2021 NFL Season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
13F11B

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Post by 13F11B »

Selmon Rules wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:33 am
13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:23 pm

Your point was that Flores should be COTY because the Saints have 22 players out with covid and they are playing undisciplined football tonight? What does Flores have to do with that?
After a 1-7 start, it would have been very easy for that team to throw in the towel.... They are now the only team in NFL history to have both a 7 game losing streak and a 7 game winning streak in the same season....

Does that make Flores COTY? I have no idea but he has done a good job this year with that team the way they are playing right now compared to how they were playing at the start of the year....
I think Flores should be in the conversation about what he has done. No question there. I was confused as to what the Saints 22 players out for covid and undisciplined play had to do with Flores though.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:05 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:33 am

After a 1-7 start, it would have been very easy for that team to throw in the towel.... They are now the only team in NFL history to have both a 7 game losing streak and a 7 game winning streak in the same season....

Does that make Flores COTY? I have no idea but he has done a good job this year with that team the way they are playing right now compared to how they were playing at the start of the year....
I think Flores should be in the conversation about what he has done. No question there. I was confused as to what the Saints 22 players out for covid and undisciplined play had to do with Flores though.
The Saints situation had nothing to do with Flores. You were trying to "own" me and you took steps to yet again embarrass yourself by making some false equivalence between Flores and the Saints. Your position would have validation IF the Dolphins and Saints had played in 7 straight games, the Dolphins won all 7 and the Saints had 22 players out due to Covid. But what you missed is that Miami has now won 7 in a row after looking like one of the worst teams in football. That's what you clearly didn't know, kiddo.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:56 am Outside of the Ravens, the last 7 Dolphin's games have all been against awful/non-playoff teams. The Saints were the 2nd best team during that run and had 20 players out, including 3 QBs.
At 1 point in time this season people considered Miami to be one of those awful/non-playoff teams. Can't have it both ways. Winning 7 in a row is impressive no matter who you play
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:11 pm
13F11B wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:05 pm I think Flores should be in the conversation about what he has done. No question there. I was confused as to what the Saints 22 players out for covid and undisciplined play had to do with Flores though.
The Saints situation had nothing to do with Flores.
Glad you finally admit that. Even for you trying to connect the two was stupid.
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:11 pm You were trying to "own" me and you took steps to yet again embarrass yourself by making some false equivalence between Flores and the Saints.
I never made an equivalence between the Saints and Flores. You did. Here to refresh your failing memory is the exchange.
13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:17 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:37 pm How about Miami? They lost to Buffalo on Halloween to fall to 1-7 and haven't lost a game since. Brian Flores has to be in the COTY discussion if they can make the playoffs.
I have not watched any Miami games before this one so I can't compare them. Tua is playing inconsistent ball. Honestly, if the Saints did not have half their team out with covid I suspect Miami would be losing this game. That does not change how undisciplined the Saints look right now though.
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:19 pm This is even more of a validation to the point I made. Flores has done a hell of a job getting this team from 1-7 to 7-7 and knocking on the door of the playoffs.
I made observations. I responded to your question about the Dolphins and made a comment that I think the Saints being down 22 players was likely a bigger difference when the game was 10-3. Then you made some claim about how that was more validation to the point you made.

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:11 pm Your position would have validation IF the Dolphins and Saints had played in 7 straight games, the Dolphins won all 7 and the Saints had 22 players out due to Covid. But what you missed is that Miami has now won 7 in a row after looking like one of the worst teams in football. That's what you clearly didn't know, kiddo.
I knew they had won seven in a row. I just had not watched their games. I made observations and was not staking a position. You are always looking for a fight so you invented some position up in your head. Nice try Pocket Lint.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:49 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:11 pm

The Saints situation had nothing to do with Flores.
Glad you finally admit that. Even for you trying to connect the two was stupid.
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:11 pm You were trying to "own" me and you took steps to yet again embarrass yourself by making some false equivalence between Flores and the Saints.
I never made an equivalence between the Saints and Flores. You did. Here to refresh your failing memory is the exchange.
13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:17 pm

I have not watched any Miami games before this one so I can't compare them. Tua is playing inconsistent ball. Honestly, if the Saints did not have half their team out with covid I suspect Miami would be losing this game. That does not change how undisciplined the Saints look right now though.
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:19 pm This is even more of a validation to the point I made. Flores has done a hell of a job getting this team from 1-7 to 7-7 and knocking on the door of the playoffs.
I made observations. I responded to your question about the Dolphins and made a comment that I think the Saints being down 22 players was likely a bigger difference when the game was 10-3. Then you made some claim about how that was more validation to the point you made.

