Divisional match-up discussion: Rams @ Bucs

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
CantonJester

Re: Divisional match-up discussion: Rams @ Bucs

Post by CantonJester »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:49 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:33 pm
Done simply to appease the Karen's out there.
No. It's more about holding management to the same standard the league holds the player's association.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

CantonJester wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:34 pm
Buc2 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:49 pm

Done simply to appease the Karen's out there.
No. It's more about holding management to the same standard the league holds the player's association.
Somebody gets it.

I want anyone clutching their pearls like @Buc2 to take a minute and think can you imagine if Andrew Adams or any player took a swing at Bruce Arians?
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:50 pm

Somebody gets it.

I want anyone clutching their pearls like @Buc2 to take a minute and think can you imagine if Andrew Adams or any player took a swing at Bruce Arians?
The fine was appropriate.. In fact, it could have been worse.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I have a hard time coming up with another 3 HCs in the NFL who would’ve done that, or at least in that fashion. I could see a coach walking his player back, but not straight up striking them.

Bruce is definitely a dying breed.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:02 pm I have a hard time coming up with another 3 HCs in the NFL who would’ve done that, or at least in that fashion. I could see a coach walking his player back, but not straight up striking them.

Bruce is definitely a dying breed.
You don't see that in the pros. Bruce knew who he hit because I guarantee you he swings at Suh or JPP or Jensen that way it's a completely different conversation we're having today.

He was out of line. He got fined. That he's a dying breed is a good thing.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Just ask yourself as many times as Ryan Jensen has done some stupid shit to get hit with a 15 yard penalty, how many times has he clocked Jensen when he came to the sideline? Jensen would've put him on his ass without a 2nd thought.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Somebody gets it.

If he had grabbed Adams by the shoulder pad or jersey and pulled him back, this would be a non-issue. Fact is, Adams did something stupid that could've cost the Bucs 15 yards in what I like to call a "knucklehead penalty" and needed to be laid into. Davis was guilty of the same earlier after he picked off a pass from Hurts. But slapping a player on the helmet is out of line.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:12 pm

Somebody gets it.

If he had grabbed Adams by the shoulder pad or jersey and pulled him back, this would be a non-issue. Fact is, Adams did something stupid that could've cost the Bucs 15 yards in what I like to call a "knucklehead penalty" and needed to be laid into. Davis was guilty of the same earlier after he picked off a pass from Hurts. But slapping a player on the helmet is out of line.
I agree. And that's why he was hit with a consequence. He went too far.

There's a reason you quite literally NEVER see this.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I hate to make this analogy but it seems apropos. If your child is doing something they shouldn’t do, you go up and you remove them from the situation. In this instance, you pick them up or you pull them by their shirt and you get them out of there.

You don’t go up to them from behind and slap them in the back of the head hard. It just doesn’t make sense. Two wrongs not making a right. Yada yada yada.

I’m not trying to create an excuse for Bruce but I’m looking for a reason. Look at how he moves. He is not healthy. The motherfucker can barely walk. I think Bruce started losing his mind, was panicking and trying to get that player out of there. Realized he is weak and out of shape. And figured slapping him was the best recourse at that point to sufficiently get his attention. Still not acceptable. But it’s the only way I can make sense of it.

Did I mention he doesn’t look healthy? Dude is as red as a tomato. Maybe we need to cut back on the cocktails.

Edit: might be a stretch upon further review. Dude just lost his temper.
Last edited by Snake on Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Noles1724 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:19 pm
bucarican wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:08 pm Lenny put out a message on twitter yesterday that goes like this "Appreciate all the birthday luv, man only if y’all knew the roads I had to take to get here, all the people I lost in my that can’t experience everything with me Thank Y’all and I WILL SEE YOU GUY SUNDAY." If he returns that would be big!
posted in other thread.. buddy played cards last night with him and he said that he'll be playing this weekend.
Hopefully your buddy had a mask on.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Somebody gets it.

Well.. that is a stupid analogy...

