NFL Head Coach Hot Seat

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: NFL Head Coach Hot Seat

Post by King Bootz »

"Speculation". I love it :roll:
Snake

Post by Snake »

That’s 90% of what we do a message boards. So don’t act like you’re somehow better than speculation you piece of shit.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Still waiting on your list of more deserving white candidates that will get hired once all the Rooney interviews "are out of the way".
nybf

Post by nybf »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:29 am That’s 90% of what we do a message boards. So don’t act like you’re somehow better than speculation you piece of shit.
No one is allowed to post anything that is not confirmed fact except for boots.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

That's speculation.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:12 am
Defense5599 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:06 am

If you truly believe this, I have some mountainside property here in Florida to sell you.
I hear a lot of smoke but no guarantees. You saying the Dolphins will hire Harbaugh as their HC?
No guarantee that they will hire him but they will go after him.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Wonder if Kirby Smart could be a surprise candidate. His defense is built to slow down modern offenses and just won the national title. Slim chance, but maybe a dark horse.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:37 am Wonder if Kirby Smart could be a surprise candidate. His defense is built to slow down modern offenses and just won the national title. Slim chance, but maybe a dark horse.
His defense is built off having better athletes all over the field. He won't have that luxury in the NFL. He doesn't do anything conceptually that isn't done at the NFL level. He prides himself on having a relatively small defensive playbook and ask his athletes to adjust after the snap.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:36 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:12 am

I hear a lot of smoke but no guarantees. You saying the Dolphins will hire Harbaugh as their HC?
Did you miss the part where Ross said he wouldn’t be the guy to take Harbaugh from Michigan?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Would anyone be happy with Pederson as a HC here?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

BJJ34 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:24 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:36 am

Did you miss the part where Ross said he wouldn’t be the guy to take Harbaugh from Michigan?
Scroll up and read what I said about that.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:44 pm
Bills fans will be excited about that. They seem to like him about as much as we like Lefty.
Dread

Post by Dread »

13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:07 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:44 pm
Bills fans will be excited about that. They seem to like him about as much as we like Lefty.
Just shows how irrational fanbases are. Josh Allen was a project of a QB prospect many thought would be a bust, instead he's quickly developed in to an elite NFL QB whose got better each season. Daboll was there day 1 when Allen was drafted.

Unlike Leftwich/Tampa where the Head Coach has an offensive background (not to mention a QB who knows more about NFL offense than most coaches do), the Bills have Sean McDermott who comes from the defensive side of the ball (Ron Rivera's old DC in Carolina) so whatever coaching influence played a role in Josh Allen's development should be mostly given to Daboll.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Dread wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:30 pm

Just shows how irrational fanbases are. Josh Allen was a project of a QB prospect many thought would be a bust, instead he's quickly developed in to an elite NFL QB whose got better each season. Daboll was there day 1 when Allen was drafted.

Unlike Leftwich/Tampa where the Head Coach has an offensive background (not to mention a QB who knows more about NFL offense than most coaches do), the Bills have Sean McDermott who comes from the defensive side of the ball (Ron Rivera's old DC in Carolina) so whatever coaching influence played a role in Josh Allen's development should be mostly given to Daboll.
Agreed.
Dread

Post by Dread »

There is an interesting narrative being promoted in the media about Brain Flores and Deshawn Watson.

Apparently it's being reported that the Watson trade rumors to Miami had alot to do with Watson viewing Flores every favorably and thus being open to be traded there (Watson has a no-trade clause in his deal and stated he would waive it for Miami)

With Flores on the open market I'm curious if the Texans try to mend the Watson relationship by hiring Flores as HC?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:30 pm

We all know about irrational fanbases. Super Bowl winning team, top 5 in both offense and defense, tied for the best record in football, and fans want to get rid of both because.........Who knows.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 2:46 pm There is an interesting narrative being promoted in the media about Brain Flores and Deshawn Watson.

