NFL MVP Predictions

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

MVP will be..

Tom Brady
56%
Cooper Kupp
7%
Aaron Rodgers
23%
Matthew Stafford
5%
Johnathan Taylor
9%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 43

King Bootz

Re: NFL MVP Predictions

Post by King Bootz »

Xandtar wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:46 pm Last year they got Burrow his weapon.

This year they have to get Burrow his shield, OL remains suspect.

As an LSU alum, I'll take Burrow because he's already proven what he can do with a crappy team, give him even one weapon and even with a crappy line he wins his division. Maybe Mahomes would have done just as well, but QB is mental, not just physical, and when the chips were down this season Mahomes didn't look so good to me. He did battle back, though.
Burrow went to a pretty good situation. Tyler Boyd, Joe Mixon, Jonah Williams, CJ Uzama were already in place when he was a rookie. They added Higgins along with Burrow in 2020. Jamar Chase was icing on top of the cake. A ton of icing.

He's arguably had more talent to work with than any other young QB in recent memory. That's an impressive group of young skills players. There has never been a time where he's working with 1 weapon.
Snake

Post by Snake »

It’s all about the o-line. Always is.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

If I DON'T FUCK WITH YOU was a person
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:39 pm A month ago today the Bengals were 7-6 and had gotten their ass kicked by the Chargers 41-22. Burrow at that time had 23 TDs to 14 INTs. He rise has been fast but he has not been a consistent force throughout the entire season.

He's been amazing the last 2 games. Completing 79% of his passes, 8 TDs to 0 INTs, 971 yards and 2 wins.

The fact that he's even in the MVP conversation goes back to my position about this being a "who's my favorite QB right now" award. There are numerous games the Bengals lost because of his poor play and decision making. I think he's a very talented kid but he has no business in the MVP conversation.
Four losses by a field goal, one of which is a game the Bengal's kicker missed two field goals that would have one the game (one late in the 4th, the other in overtime), another overtime loss to the 49ers after the Bengal's scored first in OT. One loss to the Browns where the Browns had three scoring plays of 60+ yards (one a 99 yard int on a nice play by Ward). He's the most sacked QB in the league due to his terrible o-line and doesn't get a lot of help from his defense (20th in takeaways, 17th in points, 18th in yards, 27th against the pass). This season, the only game I'd outright pin on him would be the Chicago loss in week 2 when he threw interceptions on three straight drives.

Remember, he suffered a pretty major knee injury in late November 2020. They were unsure if he'd be able to start this season after tearing his ACL, MCL and doing structural damage to the cartilage. Half of his INTs were in the first six weeks and over a quarter of them happened in the first three games. In December of 2020, there was talk he might not play until midway through this season though his surgeon said he thought it was possible for him to play week 1 - which he did.

Burrow's not a recency bias pick, he's the pick of some who've actually paid attention to his play beyond the last couple of weeks.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Pirate Life wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:25 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:39 pm A month ago today the Bengals were 7-6 and had gotten their ass kicked by the Chargers 41-22. Burrow at that time had 23 TDs to 14 INTs. He rise has been fast but he has not been a consistent force throughout the entire season.

He's been amazing the last 2 games. Completing 79% of his passes, 8 TDs to 0 INTs, 971 yards and 2 wins.

The fact that he's even in the MVP conversation goes back to my position about this being a "who's my favorite QB right now" award. There are numerous games the Bengals lost because of his poor play and decision making. I think he's a very talented kid but he has no business in the MVP conversation.
Four losses by a field goal, one of which is a game the Bengal's kicker missed two field goals that would have one the game (one late in the 4th, the other in overtime), another overtime loss to the 49ers after the Bengal's scored first in OT. One loss to the Browns where the Browns had three scoring plays of 60+ yards (one a 99 yard int on a nice play by Ward). He's the most sacked QB in the league due to his terrible o-line and doesn't get a lot of help from his defense (20th in takeaways, 17th in points, 18th in yards, 27th against the pass). This season, the only game I'd outright pin on him would be the Chicago loss in week 2 when he threw interceptions on three straight drives.