Because smacking a 29 year old with a helmet on for being a fucktard (something these doofuses do after every tackle) is the same as hitting a 69 year old without a helmet.

Bet you if he did this to Gronk you would not be crying... wonder why...
Last edited by Digital_Damage on Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 pm Did I mention he doesn’t look healthy? Dude is as red as a tomato. Maybe we need to cut back on the cocktails.
Or increase the SPF of his sunscreen.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Snake

Post by Snake »

Defense5599 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:20 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 pm Did I mention he doesn’t look healthy? Dude is as red as a tomato. Maybe we need to cut back on the cocktails.
Or increase the SPF of his sunscreen.
There is sun red and there is alchy red.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 pm I hate to make this analogy but it seems apropos. If your child is doing something they shouldn’t do, you go up and you remove them from the situation. In this instance, you pick them up or you pull them by their shirt and you get them out of there.

You don’t go up to them from behind and slap them in the back of the head hard. It just doesn’t make sense. Two wrongs not making a right. Yada yada yada.

I’m not trying to create an excuse for Bruce but I’m looking for a reason. Look at how he moves. He is not healthy. The motherfucker can barely walk. I think Bruce started losing his mind, was panicking and trying to get that player out of there. Realized he is weak and out of shape. And figured slapping him was the best recourse at that point to sufficiently get his attention. Still not acceptable. But it’s the only way I can make sense of it.

Did I mention he doesn’t look healthy? Dude is as red as a tomato. Maybe we need to cut back on the cocktails.
Guy had a damn helmet on they slap each other in the helmet all the time. Bruce lives his damn life to the fullest, leave it to you to say what he needs to do and not do.
Snake

Post by Snake »

bucarican wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:21 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:17 pm I hate to make this analogy but it seems apropos. If your child is doing something they shouldn’t do, you go up and you remove them from the situation. In this instance, you pick them up or you pull them by their shirt and you get them out of there.

Guy had a damn helmet on they slap each other in the helmet all the time. Bruce lives his damn life to the fullest, leave it to you to say what he needs to do and not do.
Yeah, I think it’s more about respect. he’s not gonna hurt the guy. But in what circumstances does an old frail dude like Arians get to slap a dude like Adams in the head like he’s his parent?

I’m sure it’s written off as “crazy BA being crazy BA. He still loves me.”
Last edited by Snake on Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:22 pm
bucarican wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:21 pm

Yeah, I think it’s more about respect. he’s not gonna hurt the guy. But in what circumstances does an old frail dude like Arians get to slap a dude like Adams in the head like he’s his parent?
When said players act like children.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:19 pm

Somebody gets it.

Because smacking a 29 year old with a helmet on for being a fucktard (something these doofuses do after every tackle) is the same as hitting a 69 year old without a helmet.

Helmet or not, you don't smack anyone in this league. Period. It doesn't take an idiot to realize this. That's why Arians was hit with a fine bigger than most unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:24 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:19 pm

Helmet or not, you don't smack anyone in this league. Period. It doesn't take an idiot to realize this. That's why Arians was hit with a fine bigger than most unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
Did you count how many times they smacked each other? Your analogy is still fucking retarded.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:26 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:24 pm

Did you count how many times they smacked each other? Your analogy is still fucking retarded.
50,000 reasons you're wrong here kiddo. Play semantics all you want, but the FACT is you're wrong.

We move on.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:27 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:26 pm

50,000 reasons you're wrong here kiddo. Play semantics all you want, but the FACT is you're wrong.

