Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Primeminister

Re: Antonio Brown Saga

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:47 pm How many NFL players at a given time have an injury that is worthy of orthopedic surgery?
On the team or one specific position group?
King Bootz

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:44 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:42 pm

Yep. An injury settlement corroborate ABs story almost 100% and makes Arians look like the liar AB just called him here.

Hate to say it, but the Bucs botched this big time themselves.
Which part was botched? Are you referring to signing him or postgame comments or something else?
Overall they probably shouldn't have signed him. But they did overall. Reaped the benefits last year, good for them.

But Arians saying he didn't know AB was injured. The team holding on to him despite a diagnosis which is very easy to find out. They haven't handled this situation well at all. Think about it. You don't go on National TV and say "he's no longer a Buc" but keep him 3 days later because you fear he'll sign elsewhere. After that spektical on the field team is touching him. Plus if his ankle is that bad he'd never pass a physical to sign elsewhere. Like I said, they can't cut him because of the CBA protecting injured players. They know he's injured but they can't acknowledge it.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:48 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:47 pm How many NFL players at a given time have an injury that is worthy of orthopedic surgery?
Kind of a rhetorical question. I mean all NFL players are hurt at this point. Hurt versus injured, we always talk about this. Antonio’s attorneys referenced his injury an MRI. I just think you could take an MRI of any player at this point and probably find similar issues in certain body parts. Maybe not that extreme. But I hope you get my point
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

If any part of this statement is true, they have only 1 option. And unfortunately that 1 option makes BA look like a liar.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:50 pm

Kind of a rhetorical question. I mean all NFL players are hurt at this point. Hurt versus injured, we always talk about this. Antonio’s attorneys referenced his injury an MRI. I just think you could take an MRI of any player at this point and probably find similar issues in certain body parts. Maybe not that extreme. But I hope you get my point
That would take more than an opinionated analysis of NFL players and the injuries they play through. Most players aren't playing on injuries that require an orthopedic surgeon. You might have some type of data but it's doubtful.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:49 pm
Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:44 pm

Which part was botched? Are you referring to signing him or postgame comments or something else?
Overall they probably shouldn't have signed him. But they did overall. Reaped the benefits last year, good for them.

But Arians saying he didn't know AB was injured. The team holding on to him despite a diagnosis which is very easy to find out. They haven't handled this situation well at all. Think about it. You don't go on National TV and say "he's no longer a Buc" but keep him 3 days later because you fear he'll sign elsewhere. After that spektical on the field team is touching him. Plus if his ankle is that bad he'd never pass a physical to sign elsewhere. Like I said, they can't cut him because of the CBA protecting injured players. They know he's injured but they can't acknowledge it.
Arians never said he didn’t know AB was hurt. He said AB never mentioned his ankle as the reason he wasn’t going in. That’s a critical distinction that is being lost on Twitter. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it, but I’m pretty sure I’m correct here.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So does Arians face repercussions if he tried to force a known injured player on the field and then cut him when he didn't comply?

This is all really fucking bizarre. I don't know who or what to believe. AB has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt but the things he said are easily verifiable so I'm not sure why his attorney would let him make this statement if what he doesn't have some sort of proof.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:55 pm

Arians never said he didn’t know AB was hurt. He said AB never mentioned his ankle as the reason he wasn’t going in. That’s a critical distinction that is being lost on Twitter. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it, but I’m pretty sure I’m correct here.
No, BA said clearly in his PC that he wasn't aware of him being hurt and also that he never told him to leave. That wasn't on Twitter. It's on the Buccaneers website.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:56 pm So does Arians face repercussions if he tried to force a known injured player on the field and then cut him when he didn't comply?

This is all really fucking bizarre. I don't know who or what to believe. AB has done nothing to earn the benefit of the doubt but the things he said are easily verifiable so I'm not sure why his attorney would let him make this statement if what he doesn't have some sort of proof.
You actually believe AB? I don’t believe him for a second. I believe AB was pissed about targets, refused to play, Arians told him “You’re done”, AB spazzes out publicly and later comes up with a haphazard cover story.

