.
Is there something in that tweet that isn't factual?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Nobody wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:55 am They (Rams) play an abundance of Match Quarters and Cover 6 (Match Quarters on the open side of the formation with 2 Read - another Pattern Match principles coverage - on the closed side). So while it’s Zone in name, they’re pattern matching and maintaining after the routes declare.

So we have to eff with those pattern match principles. It’s one of the reasons why I like playing an abundance of 12 personnel and Unbalanced Right this week (outside of all the run game/protect the RT reasons I’ve listed). You playaction to the strong side, run a lot of outside and exchanged release Verts (variations of Seam/Corner and Wheel good) put those 2nd level defenders in a processing bind both in fitting the run and in managing their pattern match principle mesh points. Create a bust or 2. Have the RB release under them after a chip for extra fun.

The entire play sheet this week needs to be overburdened with heavy personnel playaction that effs with Match Quarters and 2 Read principles.
That's an adjustment we'll almost have to make simply by the personnel we have available.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Wonder if Bruce's definition of "practiced" meets approval.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:34 am
13F11B wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:33 am

Dude. You are the one that keeps ending up face up on the canvas.
That's because everyone is holding the paint brush. LIKE YOU ARE HERE.

I'll say for the 3rd time. Don't want trouble, don't start it.
I think what most people are trying to tell you is that YOU START trouble.

You are obviously LOOKING for trouble.

I am just pointing out to you that you END UP getting BASHED in the FACE and KNOCKED OUT.

I hope that makes things more clear for you.
Backside

Post by Backside »

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

nybf wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:18 pm

Have to ask @King Bootz he knows all. :shock: :lol: :lol: :geek: :mrgreen:
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Pretty sure Jensen will play, he's had more work than Wirfs. Wirfs even being a game-time decision at this point is super promising.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

13F11B wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:26 pm

Wow. Didn't know Perriman was hurt.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Backside

Post by Backside »

Imagine looking at the roster at the beginning of the year and being told that the health of Cyril Grayson would be critical for our divisional playoff matchup.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Referee crew announced. We get Shawn Hochuli. One of the more flag-happy crews, they did the Dallas-Tampa game, 19 flags. A whopping 28 flags in the Dallas-Raiders Thanksgiving game.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:25 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:34 am

That's because everyone is holding the paint brush. LIKE YOU ARE HERE.

I'll say for the 3rd time. Don't want trouble, don't start it.
I think what most people are trying to tell you is that YOU START trouble.

You are obviously LOOKING for trouble.

I am just pointing out to you that you END UP getting BASHED in the FACE and KNOCKED OUT.

I hope that makes things more clear for you.
How can I start the trouble if I'm not the one responding? Like here for instance. You weren't even involved, but you inserted yourself. That's starting trouble. You wanna continue to have this conversation, we can. Even if you don't acknowledge or realize you started it, you did.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:53 pm Referee crew announced. We get Shawn Hochuli. One of the more flag-happy crews, they did the Dallas-Tampa game, 19 flags. A whopping 28 flags in the Dallas-Raiders Thanksgiving game.
Better that one than the one that reffed the Bengals/Raiders game. Holy hell! Jerome Bogger is one of the worst refs in the league.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:39 pm
13F11B wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:26 pm

Neither did I. But apparently it's serious.

Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:54 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:53 pm Referee crew announced. We get Shawn Hochuli. One of the more flag-happy crews, they did the Dallas-Tampa game, 19 flags. A whopping 28 flags in the Dallas-Raiders Thanksgiving game.
Better that one than the one that reffed the Bengals/Raiders game. Holy hell! Jerome Bogger is one of the worst refs in the league.
Boger's crew won't be at any more games this season. Hochuli's didn't ref last weekend, not sure if they may be the crew replacing Boger or not.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:48 am
Dread wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 am
Don't forget who our QB is. He won a Super Bowl with Edleman and James White as his top targets.

Obviously we don't have anyone that can do what AB and Godwin were capable of. But we still have two future HoF targets for Brady to throw to in his buddy Gronk and Mike Evans.

Gio can be that guy out of the backfield if Lenny can't go. But ideally Lenny is 100% b/c it will give our offense the threat of a physical running game which naturally slows down pass rushers.