We move on.
Why do you use the word "facts" wrong all the time?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:24 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:22 pm

Said players aren't children and he's not their parent. He wants the right to slap a player in the helmet as a form of reprimand? Sign your son to this team. But like I said there's a reason he hit Andrew Adams and not Ryan Jensen or Ndamukong Suh. They would've knocked him on his ass and we'd be all here for it.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 pm

Said players aren't children and he's not their parent. He wants the right to slap a player in the helmet as a form of reprimand? Sign your son to this team. But like I said there's a reason he hit Andrew Adams and not Ryan Jensen or Ndamukong Suh. They would've knocked him on his ass and we'd be all here for it.
I would argue a large percentage of these players have the intellect of children.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Digital_Damage wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:31 pm

I would argue a large percentage of these players have the intellect of children.
Your argument would be irrelevant. Unless your position is if they do something wrong that they shouldn't be held responsible, their parents should. Or that them being in the NFL violates child labor laws because children aren't allowed to play in the NFL. Is that what you're saying?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

All y'all crying over a weak smack upside the head (a helmeted head at that) and I'm the one "clutching pearls?" :lol:

I hope Adam's offered to pay his fine. In secret, of course. Don't want you Nancy's to be further offended.
Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

@Buc2 I think it simply looks bad.

The lunging at Adams, the flailing slap, the anger.

He could’ve just took one extra step and stood in front of him and screamed “get your dumbass on the sideline before you get penalized.”
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:37 pm All y'all crying over a weak smack upside the head (a helmeted head at that) and I'm the one "clutching pearls?" :lol:

I hope Adam's offered to pay his fine. In secret, of course. Don't want you Nancy's to be further offended.
Adams salary this year is $935k which over 18 games averages out to about $52k a game check. I guarantee you he's not offering to pay BAs $50k fine for smacking him in the head.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

First neither of the guys you stated are acting stupid on the field right in front of the coach. Second, no one on the team has found an issue with his actions. Last, you are living in the 2021 twitter soft league. Relax this is a non story, move on to the Rams.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I agree. It's a $50,000 non-story. For context, the largest on-field fine this year was Denzel Perryman being fined $55,000 for a helmet to helmet hit. BAs fine would've been the 2nd largest this year in the league.

We move on.
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:47 pm I agree. It's a $50,000 non-story. For context, the largest on-field fine this year was Denzel Perryman being fined $55,000 for a helmet to helmet hit. BAs fine would've been the 2nd largest this year in the league.

We move on.
Let it distract you, I am pretty sure the players and the team have brushed it off and are focused on the Rams. You should do the same.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

bucarican wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:04 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:47 pm I agree. It's a $50,000 non-story. For context, the largest on-field fine this year was Denzel Perryman being fined $55,000 for a helmet to helmet hit. BAs fine would've been the 2nd largest this year in the league.

We move on.
Let it distract you, I am pretty sure the players and the team have brushed it off and are focused on the Rams. You should do the same.
How is pointing something out that happened distracting? Is your mind that small and simple that you only have the capability to focus on 1 thing at a time?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:42 pm @Buc2 I think it simply looks bad.

The lunging at Adams, the flailing slap, the anger.

He could’ve just took one extra step and stood in front of him and screamed “get your dumbass on the sideline before you get penalized.”
It did look bad. In fact, it looked down right silly. If anything, he should have been fined for going out on the field and involving himself in the officials business.

But, as Bootz said, it's a $50K nothing burger. Time to move on.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Backside

Post by Backside »

Wirfs' first time ever on that list :(

With our injuries there is a pretty clear talent gap between the two teams. But we still have the advantage at the most important position. If we come in with a good gameplan and execute, we should be right there.

The injuries take some sting out of a potential loss for me. As long as we give a good effort, I'm not gonna be too bummed about the result.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Edit: might be a stretch upon further review. Dude just lost his temper.
This is much more accurate than Bruce Arians thinks he can just slap players. He was trying to get his attention and due to his injury he couldn't get there fast enough so he basically fell forward and tapped him on the helmet. Anyone who says he took a swing at his helmet is just being a bit dramatic. With that said, BA did himself no favors with his attitude about it. Should he have been fined? Yes, letter of the law. But let's not paint him as a player slapping coach and please spare me that Jensen would have knocked BA out for the same tap. Jensen would have thought a fly landed on his helmet.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Jesus, it was a love tap.

I can tell how many never played football before.