2021 NFL Season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: 2021 NFL Season

Post by King Bootz »

3 great options. I'll set up the vote now in OT
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I can’t believe I’m going to write this, but he does have a point that the Rams got better on defense.

Now I feel dirty and need to bleach my keyboard.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

acmillis wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:40 pm
ATrain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:22 pm Scotty has turf toe and essentially hasn't played at all this year. Unknown status and we're 6-2 without him.

AB is still wearing a boot and BA didn't sound very optimistic. Unknown status. Unknow status is unknown, not "oh my God, the season is over"

Defense is terrible and can't be relied on to top 3rd string QBs, let alone Stafford or Murray. Stafford is an MVP caliber qb this season and we don't even play Murray (anotehr MVP caliber QB). We're quite literally middle of the pack defense (and getting better and healthier)

Competition just got better defensively. How so?

OBJ likely available soon. You mean the OBJ that since the beginning of the 2020 season has a total of 40/551/3? That OBJ...watch out world!

Hmm.

Mook NPC's on this board will immediately go full lizard brain and fail to see the forest for the trees.

Interesting.
What you got, Chicken Little?
You are one of the mook NPC's that I mentioned. Please, continue. You are demonstrating clearly why you're a mook.

It's getting boring bitch slapping all of you honestly. It's not even a challenge anymore. You don't even qualify as empty calories.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:45 pm
acmillis wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:40 pm

What you got, Chicken Little?
You are one of the mook NPC's that I mentioned. Please, continue. You are demonstrating clearly why you're a mook.

It's getting boring bitch slapping all of you honestly. It's not even a challenge anymore. You don't even qualify as empty calories.
Empty calories would be a good name too
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

@ATrain it ain't worth it bruh. Most of this is just ribbing that isn't meant to be taken this seriously
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Getting so tired of this nonsense.... Every frickin thread devolves into this....
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Selmon Rules wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:17 pm Getting so tired of this nonsense.... Every frickin thread devolves into this....
For twenty years, same people
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

NY Jets QB change.
Now in for USF’s Mike White….
Former Buc backup QB Josh Johnson.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

TonyLip wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:13 pm NY Jets QB change.
Jesus how many teams has he played for?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:20 pm
Jesus how many teams has he played for?
Look it up, you are so -------------- ohh 5 teams.

Out of football 2014,15,16.17 then one year with Redskins then out 2019, and 2020.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Lasted longer than Jon Gruden.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:56 pm
Lasted longer than Jon Gruden.
Thank would be Western Kentucky's Mike White.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:11 pm
Rocker wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:10 pm OBJ to Saints incoming?
They need a contingency to Thomas being out. You can certainly do a lot worse than OBJ
I have no idea what he is anymore. His catch % has declined for four straight years, even as Mayfield has improved. So has his YPG. And his Yards Per Target has nosedived, from an eye-popping 8.5 to a mediocre 6.8 this season. I'm sure a huge part of it is injuries. Guy has played 16 games once in 8 years, and I bet all those injuries have taken a toll.

Still, the Saints are a great option for both parties. And if a guy is going to find his groove again, his hometown is a great place to have it happened (except apparently for Desean Jackson.)
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

Josh Johnson football god
Nano

Post by Nano »

Was the Colts defense always this bad this year. They allowed nearly 400 yards passing and 500 yards overall to tje fucking Jets. We might go over 600 on them lol
MJW

Post by MJW »

Nano wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:36 pm Was the Colts defense always this bad this year. They allowed nearly 400 yards passing and 500 yards overall to tje fucking Jets. We might go over 600 on them lol
The were 8th in defense last year, 2nd in rush yards allowed (behind you know who) but only 20th in Pass D. They tried to shore it up this offseason by drafting two pass rushers in the first two rounds (Kwity Paye and Dayo Odeyingbo) but neither guy has had a huge impact. Paye doesn't have a sack yet and Odeyingbo literally played his first game tonight. Buckner is a monster and they've gotten solid production from some wave edge guys,though. Mainly, I don't think their corners are very good. Xavier Rhodes is old, Ya-Sin is hot/cold from what I've seen, and Kenny Moore has Ross Cockrell energy. I expect CB to be a major focus for them this offseason.
Let's roll another joint
Snake

Post by Snake »