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:11 pm Your position would have validation IF the Dolphins and Saints had played in 7 straight games, the Dolphins won all 7 and the Saints had 22 players out due to Covid. But what you missed is that Miami has now won 7 in a row after looking like one of the worst teams in football. That's what you clearly didn't know, kiddo.
I knew they had won seven in a row. I just had not watched their games. I made observations and was not staking a position. You are always looking for a fight so you invented some position up in your head. Nice try Pocket Lint.
Then why did you act so stupid if you "understood"? Get a life, kiddo.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:56 pm Then why did you act so stupid if you "understood"? Get a life, kiddo.
Understanding a team won seven straight was never the issue. You trying to connect Flores and the Saints being down 22 players and playing sloppy football was the issue. Despite all your recent posts that still makes no sense and you even admitted that. Stop trying Pocket Lint. You are making an ass of yourself.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

That said, Andy Reid definitely is the lead dog right now. Chiefs started 3-4 and are indefensible since then.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:12 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:56 am Outside of the Ravens, the last 7 Dolphin's games have all been against awful/non-playoff teams. The Saints were the 2nd best team during that run and had 20 players out, including 3 QBs.
At 1 point in time this season people considered Miami to be one of those awful/non-playoff teams. Can't have it both ways. Winning 7 in a row is impressive no matter who you play
I don't think most consider Miami any good, still.

They beat the Jets twice, the Giants, Houston, NO minus most of their team, and Baltimore.

Watching them play, stats, opponents, they aren't a good team. Impressive to win 7 in a row, sure, but no one thinks they are some sort of SB contender.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:30 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 12:12 pm

They beat the Jets twice, the Giants, Houston, NO minus most of their team, and Baltimore.

Watching them play, stats, opponents, they aren't a good team. Impressive to win 7 in a row, sure, but no one thinks they are some sort of SB contender.
Again you're fabricating arguments here. No one said that either. This is simply about winning 7 straight
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:15 pm That said, Andy Reid definitely is the lead dog right now. Chiefs started 3-4 and are indefensible since then.
Shouldn’t Payton get some love. Sure, that whole org is the Antichrist, but he’s been without the (arguable) best WR in the league, a literal revolving door at qb, and even those four qbs are ass, and they’re still a possible playoff teams with wins against 4 playoff teams by at least 9 points all while losing Kamara for 1/4 of the season.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Sean Payton is amazing.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:00 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:15 pm That said, Andy Reid definitely is the lead dog right now. Chiefs started 3-4 and are indefensible since then.
Shouldn’t Payton get some love. Sure, that whole org is the Antichrist, but he’s been without the (arguable) best WR in the league, a literal revolving door at qb, and even those four qbs are ass, and they’re still a possible playoff teams with wins against 4 playoff teams by at least 9 points all while losing Kamara for 1/4 of the season.
He should but they are on the outside looking in.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:42 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:30 pm

Again you're fabricating arguments here. No one said that either. This is simply about winning 7 straight
No, I'm not...He's not coaching a bad team to be great to win coach of the year. They still aren't great, they've had a ridiculously easy run since starting with a difficult schedule.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:12 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:42 pm

No, I'm not...He's not coaching a bad team to be great to win coach of the year. They still aren't great, they've had a ridiculously easy run since starting with a difficult schedule.
So, for Flores to win COTY, he'd have to coach the Dolphins to be great? That's not a good enough reason.

IMO, it's Mike Vrabel who will win the COTY award (unless Belichick gets the Pats to make a run deep into the playoffs).
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

CantonJester wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:27 pm

So, for Flores to win COTY, he'd have to coach the Dolphins to be great? That's not a good enough reason.

IMO, it's Mike Vrabel who will win the COTY award (unless Belichick gets the Pats to make a run deep into the playoffs).
IMO, I don't believe a 7 game run against 5 of the worst teams in the NFL plus a team missing 20-22 starters makes a COY.

I'm not saying that's an absolute.

It's voted on before the playoffs.

Right now the Vegas odds in order are:

LaFluer
Belichick
Reich
Taylor
Vrabel

Flores is 12th from one and tied for 10th in another.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Bruce Arians tests positive for Covid-19
Kona

Post by Kona »

John Madden passes away at age 85. RIP
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So does this mean Evans, Dean, and SMB can play if they just report that they don't have symptoms since no testing will be required?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Kona wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:16 pm John Madden passes away at age 85. RIP
Just saw that…. Damn. RIP
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

ATrain wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:32 pm

So does this mean Evans, Dean, and SMB can play if they just report that they don't have symptoms since no testing will be required?
Maybe.

I don't know about that rule. It incentivizes players to be dishonest about their COVID status, which ultimately puts more players at risk. I fully expect that the overwhelming majority of players will report being asymptomatic after five days, even if they are not.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Cheb wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:03 am
ATrain wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:32 pm

Maybe.

I don't know about that rule. It incentivizes players to be dishonest about their COVID status, which ultimately puts more players at risk. I fully expect that the overwhelming majority of players will report being asymptomatic after five days, even if they are not.
*At risk of league discipline (or whatever you want to call these impromptu paid suspensions). Not at actual risk of physical harm, much less death.

Not sure if that's how you meant it, but I wanted to make that point clear. Bruce Arians, much less Jamel Dean, will be fine (and already are.)
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:15 am

Maybe.

*At risk of league discipline (or whatever you want to call these impromptu paid suspensions). Not at actual risk of physical harm, much less death.

