Gerald McCoy: junkie

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Re: Gerald McCoy: junkie

Post by Snake »

More NFL players are on PEDs than not. most take sufficient steps to not get caught. The testing isn’t exactly stringent. The league wants doped up athletes. They don’t want 250# guards.

McCoy could’ve made an honest mistake. It’s his personality and brand to own up to it. Good for him. The truth is there isn’t a moral police for the NFL and no one cares.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:32 pm Don’t play with your food, @nybf.
I'd give you a thumbs up.... but here we are.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Haha.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

nybf wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:00 pm
Rocker wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:32 pm Don’t play with your food, @nybf.
I'd give you a thumbs up.... but here we are.
Well played.

*tips cap*
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

Snake wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:43 pm More NFL players are on PEDs than not. most take sufficient steps to not get caught. The testing isn’t exactly stringent. The league wants doped up athletes. They don’t want 250# guards.

McCoy could’ve made an honest mistake. It’s his personality and brand to own up to it. Good for him. The truth is there isn’t a moral police for the NFL and no one cares.
👍
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:43 pm More NFL players are on PEDs than not. most take sufficient steps to not get caught. The testing isn’t exactly stringent. The league wants doped up athletes. They don’t want 250# guards.

This.

And I'd like to add, I have no damn clue why people are so geeked on the idea McCoy is secretly a dirtbag.

I get why people like Pete generally don't like the guy's demeanor. But he didn't do us wrong. He did his job. He rarely half-assed his snaps. He did what he was paid to do.

It's sort of funny to me that people are laughing at McCoy right now, but I don't think anyone on this board as talked about the shit that went down with Richard Sherman this summer.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
nybf

Post by nybf »

MJW wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:41 am
And I'd like to add, I have no damn clue why people are so geeked on the idea McCoy is secretly a dirtbag.
I don't think he's a dirtbag. I knew this was the perfect lure, so I just took my boat out.

I do have doubts on his full story. He's been in the league long enough to know to check the lists. I think he's just dumb and got caught. But I don't doubt for a second he knew what he was taking.

And there's talk about Sherman all over both boards. If you don't see it, it's not the board's fault.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Snake wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:04 pm NFL players don’t fail drug tests. They fail IQ tests.
That would be my thumbs up.

An longtime NFL player should not fail a drug test for something his doctor prescribed to him. I'm not saying it's not true, I'm saying its outright moronic to so much as take your script to the drug store BEFORE you take it to the league - or whoever you or the NFLPA pays to do this stuff - for approval. Much less to get the script filled and be ingesting the stuff long enough that you've now tested positive for it. It's either (1) dumb, or (2) intentional but hoping to fly under the radar long enough to sneak through, i.e., dumb.

I also don't give him kudos for "owning up to it" as someone said. He didn't voluntarily disclose. He got popped, then gave an "I'm sorry, but..." and deflected to his doctor.
Dread

Post by Dread »

This.

I get why people like Pete generally don't like the guy's demeanor. But he didn't do us wrong. He did his job. He rarely half-assed his snaps. He did what he was paid to do.

It's sort of funny to me that people are laughing at McCoy right now, but I don't think anyone on this board as talked about the shit that went down with Richard Sherman this summer.
I don't think anyone here believes McCoy is a dirtbag, or even a bad guy.

This thread was mostly fucking w/ Bootz and his famous 'Once a junkie, always a junkie' argument from yesteryear. Bootzie couldn't resist the bait and thus got taken for the ride.

As far as McCoy testing positive for a banned substance... My take on it is that's it's too bad, but not surprising. Even a happy go lucky guy like McCoy is a competitor and decided to take something that would get him back on the field in the best shape possible.

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, especially for a veteran like McCoy who has been in the league for over a decade. If you're putting any new substance in your body it's your responsibility to have it vetted first.

His apology was just another 'I'm prescribed adderall and didn't know it was banned' type of bullshit comment these guys make AFTER they are caught. It just deflecting while claiming accountability.

It's a sad ending to what what been a sad last few years to his otherwise stellar career as a football player.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:16 am

This.

I don't think anyone here believes McCoy is a dirtbag, or even a bad guy.

This thread was mostly fucking w/ Bootz and his famous 'Once a junkie, always a junkie' argument from yesteryear. Bootzie couldn't resist the bait and thus got taken for the ride.

As far as McCoy testing positive for a banned substance... My take on it is that's it's too bad, but not surprising. Even a happy go lucky guy like McCoy is a competitor and decided to take something that would get him back on the field in the best shape possible.

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, especially for a veteran like McCoy who has been in the league for over a decade. If you're putting any new substance in your body it's your responsibility to have it vetted first.