MJW wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:02 am
Nano wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:36 pm Was the Colts defense always this bad this year. They allowed nearly 400 yards passing and 500 yards overall to tje fucking Jets. We might go over 600 on them lol
The were 8th in defense last year, 2nd in rush yards allowed (behind you know who) but only 20th in Pass D. They tried to shore it up this offseason by drafting two pass rushers in the first two rounds (Kwity Paye and Dayo Odeyingbo) but neither guy has had a huge impact. Paye doesn't have a sack yet and Odeyingbo literally played his first game tonight. Buckner is a monster and they've gotten solid production from some wave edge guys,though. Mainly, I don't think their corners are very good. Xavier Rhodes is old, Ya-Sin is hot/cold from what I've seen, and Kenny Moore has Ross Cockrell energy. I expect CB to be a major focus for them this offseason.
Wow that’s a terrible CB unit. Rhodes was done like 2 years ago. I don’t care about awards. I watched him get torched his last year as a Viking. He’s an old 31 y/o.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:10 am
MJW wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:02 am

Wow that’s a terrible CB unit. Rhodes was done like 2 years ago. I don’t care about awards. I watched him get torched his last year as a Viking. He’s an old 31 y/o.
Yeah, they have a quality #3 guy in Ya-Sin, a guy who should have retired already in Rhodes, and a pretty generic nickelback in Moore. We have three better corners than anyone on their roster, and none of them are that much better than Ross Cockrell, either.

I'd say, "seems like a lock for their first round pick" but I forget they already used it.

Let's roll another joint
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

MJW wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:48 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:11 pm

They need a contingency to Thomas being out. You can certainly do a lot worse than OBJ
I have no idea what he is anymore. His catch % has declined for four straight years, even as Mayfield has improved. So has his YPG. And his Yards Per Target has nosedived, from an eye-popping 8.5 to a mediocre 6.8 this season. I'm sure a huge part of it is injuries. Guy has played 16 games once in 8 years, and I bet all those injuries have taken a toll.

Still, the Saints are a great option for both parties. And if a guy is going to find his groove again, his hometown is a great place to have it happened (except apparently for Desean Jackson.)
OBJ is leaving because Mayfield can't get him the ball. I'm not sure why he'd want to go join the Saints who don't have a non-XFL starting caliber QB on their team. Unless obj only watched the saints vs the Bucs game but surely he would know that it's just our terrible defense and nothing to do with the Saints?

Also, I'd like to sign obj just to keep him out of the hands of any competitors and as a Fuck You to the Saints. Hell we kind of need to keep him away from the Saints because God knows his much damage he would do against us in game 2 later this year. We're gonna need that win just to hang a slight chance at winning our own division.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Sounds like the Browns and OBJ are reworking his contract a bit so that whoever claims him off waivers won't be on the hook for the $8mil. Not sure the details but there's a good chance he doesn't even clear waivers now.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:39 am Sounds like the Browns and OBJ are reworking his contract a bit so that whoever claims him off waivers won't be on the hook for the $8mil. Not sure the details but there's a good chance he doesn't even clear waivers now.
Who the fuck wants a diva WR who doesn’t like any QB he’s ever played with? Has an outspoken “fan section” on social media and is only known for one catch in his entire career.
Dread

Post by Dread »

No pass rush and a terrible secondary.

If you can't hurry the QB and make him get off his spot and can't cover WRs every team in the NFL will light you up.

Block Buckner and they don't have anyone else up front who is a threat.

Colts don't blitz much either
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Dread wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:14 am
No pass rush and a terrible secondary.

If you can't hurry the QB and make him get off his spot and can't cover WRs every team in the NFL will light you up.

Block Buckner and they don't have anyone else up front who is a threat.

Colts don't blitz much either
Wait, are we talking about the Colts defense or the Bucs here?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:13 am
ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:39 am Sounds like the Browns and OBJ are reworking his contract a bit so that whoever claims him off waivers won't be on the hook for the $8mil. Not sure the details but there's a good chance he doesn't even clear waivers now.
Who the fuck wants a diva WR who doesn’t like any QB he’s ever played with? Has an outspoken “fan section” on social media and is only known for one catch in his entire career.
Someone will.
Dread

Post by Dread »

With all the drama the Raiders have endured do they bring in OBJ?

Giants are a no. Gentlemen and OBJ hate each other.