Not sure if that's how you meant it, but I wanted to make that point clear. Bruce Arians, much less Jamel Dean, will be fine (and already are.)

I have this conspiracy feeling where I'm watching money transfer and payouts. Rest assured that I can't figure it out but I highly think somebody is getting some money out of this ugh hum legally.

The government spoon is at work.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 12:15 am

Maybe.

I was speaking purely from a football and team perspective.

Let's say that a team is on a cusp of a playoff spot, and entering the final week of the season their star player X pops positive for COVID on the Monday before their final game. He's got mild symptoms, maybe just a headache and fever and loss of taste. X ain't dying, but he isn't getting better either. Fast-forward to Saturday and the league asks him how he's feeling. He isn't feeling great at all, but he will say that he is fine, because if X is on the field his team's chances of winning increase dramatically and they can make the playoffs.

Let's be optimists and say that X's team wins their final regular season game and they've made the playoffs. But if X has omicron, which is becoming the norm now, the likelihood of him infecting his teammates is very very high. By the time wildcard weekend comes around, X's team is playing backups at multiple key positions because the starters got COVID from X, ultimately because he lied about being asymptomatic. The chances of them winning plummet through the floor.

I envision that most if not all NFL players will make the same decision that X did. Very few if any will say they feel sick after five days, even if they feel like crap, because they have spent their whole football lives toughing it out to get on the field and contribute to their teams. Normally that's virtuous, but in the context of COVID it's shortsighted and ultimately self-defeating.
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

wesmon wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 3:38 pm Image
Nice one Wes...
Snake

Post by Snake »

Will Urban Meyer get all the blame when Lawrence busts?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Snake wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:20 am Will Urban Meyer get all the blame when Lawrence busts?
No.

He’ll have two or three coaches, and given the go around the league treatment… if he busts.

Lawrence will figure it out, but Kenny Pickett will go down as a better pro. (Hot take, calling Freezing Cold Takes on Twitter).
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I thought these awards were based on regular season games, not regular season + playoffs?
Don't tread on me
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

The Vikings get Dalvin Cook back for the Packers game. Given how shitty the Packers are vs the run, combined with how miserably cold the game is going to be, I could see a Vikings upset happening.

There's still a glimmer of hope for the #1 seed...
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:50 am The Vikings get Dalvin Cook back for the Packers game. Given how shitty the Packers are vs the run, combined with how miserably cold the game is going to be, I could see a Vikings upset happening.

Now make a case for the Lions beating the Packers week 18. That's the ONLY way #1 even becomes an idea
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:24 am

I thought these awards were based on regular season games, not regular season + playoffs?
You're right, they vote I believe during the week between week 18 and the Wildcard round.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:56 am
ATrain wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:50 am The Vikings get Dalvin Cook back for the Packers game. Given how shitty the Packers are vs the run, combined with how miserably cold the game is going to be, I could see a Vikings upset happening.

Now make a case for the Lions beating the Packers week 18. That's the ONLY way #1 even becomes an idea
It's the NFL. Weird things happen. Any given Sunday. The Lions are getting paid to play as well. You know, all the things you usually say when the Bucs lose to an inferior opponent.

It's a divisional game and the Lions roster are fully bought in to Dan Campbell and would love nothing more than to play spoiler for the Packers.

The Lions shocked everyone when they blew out the Cardinals.

I wouldn't bet money on it, but the Packers losing two straight isn't out of the question. They BARELY won their last two games as if. Mayfield threw 4 picks and the Packers needed every second of the game to hold on to a narrow 2pt lead. The Ravens are a successful 2pt conversion away from beating the Packers with a backup QB.

As a fan, there's nothing else I can do but hope for the best but prepare for the worst. So that's what I'm doing, hoping for the Packers to lose.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:56 am

Dan Campbell looks to be a helluva coach. Lions have been playing hard for him and have been way more competitive than their record indicates. They’ve been in 6 one score games this year, 7 if you include the tie against the Steelers. While I don’t think they will win, it’s not completely unreasonable.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Both of those would be excellent stories. It's clear both of you are speaking with your hearts and not your heads. The Lions haven't about as good a chance to beat the Packers as the Panthers have of beating us. All of that "playing hard" has amounted to what is still a 2-12-1 team.

It is rather peculiar @ATrain isn't going with his usual "objective truths" gimmick here regarding the Lions/Packers. Then again, he did say we were going to lose to the Jets so maybe Vince got tired of that gimmick and wants to turn him baby face again.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

And this is why Bootz is consistently the most annoying poster on these boards. Throw away comments are taken to the extreme. Or, just stating that there's a glimmer of hope for the #1 seed has to be argued into the ground. Why? No fucking clue.

Which leaves me further confused because I'm not sure how to win on these boards. If I say that there's zero chance we get the #1 seed, then I get "chicken little" posts or "OMG LUGZ is already melting down!". If I say "hey, here's some reasons why we still have a bit of hope", then someone like Bootz swoops in to make an innocuous statement into a debate.

Meh, I'm over it. Moving on. Not going to clog up this post anymore. Argue with the wind if you want.