His apology was just another 'I'm prescribed adderall and didn't know it was banned' type of bullshit comment these guys make AFTER they are caught. It just deflecting while claiming accountability.

It's a sad ending to what what been a sad last few years to his otherwise stellar career as a football player.
First to quote your master
nybf wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:04 am Still can't keep my dick out of your mouth, huh?

And yet you had to explain to people in length that you and your master were simply trolling.

Word of wisdom, kiddo. If you have to explain your troll attempt because MULTIPLE people condemned the premise of the topic, it means you failed miserably and only made yourself look like a fool.

So in the words of your Master, again,
nybf wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:01 pm
Moozician wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:02 pm Fuck off NYBF.
Fuck. You.........

Go fuck yourself.
Kress

Post by Kress »

I was curious how many times you said you were done. 3, and counting. Funny, it seemed like more.
King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:13 pm No point in going any further down the rabbit hole here with you. If you feel McCoy is a junkie, you're wrong, but I suppose it makes you feel better.

Carry on.
King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:20 pm Glad you finally admit that without me you have no purpose. You go as far as I let you, son. Don't ever stop admitting that I'm the center of your life. My work is done here.
King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:36 pm This wasn't a job. This was sport, kiddo.

Now go argue with a wall. That petty bullshit will not be going on this board the same way I entertained you on BZ. I'm done with all of that.

Again, I disagree with your premise that Gerald McCoy is a junkie but if you truly feel he is, good for you. I'm not here to change your mind or alter your thinking. In fact, I'm staying out of your way unless it's discussing football or any topic at hand. I suggest you do the same. And if you can't I'll simply put you on ignore and move on. Your choice.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:33 pm I was curious how many times you said you were done. 3, and counting. Funny, it seemed like more.
King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:13 pm No point in going any further down the rabbit hole here with you. If you feel McCoy is a junkie, you're wrong, but I suppose it makes you feel better.

Carry on.
King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:20 pm Glad you finally admit that without me you have no purpose. You go as far as I let you, son. Don't ever stop admitting that I'm the center of your life. My work is done here.
King Bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:36 pm This wasn't a job. This was sport, kiddo.

Now go argue with a wall. That petty bullshit will not be going on this board the same way I entertained you on BZ. I'm done with all of that.

Again, I disagree with your premise that Gerald McCoy is a junkie but if you truly feel he is, good for you. I'm not here to change your mind or alter your thinking. In fact, I'm staying out of your way unless it's discussing football or any topic at hand. I suggest you do the same. And if you can't I'll simply put you on ignore and move on. Your choice.
Done talking to that person on this topic? I am.
I'm curious as to what your interest is or do you have the same problem Dread & NY have in that you can't get Bootz off the brain?
Kress

Post by Kress »

4!
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Defense5599 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:14 pm He tested positive for a banned substance. The NFL has a pretty lengthy list of banned substances. The list is so extensive that if a player isn't careful, he could ingest a banned substances and fail a drug test without even realizing it. I've seen players fail drug tests after taking cold medicine (something my 11 year old niece can walk into a drug store and buy over the counter). I've seen players fail drug tests after eating poppy seed bagels.
Really? How have you "seen" this?
Kress

Post by Kress »

Four Verticals wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:56 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:14 pm He tested positive for a banned substance. The NFL has a pretty lengthy list of banned substances. The list is so extensive that if a player isn't careful, he could ingest a banned substances and fail a drug test without even realizing it. I've seen players fail drug tests after taking cold medicine (something my 11 year old niece can walk into a drug store and buy over the counter). I've seen players fail drug tests after eating poppy seed bagels.
Really? How have you "seen" this?

I think it was a Seinfeld episode.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Nailed it
nybf

Post by nybf »

Kress wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:53 pm4!
He also then brought it to an entirely separate forum to cement how done he is.
nybf

Post by nybf »

puss in bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:36 pm In fact, I'm staying out of your way unless it's discussing football or any topic at hand. I suggest you do the same. And if you can't I'll simply put you on ignore and move on. Your choice.
More lies from the attention whore.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:12 am
puss in bootz wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:36 pm In fact, I'm staying out of your way unless it's discussing football or any topic at hand. I suggest you do the same. And if you can't I'll simply put you on ignore and move on. Your choice.
More lies from the attention whore.
I did you a favor. What would you do without me?
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

I might be ignorant at the moment, but why was this thread necro'd?
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Bucsfan83 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:15 pm I might be ignorant at the moment, but why was this thread necro'd?
We wanted to add another thread to the circle-jerk-mix.