I'd be surprised if the Rams D doesn't come out very aggressive with their coverages on defense in attempt to take away the check down/short passing game and force Brady to hold the ball so the pass rush can take advantage of of the Bucs Oline. Imo that is the Rams strength on that side of the ball. They just don't typically play that way and instead have very much been an off zone coverage, bend but don't break defense.
When you can roll out the pass rushers the Rams do, why would you play any other way? That's been a winning recipe for them against us the last 2 years. I don't expect them to change it up. We've had no answer for Donald. Floyd has played well against us. And oh they also added Von Miller.

A run game will be important. We've all but abandoned it against them the last 2 times out. That's the best way to keep them honest.

I know we can't do what they do on offense, but I wonder if Brady/Byron/Bruce bothered looking at any of the Rams games vs the Niners. They've beaten this team twice with rather mediocre QB play. But they have been able to score points because they committed to running the ball which neutralizes their pass rush. 1 thing is for certain. We ain't winning this game on the back of 50 Brady drop backs.
Ideally Brady doesn't throw it 50x. But if 40 of those are within 5yds of the LoS b/c the defense is playing a ton of zone we know Brady can use that as an extension of the run game. He's done that effectively for years against very good defenses. All depends what he sees at the LoS pre-snap. Which is why I think playing at home is important b/c it let's Brady adjust based on what he sees.

But I agree getting the power run game going will be very important. If we get a 'playoff Lenny' performance we'll have the Rams defense on it's heals playing to their weakness, instead of letting them play to their strength which is getting teams in 3rd & long and catch-up mode where those pass rushers can tee off.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Only about 7k tickets available for resale. Should be a good home crowd!
Dread

Post by Dread »

Sounds like Perriman is out Sunday. He didn't look right vs Philly.

So at WR we'll have Evans..... umm, errrr... Tyler Johnson, Scotty Miller, Darden, and John Brown.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Last time I went to a Rams/Bucs playoff game, we lost 9-0. Let's hope for a much better result this time. Ironically, they were the LA Rams then as well. Maybe it's a good sign that I won't be in attendance for this game. :D
Don't tread on me
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Dread wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:18 pm Sounds like Perriman is out Sunday. He didn't look right vs Philly.

So at WR we'll have Evans..... umm, errrr... Tyler Johnson, Scotty Miller, Darden, and John Brown.
Possibly Grayson.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Now we can trust Auman's injury diagnosis.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Backside wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:46 pm Imagine looking at the roster at the beginning of the year and being told that the health of Cyril Grayson could be critical for our divisional playoff matchup.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Note: don't let their punter pin us deep.

Consider a shovel pass, could draw a roughing the passer to boot.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:56 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:39 pm

Neither did I. But apparently it's serious.

Shit, if him and Grayson both can't go, we're going to be lacking a speedy receiver who can stretch the field.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Scott Gunner Miller
BLT

Post by BLT »

Bootz, is this okay or no?

Please let us know before we can form an opinion about it.

Thanks man
BLT

Post by BLT »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:46 pm
I don't buy it. Greg Auman said that Antonio Brown would be back for weeks while he continued to fake an ankle injury.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BLT wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:06 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:46 pm
I don't buy it. Greg Auman said that Antonio Brown would be back for weeks while he continued to fake an ankle injury.
Since you don't believe Greg Auman but believe Scott Smith...

You're welcome, kiddo.
Nano

Post by Nano »

https://v.redd.it/9pvthzull2d81/DASH_720.mp4

This is how the two looked in practice(from Reddit).

Jensen...not bad. Seemed to get into his stance and could push back with power easy enough. Little wobble to his step but nothing terrible.

Wirfs though...oh dear. You can tell it's bothering him because of how gingerly his actions are. Good that he's not in a boot I guess.

Try not to get distracted by Vea walking by and hauling a full semi. Happened to me the first 50 times.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Nano wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:20 pm https://v.redd.it/9pvthzull2d81/DASH_720.mp4

This is how the two looked in practice(from Reddit).

Jensen...not bad. Seemed to get into his stance and could push back with power easy enough. Little wobble to his step but nothing terrible.

Wirfs though...oh dear. You can tell it's bothering him because of how gingerly his actions are. Good that he's not in a boot I guess.

Try not to get distracted by Vea walking by and hauling a full semi. Happened to me the first 50 times.

Nope, couldnt tell it. I did see he was heavily bandaged.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Must search!

Gotta find drama.

Let us talk about our nerves
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:04 pm Scott Gunner Miller
I sincerely hope he can do what he did in the divisional round and the NFCCG last year, but he's missed so much time. How effective can he really be?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

The Rams are going down, the back of my hand can taste cheekbone.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Tackle. Tackle. And tackle.

No stupid penalties.

The end.