Who else has a decent QB and a WR need to where OBJ would get targets in these last 8-9 games?

OBJ isn't going to get more than an opportunity with a new team, of which he knows he needs to show he can stay healthy and produce if he wants another big contract this offseason.

Personally, I think OBJ is done. He's always been too distracted with life outside of football and now that he's a celebrity he doesn't need football to make money. Not that a $15M/yr contract wouldn't be nice, I just don't believe he's as hungry to be a great football player as he was a few years back.

Let's be real here, the last season OBJ was any good Obama was still President. Since then it's been injuries and sideshow antics. He's never been part of the solution on a winning team.

I know we have Brady and he keeps everyone in line and focused on the next ring, but we have a misfit toy in AB who looks great already assuming he can return, plus a couple slappies named Evans and Godwin.

Maybe this offseason if OBJ is looking to ring chase on a 1yr deal in 2022 and revive his career we can take a look.

But no thanks for right now.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Next Bucs game is in 9 days

Bucs are 1-2 in games without AB
Dread

Post by Dread »

Odell is 29 today apparently (HBD).

Not sure what the free agent market will be this offseason for a 30yr old WR with a lengthy injury history and hasn't had a pro bowl caliber season since 2016.

Wherever he lands next week he better show out the second half of the season.

Even then, what team is going to give OBJ a contract with big guarantees this offseason? I sure as fuck wouldn't. He's not that type of Free Agent you invest guarnateed money in. 3rd contract players rarely are and given Odell's past 4-5 years he really isn't. Not when young healthy guys like Godwin are out there that can be counted on, even if they less flashy.

He's going to have to earn his money by staying healthy and being productive. Which he hasn't done in years.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Honestly, doesn't really matter if we wanted him or not(most likely we aren't interested) since the likelihood of him clearing waivers is now next to zero. If a team only has to cover a minimum base salary there's no reason for an interested team to let him hit FA.

Just gotta hope one of our NFC competitors doesn't snag him.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Would not want Odell. He's a whiny little diva bitch and has been since day 1.
BLT

Post by BLT »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:56 am

Lol dis mf crazy
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Just for the record, most on here said the same thing about AB last year. Most didn't want him on the team and said "No thanks, we have Evans, Godwin, and company. Don't want that drama".

I'm indifferent, but it's funny to see the same comments about AB last year being copy/pasted about OBJ now.
BLT

Post by BLT »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:08 am Just for the record, most on here said the same thing about AB last year. Most didn't want him on the team and said "No thanks, we have Evans, Godwin, and company. Don't want that drama".

I'm indifferent, but it's funny to see the same comments about AB last year being copy/pasted about OBJ now.
Speak for yourself. I didn't.

Also, AB is a little off but he's not a whiny punk who never plays to expectations.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Why exactly would we want OBJ? Are the weapons we have not enough? OBJ at this stage is a name, and I love his game. But we don't need him.

Now with that being said, Jason Licht loves the drama and grabs every big name he can get his hands on. If he made a play for Beckham it wouldn't really surprise me for that reason. But honestly he doesn't make us a better team. He doesn't provide an element we don't already have on offense. Maybe a little more speed but with Scotty and AB on the mend, that wouldn't make him unique in any way.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Holy crap. It's astonishing. Every post. Every single one.
Push the damned button already!
Max

Post by Max »

ATrain wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:03 am Honestly, doesn't really matter if we wanted him or not(most likely we aren't interested) since the likelihood of him clearing waivers is now next to zero.
Depends. The reason nobody wanted to trade for him is his remaining 2021 salary of 8 million. If a team puts in a claim, they have to take on his full contract (including guarantees).

If he ends up being released (without reworking his contract), he is unlikely to be claimed. An interested team could have just traded a conditional 7th rounder for him on Tuesday if they were willing to take on his contract.

It remains to be seen what they'll do to his contract. They could make it more claimable by reducing his base salary and eating some cap hit, or structure it in a way that makes it hard for teams to claim him. Depends on what the player and the team want.

If he ends up a FA, I'd like us to go after him. It would be at a veteran minimum, at that price the deal wouldn't have any downside at all. If he acts up, cut him. Still has the potential to be a top-10 WR. Brown is currently injured. Brady and Beckham talked about wanting to play together. Like I said, no downside.