His disgruntled exchange with Brady was about Brady going “back to his boy [Gronk]”. That disagreement led to this bullshit.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

He was asked if Brown was injured and he responded.."I don't know that he was"
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:58 pm

No, BA said clearly in his PC that he wasn't aware of him being hurt and also that he never told him to leave. That wasn't on Twitter. It's on the Buccaneers website.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:59 pm
ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:56 pm So does Arians face repercussions if he tried to force a known injured player on the field and then cut him when he didn't comply?

You actually believe AB? I don’t believe him for a second. I believe AB was pissed about targets, refused to play, Arians told him “You’re done”, AB spazzes out publicly and later comes up with a haphazard cover story.

His disgruntled exchange with Brady was about Brady going “back to his boy [Gronk]”. That disagreement led to this bullshit.
That may be true, but he is hurt and can likely show that. It's going to be a difficult thing to prove, but Evans was right there. I can't imagine he'd lie either way.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I think multiple things can be true simultaneously.

1. Bruce Arians is an old-school guy who expects players to play hurt. He probably thought Antonio Brown was pulling some bullshit. Antonio is actually injured.
2. Antonio Brown maybe could’ve played. But did not want to risk further injury. Because he knows his body.
3. Antonio Brown freaked out. Confirming suspicions about him being a loose cannon. Not that they were really suspicions.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:00 pm

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:59 pm

He was asked if Brown was injured and he responded.."I don't know that he was"
Correct. Then Jenna Laine asked a follow up at the end that allowed Arians to clarify. He did not know AB was injured in that moment and refusing to play due to injury. He then said that players who are injured speak to the trainer who tells the coach that player is out.

Arians knew AB was hurt the same way he knew Evans was hurt, but he was not told AB is not playing due to injury.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:59 pm

No. I never said I believed him. I said it's all bizarre and I don't know who to believe but AB hasn't done anything to earn the benefit of the doubt

I'm leaning towards this being bullshit but I'm interested to see where the verifiable facts take this story

Either way, what a big bunch of drama to end the season with
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Even Greg there would admit he's playing semantics there. But assume everything there is true. AB didn't practice Thursday and Friday because he "tweaked" his ankle in practice and according to Arians last week, they hoped he could go. He's not ignorant enough to believe that the ankle being an issue on game day is out of the realm of possibility.

I'm not defending AB here, but I am a bit surprised with your aggressive attempt to defend BA here using the horse blinders argument.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Check the full video and Jenna’s follow up at the 9 minute mark.

uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Even if it's bullshit, AB seems to be winning in the court of public opinion on social media, which is wild to me.

I dont really care if no one is suspended this year and we win...
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:00 pm I think multiple things can be true simultaneously.

1. Bruce Arians is an old-school guy who expects players to play hurt. He probably thought Antonio Brown was pulling some bullshit. Antonio is actually injured.
2. Antonio Brown maybe could’ve played. But did not want to risk further injury. Because he knows his body.
3. Antonio Brown freaked out. Confirming suspicions about him being a loose cannon. Not that they were really suspicions.
Knowing what we know and Knowing the Bucs response to the situation, all 3 are probably the truth here. That a 33 year old WR with a deltoid sprain re-aggrevated the injury shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Not even the head coach who routinely reports injuries incorrectly.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:04 pm

Even Greg there would admit he's playing semantics there. But assume everything there is true. AB didn't practice Thursday and Friday because he "tweaked" his ankle in practice and according to Arians last week, they hoped he could go. He's not ignorant enough to believe that the ankle being an issue on game day is out of the realm of possibility.

I'm not defending AB here, but I am a bit surprised with your aggressive attempt to defend BA here using the horse blinders argument.
Check my reply to Usc above. It should apply here. I don’t believe AB told Arians any version of “I can’t play because of my ankle” then was cut. I believe he was told he is done for the day and flipped out.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:06 pm Even if it's bullshit, AB seems to be winning in the court of public opinion on social media, which is wild to me.

That's what it boils down to. Just win. I had a sneaky feeling that the longer we held on to him, the more drama we'd bring to the situation. And here we are on a Wednesday night.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:06 pm Even if it's bullshit, AB seems to be winning in the court of public opinion on social media, which is wild to me.