Remember, he suffered a pretty major knee injury in late November 2020. They were unsure if he'd be able to start this season after tearing his ACL, MCL and doing structural damage to the cartilage. Half of his INTs were in the first six weeks and over a quarter of them happened in the first three games. In December of 2020, there was talk he might not play until midway through this season though his surgeon said he thought it was possible for him to play week 1 - which he did.

Burrow's not a recency bias pick, he's the pick of some who've actually paid attention to his play beyond the last couple of weeks.
Being a good QB is a legit talking point, even before his last 2 games. He's been elite most of the season, but not MVP. The entire season, regardless of circumstances are weighed. He's just not there with Rodgers or Brady for many and the odds say most people.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

You're probably right... I have Covid, not thinking too clearly. sigh.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Please tell me you're posting with a mask.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

"Xan is so dirty!"

-@ATrain
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:39 pm
Pirate Life wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 5:25 pm

Being a good QB is a legit talking point, even before his last 2 games. He's been elite most of the season, but not MVP. The entire season, regardless of circumstances are weighed. He's just not there with Rodgers or Brady for many and the odds say most people.
I don't think he's the MVP and never claimed he should be considered. Just don't agree with Bootz' bad take of people are only talking about him because of the last two games. For me, MVP is either Watt or Cupp. But it's not going to go to either one of them.

For what it's worth, using a baseball-style WAR ranking, Burrow is #2 behind Brady for the season as per PFF. That includes all players at all positions. Rodgers is 6th.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Pirate Life wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:29 pm
I don't think he's the MVP and never claimed he should be considered. Just don't agree with Bootz' bad take of people are only talking about him because of the last two games. For me, MVP is either Watt or Cupp. But it's not going to go to either one of them.

For what it's worth, using a baseball-style WAR ranking, Burrow is #2 behind Brady for the season as per PFF. That includes all players at all positions. Rodgers is 6th.
That's worth little. They said they deducted points from Rodgers because he missed a game due to Covid. That's invalidates it to me.

PFF says that Donald is hands down more deserving than Watt. Should that change your choice? No, it's just a datapoint and not one relevant to the MVP, which is what Bootz was referring to.

Kupp isn't in my top 5 as Stafford is more valuable to that team, especially with OBJ now.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

It's not a bad take. MVPs are ALWAYS going to come from playoff teams. Always. That's the difference in Burrow getting more attention on the MVP front and someone like Justin Herbert, who has similar numbers, not getting attention.

A month ago they were not a playoff team. Looked nothing like one. A month ago Burrow led the league in INTs. Still tied for 3rd.

A month ago, Burrow was 9th or 10th in WAR. He's moved up over the last 2 weeks.

A month ago there was no Joe Burrow conversation.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:45 pm

It's not a bad take. MVPs are ALWAYS going to come from playoff teams. Always. That's the difference in Burrow getting more attention on the MVP front and someone like Justin Herbert, who has similar numbers, not getting attention.

A month ago they were not a playoff team. Looked nothing like one. A month ago Burrow led the league in INTs. Still tied for 3rd.

A month ago, Burrow was 9th or 10th in WAR. He's moved up over the last 2 weeks.

Why do you hate white QBs?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:48 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:45 pm

Same reason you hate black people.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'd love for it to be JT, but let's be real, it's so obviously going to be a QB.... likely Brady. So that's neat.
Snake

Post by Snake »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:01 pm
Because they don’t tip?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:40 pm

Because they don’t tip?
Interesting reason for you to hate black people.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:29 pm
Wow, Aaron seems a bit testy in that clip. It feels like Aaron had his little snowflake feelings hurt. Dude, you made a decision. You lied to people. You need to take your big boy consequences and deal with them.

