“Hopefully, I’ll be here a long time,” Brady said

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
kaimaru

“Hopefully, I’ll be here a long time,” Brady said

Post by kaimaru »

Since I am not sure who is on what boards right now, I am double posting a couple of threads I started on Buczone. I am not sure how many haven't migrated over yet.

Choice quotes from a Tampa Bay Times article:

“I can still throw the ball like I’m 24,” Brady said.
“Whatever I thought I was getting into, it’s been so much better,” Brady said. “As good as I could’ve envisioned, it’s been even more enjoyable than that. It’s pretty much a different life than being in the Northeast. I had a great 20 years and I never want to take away from that. Also, this experience has been amazing. (Tampa’s) a great-kept secret. It’s a small city. Everything is close. The airport is close. Work is close. We live on the water.
Meanwhile, Brady’s remaining longevity feels as if it only could be deterred by injury. “He loves the game. He continues to love the game,” Guerrero said. “But you know what? He’s not sore on Monday and Tuesday. His body feels good. So he’s like, ‘Why not continue what I love doing because I feel good.’”

Brady makes it very clear his career isn’t likely to stop after this season, whether confetti falls on his head or not. While his age would suggest he’s nearing the end of his career, he sounds like a man who is just getting started.

“Hopefully, I’ll be here a long time,” Brady said. “For many years.”

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/20 ... long-time/
Rocker

Re: “Hopefully, I’ll be here a long time,” Brady said

Post by Rocker »

Keep it coming. Without keys to the garage, there's no way to do a database migration from BucZone to here that I know of. Sucks, because there was some really entertaining stuff, some really informative stuff, and a whole lot of in between.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Tom will play as long as he can stay healthy. He’s talked about how it gets exponentially harder to return from injuries of every sort. How an injury he would get over in a week years ago now lingers the entire season. Prayers up for Tom.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Rocker wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:23 pm Keep it coming. Without keys to the garage, there's no way to do a database migration from BucZone to here that I know of. Sucks, because there was some really entertaining stuff, some really informative stuff, and a whole lot of in between.
I was meaning users. I wish we could move the databases over.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I hope Tom Brady wins us a Super Bowl when he's older than George Blanda. Father Time always wins in the end but Tom's fighting him pretty hard.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:44 pm Tom will play as long as he can stay healthy. He’s talked about how it gets exponentially harder to return from injuries of every sort. How an injury he would get over in a week years ago now lingers the entire season. Prayers up for Tom.
Yep that’s why protecting him and Tom protecting himself are paramount. Tom falls to the ground if anyone even gets near him and guess what? That’s the right play.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Xandtar wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:21 pm I hope Tom Brady wins us a Super Bowl when he's older than George Blanda. Father Time always wins in the end but Tom's fighting him pretty hard.
If Rom gets us 2 Super Bowls it will have been a ride none of us ever dreamt possible 18 months ago.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

As much as I love the Trask project and think he'd be a great successor, I'm perfectly fine letting Brady play as long as he wants. No really, it would have to get last year Manning bad before I would even consider moving on. I have no interest in repeating the Patriots' mistakes.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Doctor wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:26 pm As much as I love the Trask project and think he'd be a great successor, I'm perfectly fine letting Brady play as long as he wants. No really, it would have to get last year Manning bad before I would even consider moving on. I have no interest in repeating the Patriots' mistakes.
Ah I remember that Super Bowl, he got a gift Super Bowl thanks to a ferocious defense like his brother. The NFL thought it was only fair. Still, they were a 2 point conversion away from possibly never getting there.
Heidguy

Post by Heidguy »

"Please stop, my penis can only get so erect!!"
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I consider Peyton's second ring as just a late cherry to his incredible first season with the Broncos.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:25 pm I consider Peyton's second ring as just a late cherry to his incredible first season with the Broncos.
I always thought of it as his lifetime achievement Oscar.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

You do know Payton's last year made Drew Brees arm look like Patrick Mahommes? I honestly and without reservation feel like that was a fixed post season. I was literally saying WTF as he moved past every round. The only reason I DONT feel ultimately that it was fixed was the fact Eli won 2 with relentless defense.

P.S. If you win a Superbowl BC your defense kicked the shit out of everyone doesn't mean you should end up in the Hall Of Fame. Fuck you Eli.
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:38 am You do know Payton's last year made Drew Brees arm look like Patrick Mahommes? I honestly and without reservation feel like that was a fixed post season. I was literally saying WTF as he moved past every round. The only reason I DONT feel ultimately that it was fixed was the fact Eli won 2 with relentless defense.

P.S. If you win a Superbowl BC your defense kicked the shit out of everyone doesn't mean you should end up in the Hall Of Fame. Fuck you Eli.
I'm squarely in the "Eli shouldn't get into the Hall" camp.

Was he ever in the conversation as one of the best in the league? No. He had a couple years where he was probably in the top ten. Big whoop. So did Donovan McNabb. Hell, McNabb had more years near the top of the list than Eli ever did and he's never going to sniff the Hall.

Frankly, he's Jameis Winston with two rings. He led the NFL in interceptions three times. He barely cracked 60% completion for his career. His career QB rating is 84.1. That would have been 27th in the league last year, just ahead of Nick Mullens.

Big Winner? He was exactly .500 for his career - 117-117.

But he was clutch in the playoffs! Well, no. He played on two Superbowl teams and he played well those two years. Absolutely. Otherwise, he was trash, knocked out in the first round four times. He had 18 passing TDs in 12 playoff games. In 5 of those games, he threw 1 or 0 TDs.

All that said, he WILL get into the Hall, for three reasons.

One, he's on a very short list of QBs who have multiple rings as starters.
Two, he was incredibly healthy and should be credited for never missing a start due to injury.
Three, New York bias.
Let's roll another joint
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

4...he's a Manning.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:31 am 4...he's a Manning.
Beat me to it.
Don't tread on me
MJW

Post by MJW »

uscbucsfan wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 8:31 am 4...he's a Manning.
Valid.
Let's roll another joint
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

It's close but his playoff runs were legendary clutch. His resume is similar to Elways actually. The storylines were historic. Slaying the 18-0 Pats, come on. You cannot tell the story of the NFL without Eli Manning.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Doctor wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:05 am It's close but his playoff runs were legendary clutch. His resume is similar to Elways actually. The storylines were historic. Slaying the 18-0 Pats, come on. You cannot tell the story of the NFL without Eli Manning.
Sure you can,

“The NFL was formed in 1920. Tom Brady showed up. The end.”
Lordnlkon

Post by Lordnlkon »

Remember when Brady was getting old and had poor arm strength? Yeah me neither.