Yep. The public opinion believes AB. The Bucs have to do better PR here. They’ll have to do it without attacking AB somehow.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:08 pm

That's what it boils down to. Just win. I had a sneaky feeling that the longer we held on to him, the more drama we'd bring to the situation. And here we are on a Wednesday night.
On this we agree 100% bro. I know they were trying figure out the best way to release him or whatever, but the longer he is on this team the worse this gets in the PR space.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:07 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:04 pm

Check my reply to Usc above. It should apply here. I don’t believe AB told Arians any version of “I can’t play because of my ankle” then was cut. I believe he was told he is done for the day and flipped out.
That's stuff I'm not getting into. You're entitled to believe whatever version of the story you'd like to.

Just looking at the facts and what did occur, certain things make sense. If a player has an episode publicly like AB did, 99% of teams aren't keeping them on the roster 3 days later. That player is getting waived Monday at the latest. I don't personally buy this narrative that they think he'll sign elsewhere. I don't even buy this narrative that they're looking to suspend him. But again, an injury settlement corroborates his story and makes BA look like a liar, no matter how badly you want to play semantics.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

If we lose this team is likely breaking up anyway...May as well be in a completely Buc life way that will go down in NFL history.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bruce Arians and Antonio Brown are similar in some respects. Though this might be the first time Bruce’s IDGAF mentality has come off looking bad while in TB. Unless I’m forgetting something.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:12 pm
Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:07 pm

That's stuff I'm not getting into. You're entitled to believe whatever version of the story you'd like to.

Just looking at the facts and what did occur, certain things make sense. If a player has an episode publicly like AB did, 99% of teams aren't keeping them on the roster 3 days later. That player is getting waived Monday at the latest. I don't personally buy this narrative that they think he'll sign elsewhere. I don't even buy this narrative that they're looking to suspend him. But again, an injury settlement corroborates his story and makes BA look like a liar, no matter how badly you want to play semantics.
Also BA could have said he's cut and Licht informed him that he can't be cut because of said injury.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:14 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:12 pm

Also BA could have said he's cut and Licht informed him that he can't be cut because of said injury.
Exactly what I thought. Bruce talked too fast. I respect the desire to cute him ASAP, but you can’t with that injury.

If I’m the Bucs I push this all the way if necessary. Unless the staff screwed up in some way.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

We are talking about the same guy who was suspended for being a liar right?
Is there any footage of AB going to a Trainer after an offensive play?
Did AB go into the famous injury tent?
Is there film of him pulling up injured after a play?
How many of his teammates have already mentioned the word "compassion", "support"; as if AB is not mentally healthy.
Is this the same guy who intentionally got himself cut from the Raiders who would have paid him Millions?
Is this the same guy who doesn't like to pay people for services they perform for his benefit?
Is this the same guy who threatens women?
Is this the same guy who loses his #$%@ in a press conference when asked about his Coach supporting him?

Yes, this is the same guy.......
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:08 pm

Yep. The public opinion believes AB. The Bucs have to do better PR here. They’ll have to do it without attacking AB somehow.
The Bucs have no one to blame but themselves.

If I'm the Bucs PR, BA takes the yolk on the face here. His proclamations that "he's no longer a Buc" and "I didn't know he was hurt in that specific moment" were premature and he's looking more and more like a liar on both fronts. Jason Licht has likely been trying his hardest to navigate this situation.

I could be wrong but if I had to guess, AB is going to get a settlement larger than the incentive money he missed out on.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:15 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:14 pm

Exactly what I thought. Bruce talked too fast. I respect the desire to cute him ASAP, but you can’t with that injury.

If I’m the Bucs I push this all the way if necessary. Unless the staff screwed up in some way.
Now you see what I mean when I say the Bucs botched this situation.
Snake

Post by Snake »

This is a weird one. I don’t care too much overall because both will go down in history as champions for our Buccaneers. It’s fun to talk about though.

I also don’t know if shit like the injury tent even apply here. There’s a long chain of evidence that Brown’s ankle is fucked up. As recently as a few days before the game. If a 33-year-old Hall of Fame wide receiver tells you he can’t go, you just have to take his word.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Regardless of what is true BA being BA and AB being AB lead to this. That's 100% the story...
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:13 pm Bruce Arians and Antonio Brown are similar in some respects. Though this might be the first time Bruce’s IDGAF mentality has come off looking bad while in TB. Unless I’m forgetting something.
All of the times he threw everyone else under the bus to defend Jameis and his 30 INTs. Maybe not the same situation but you get it.