SMB Injury Update

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
13F11B

SMB Injury Update

Post by 13F11B »

I finally see an update on SMBs injury from last night game.

"Fortunately for Murphy-Bunting and the Bucs, the injury does not appear too serious with Bruce Arians saying after the game that the corner suffered a dislocated elbow and indicated that he would be OK."

No update on a timeframe yet, but at least it was not broken.
King Bootz

Re: SMB Injury Update

Post by King Bootz »

Dislocated elbow could still be a 2-4 week type of injury. I assume they'll do an MRI to confirm there's no structural damage.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

He'll be out a few weeks then. Not a nothing injury but we're fortunate all the same that's as far as it went.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:37 am Dislocated elbow could still be a 2-4 week type of injury. I assume they'll do an MRI to confirm there's no structural damage.
Yep that's exactly what will happen. You can fix a dislocated joint easily enough but the consequences of the injury are often greater given the surrounding tissue and ligaments. If it's bad enough, it requires surgery and one has to rule out the need for it before any treatment plan can be implemented.

God that had to hurt like hell.
Dread

Post by Dread »

The Rams game is 9/26, so hopefully 16 days is enough time to where he can put a brace on and play.

Rams have alot of depth at WR and the Bucs will need the full slate of CBs.