Now, do I think that being a conceited unvaccinated prick should preclude Rodgers from being the MVP? No. Do I think he is the MVP this season? No.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Aaron is sensitive. He still makes good points.
Dread

Post by Dread »

13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:26 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:29 pm
Wow, Aaron seems a bit testy in that clip. It feels like Aaron had his little snowflake feelings hurt. Dude, you made a decision. You lied to people. You need to take your big boy consequences and deal with them.

Now, do I think that being a conceited unvaccinated prick should preclude Rodgers from being the MVP? No. Do I think he is the MVP this season? No.
Why do you use "unvaccinated" as a pejorative?
Dread

Post by Dread »

I'm not the one with an irrational dislike of QBs based on race. Nor do I blindly defend QBs based on race.

You do both, constantly... If there is any consistent behavior of yours other than shitposting 20+ times per day it's your default position on QBs based on race alone
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

@Dread Given that he has claimed that he has an allergy to the vaccine it should not be a pejorative. So, perhaps, I should rephrase it to a conceited dishonest prick.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:07 pm

I'm not the one with an irrational dislike of QBs based on race. Nor do I blindly defend QBs based on race.

You do both, constantly... If there is any consistent behavior of yours other than shitposting 20+ times per day it's your default position on QBs based on race alone
Nor do I despite what you say. I don’t judge QBs based off of their race. However you do show your blatant disdain for black people, not just black QBs, but black people constantly and unapologetically. So if you want to have a discussion about race, let’s start there with your hate for black people.
Dread

Post by Dread »

13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:11 pm @Dread Given that he has claimed that he has an allergy to the vaccine it should not be a pejorative. So, perhaps, I should rephrase it to a conceited dishonest prick.
Rodgers was certainly misleading with his comments. But if you can't understand why (even if you disagree) he would be then you aren't paying attention.

If someone doesn't have an allergy to the Covid vaccines, or some other reason that meets your acceptance standard, do you feel it justifies demeaning them? As if they are some kind of "other" based on a decision they make for themselves?

Or are you one of those that still thinks unvaccinated people are affecting you?
Last edited by Dread on Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:14 pm
Dread wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:07 pm

Nor do I despite what you say. I don’t judge QBs based off of their race. However you do show your blatant disdain for black people, not just black QBs, but black people constantly and unapologetically. So if you want to have a discussion about race, let’s start there with your hate for black people.
Can you cite examples to support your claim? Or is this just a bigotry of the low expectations you have for people like yourself?

Because there is years of your idiocy in this community when it comes to Luck, Stafford, and now Burrow. At the same time you simped for Cam Newton when the rest of the world (including the franchise that drafted him) knew he wasn't a good QB anymore.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:55 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:14 pm

Can you cite examples to support your claim? Or is this just a bigotry of the low expectations you have for people like yourself?

Because there is years of your idiocy in this community when it comes to Luck, Stafford, and now Burrow. At the same time you simped for Cam Newton when the rest of the world (including the franchise that drafted him) knew he wasn't a good QB anymore.
I can site the same examples as you when it comes to race relations and me being bias against white QBs. So when you start posting this damning bigotry, I'll follow. You opened the drawer here now fill it up.

For the record, you're saying I hate Joe Burrow because he's white because I don't think he's had an MVP season overall, right?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Dread wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:48 pm
13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:11 pm @Dread Given that he has claimed that he has an allergy to the vaccine it should not be a pejorative. So, perhaps, I should rephrase it to a conceited dishonest prick.
Rodgers was certainly misleading with his comments. But if you can't understand why (even if you disagree) he would be then you aren't paying attention.

If someone doesn't have an allergy to the Covid vaccines, or some other reason that meets your acceptance standard, do you feel it justifies demeaning them? As if they are some kind of "other" based on a decision they make for themselves?