Apparently it's being reported that the Watson trade rumors to Miami had alot to do with Watson viewing Flores every favorably and thus being open to be traded there (Watson has a no-trade clause in his deal and stated he would waive it for Miami)

With Flores on the open market I'm curious if the Texans try to mend the Watson relationship by hiring Flores as HC?
Of the teams without a coach, what's a city they could collaborate in? Not Chicago unless they pull a Josh Rosen with Justin Fields. Denver is really the only city with a need at both positions. Vegas is another one. Carr has 1 unguaranteed year left on his deal.

Would be interesting to say the least.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Not so fast!

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Giants fans must be happy. Judge was a fucking clown and had no business being a HC.

Personally I think the Giants job is pretty attractive. They have a decent roster, just massively under achieving and they need a new QB.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Wow! I didn’t think the Giants would go through with it. This is Christmas for Giants fans.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

That was an odd hire to begin with. A special teams coordinator for 4 years, 1 year as WR coach. He must talk a hell of a good talk because from the start I never saw the potential.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 pm Giants fans must be happy. Judge was a fucking clown and had no business being a HC.

Personally I think the Giants job is pretty attractive. They have a decent roster, just massively under achieving and they need a new QB.
And they have the fifth and seventh overall picks this year.

While their cap space is ugly, it's still a job that is attractive for those reasons. They have solid pieces here and there, just need to bring it all together.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

They realized how unappetizing the GM job was with keeping Judge and decided to part ways. Only thing that makes logical sense.

Daniel Jones may go down as one of the worst top 10 picks of all time, and he managed to beat us… in our place.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:03 am Flores getting fired is a joke. I'm not normally a fan of "one-hop" retreads but I'd be giving him a call if I needed a coach.

The Giants apparently wanted to break their cycle of "two and done" head coaches, but Judge is a clown. Is ownership really looking at the Daniel Jones/Joe Judge combo and seeing a Superbowl at any point in their future?
Because the last Miami HC who was a "one-hop" retread was such a great decision for the Jets. I don't like any "one-hop." Maybe some time to reflect on what you could have done better instead of going into re-evaluating a whole team for free agency and the draft.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:19 pm
ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:44 pm Giants fans must be happy. Judge was a fucking clown and had no business being a HC.

While their cap space is ugly, it's still a job that is attractive for those reasons. They have solid pieces here and there, just need to bring it all together.
Maybe I'm underrating the roster, but beyond Saquon and Andrew Thomas, where are these solid pieces? That roster looks terrible.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:53 pm

Maybe I'm underrating the roster, but beyond Saquon and Andrew Thomas, where are these solid pieces? That roster looks terrible.
I don't even know if Saquon is a solid piece anymore. He had no game rushing over 5.0 yards and Fournette!!! had 4 games and people on this board still wanted ROJO in.

Looking at this roster, you have to wonder if it was just Danny Dimes. I mean on paper there seems to be talent as receivers. Kenny Golladay, Sterling Sharp, a young John Ross, and Evan Engram.
Dread

Post by Dread »

They are strong along the defensive interior with Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence. James Bradberry is a solid CB and Jabril Peppers is good at Safety. Overall that secondary has some decent pieces.

They lack an edge rush and athleticism at off-ball LB on defense.

Offensively they lack Oline. Andrew Thomas is a good NFL Tackle, but no better than the 3 other Tackles drafted after him including Wirfs at 13ths overall.

Oline has been a weakness. Will Hernandez sucks, so do the rest.

They have skill position dudes in Saquan, Golladay, Shepard, Toney, and even Ross. Not sure if Ingram will be back.

I'm sure the roster will be different in 2022, but give Danny Dimes and Saquan the 2022 season with some reinforcements along the Oline and Egde rush. Maybe one each with those two top 7 overall picks they have. Supplement what you can in free agency.

The Giants should be tough vs the run with those dudes in the middle of that Dline. The secondary is capable. They should have the playmakers to score points if Saquan can stay healthy with a decent Oline.