Or are you one of those that still thinks unvaccinated people are affecting you?
I do not care what his reason is for not getting the vaccine. The issue is that he was not honest about it and he did not follow protocols. If he had just said that he did not want to be vaccinated and followed the protocols for not being vaccinated I would respect his decision.

Do I think unvaccinated people affect other people? Yes, I do. In the same way, a person who chooses to smoke does. In the same way, a person who drives while drunk does. In the same way, a conscientious objector affects the war effort. It is not a direct effect. It is an indirect effect. There are people who are unable to get surgeries right now due to unvaccinated covid patients taking up bed space and the strain on medical professionals.
MJW

Post by MJW »

13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:07 pm
Dread wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:48 pm

I do not care what his reason is for not getting the vaccine. The issue is that he was not honest about it and he did not follow protocols. If he had just said that he did not want to be vaccinated and followed the protocols for not being vaccinated I would respect his decision.

Do I think unvaccinated people affect other people? Yes, I do. In the same way, a person who chooses to smoke does. In the same way, a person who drives while drunk does. In the same way, a conscientious objector affects the war effort. It is not a direct effect. It is an indirect effect. There are people who are unable to get surgeries right now due to unvaccinated covid patients taking up bed space and the strain on medical professionals.
Ahhhh, since the "Get vaccinated so you don't spread Covid" angle has been thoroughly debunked, we've moved to, "Get vaccinated because you might use hospital resources someone else could need" as the talking point.

First off, you know who's really wasting hospital resources? Idiots who've been convinced by scummy politicians they should get constant Covid tests even though they're not sick. Imagine being so inconsiderate that you waste the medical community's time even though you feel fine.

Second off, talk to me when we start denying awards consideration to fat players and smokers. Hell, Earl Campbell was a chain smoker. When you see his highlights, do you need a safe space over all the medical resources he probably wasted?

Finally, Aaron Rodgers's professional dealings with the Packers and the league are their business. But he doesn't owe YOU or the media or Hub Arkash or anyone else a goddamn thing, including honesty.

Other than that, great points. Oh, shoot, I was just dishonest with you. I guess I'm not going to be MVP now either.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

MJW wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:52 am
13F11B wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:07 pm

Ahhhh, since the "Get vaccinated so you don't spread Covid" angle has been thoroughly debunked, we've moved to, "Get vaccinated because you might use hospital resources someone else could need" as the talking point.

First off, you know who's really wasting hospital resources? Idiots who've been convinced by scummy politicians they should get constant Covid tests even though they're not sick. Imagine being so inconsiderate that you waste the medical community's time even though you feel fine.

Second off, talk to me when we start denying awards consideration to fat players and smokers. Hell, Earl Campbell was a chain smoker. When you see his highlights, do you need a safe space over all the medical resources he probably wasted?

Finally, Aaron Rodgers's professional dealings with the Packers and the league are their business. But he doesn't owe YOU or the media or Hub Arkash or anyone else a goddamn thing, including honesty.

Other than that, great points. Oh, shoot, I was just dishonest with you. I guess I'm not going to be MVP now either.
I am glad you have a different opinion than I do. Since you do not seem interested in an honest discussion and raised points that have been debunked I think the conversation about the issue is over.

As a side note. I am exercising my constitutional right to express my personal opinion that Aaron Rodgers is a self-centered prick.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Pretty detailed statistical breakdown of Rodgers vs Brady.
Snake

Post by Snake »

That’s good stuff thanks for posting
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Each of the last 3 NFL MVPs have led the league in TD%. Where is TD% on this list?
Kress

Post by Kress »

There really weren't enough stats there for you?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Snake

Post by Snake »

That’s a pretty badass statistic
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:19 am There really weren't enough stats there for you?
There were. I'm simply listing the common denominator with the last 3 NFL MVPs, 4 of the last 6 overall. When evaluating an MVP and the differences, I think the 1 stat that has decided 4 of the last 6 winners should be included.