Giants just haven't put it together(to say the least), but like many NFL teams they aren't far off from contending for a playoff spot in 2022
MJW

Post by MJW »

Before I come in to interview for that job, I want to know what my options are with Daniel Jones. They're never winning anything with him at QB. I want to know if one of the top QBs (presumably Pickett and Corral) is in play with one of those two picks. I want to know if a trade is an option. So on and so forth. I also want to know if I can shop Barkley. He's coming up on his 5th year season and I want to know what my options. You never know what ownership will say about the guy on the program.

There are a few good building blocks on the roster, but this team is closer to the beginning of a rebuild than the end of one.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:52 pm
MJW wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:03 am Flores getting fired is a joke. I'm not normally a fan of "one-hop" retreads but I'd be giving him a call if I needed a coach.

The Giants apparently wanted to break their cycle of "two and done" head coaches, but Judge is a clown. Is ownership really looking at the Daniel Jones/Joe Judge combo and seeing a Superbowl at any point in their future?
Because the last Miami HC who was a "one-hop" retread was such a great decision for the Jets. I don't like any "one-hop." Maybe some time to reflect on what you could have done better instead of going into re-evaluating a whole team for free agency and the draft.
Brian Flores is not Adam Gase. He didn't deserve to lose his job.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:00 pm

They are strong along the defensive interior with Leonard Williams and Dexter Lawrence. James Bradberry is a solid CB and Jabril Peppers is good at Safety. Overall that secondary has some decent pieces.

They lack an edge rush and athleticism at off-ball LB on defense.

Offensively they lack Oline. Andrew Thomas is a good NFL Tackle, but no better than the 3 other Tackles drafted after him including Wirfs at 13ths overall.

Oline has been a weakness. Will Hernandez sucks, so do the rest.

They have skill position dudes in Saquan, Golladay, Shepard, Toney, and even Ross. Not sure if Ingram will be back.

I'm sure the roster will be different in 2022, but give Danny Dimes and Saquan the 2022 season with some reinforcements along the Oline and Egde rush. Maybe one each with those two top 7 overall picks they have. Supplement what you can in free agency.

The Giants should be tough vs the run with those dudes in the middle of that Dline. The secondary is capable. They should have the playmakers to score points if Saquan can stay healthy with a decent Oline.

Giants just haven't put it together(to say the least), but like many NFL teams they aren't far off from contending for a playoff spot in 2022
I mean they have guys. None of which I’d call players you build around. The best of the bunch has been hit with injuries over the last 3 years of his 4 year career. The others make up a….decent-ish supporting cast.

This team needs a rebuild. Mara & Tisch would be best served to find a GM/HC combo for the long term who will build this roster from the ground up. Give them match 5-7 year deals and get the hell out of the way. More importantly, they need to go outside of their organization. Not-so-fun fact: the last time they hired a GM outside of the organization was 1979. Every GM since has been promoted from within the organization. Their last GM, Dave Gettleman, was hired based off of a recommendation from their GM that retired in 2007, Ernie Acccorsi. You should not be getting recommendations on your team hires from a guy who was once general manager of the Baltimore Colts.

A team that lost 6 straight games by double digits to end the year is no where near contending for a playoff spot next year. Don’t buy it. They would be kicking the can down the road if they tried to fool themselves into believing they are ready to compete with Dallas, Philly or Washington.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:29 pm
Not-so-fun fact: the last time they hired a GM outside of the organization was 1979. Every GM since has been promoted from within the organization. Their last GM, Dave Gettleman
Yeah, about him. He was named GM in 2018. What was his position with the Giants in 2017?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:20 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:29 pm
Not-so-fun fact: the last time they hired a GM outside of the organization was 1979. Every GM since has been promoted from within the organization. Their last GM, Dave Gettleman
Yeah, about him. He was named GM in 2018. What was his position with the Giants in 2017?
Gettleman doesn't exactly fit the pipeline of that model. But he spent 14 years in the Giants organization prior to his short stint as Panthers GM. So while not a direct promotion, he cut his teeth in the Giants organization.