NFL schedule to be released this Wednesday

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Four Verticals

Re: NFL schedule to be released this Wednesday

Post by Four Verticals »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:41 pm
Bootz wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:42 pm The Jets somehow have a league high 6 primetime games. 1 more than the 2x defending Super Bowl champions.
Follow the money. There is a large fanbase for the NY teams and teams in the Northeast. The TV advertisers want game with maximum exposure. They get that with the Jets. KC has a great team, but the watching audience is less than desired by TV advertisers.
Not necessarily the best example of the Chiefs considering the ratings for their in season national games last year.

This is likely a Rodgers thing and not necessarily a Jets thing. Of the two NY based teams, the Giants have the larger national fanbase.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Most hated man in America.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Rodgers is going to survive the first 4 games?
What’s Vegas have on that??
How much appeal will those Prime Time games have then.
SMDH
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Carolina stuck in the Developmental Division…
Oh wait…..

Thanks for the 2 gimme’s, Panthers.

Paper Bags and inside-out jerzee attire required for free beers and nachos at the Concession Kiosks.
Kress

Post by Kress »

The Steelers had better start strong. Their final 8 to close out the season:

Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Browns
Eagles
Ravens
Chiefs
Bengals
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Lol at Fields "second chance" when they bench Wilson halfway through the season.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Kress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:32 pm The Steelers had better start strong. Their final 8 to close out the season:

Ravens
Browns
Bengals
Browns
Eagles
Ravens
Chiefs
Bengals
Their schedule fascinates me. Their 1st 6 weeks, they play 2 home games, go west twice to Denver & Vegas, and visit the other 3 time zones. But their last 11 games, 6 of those games are against their division and ALL of their games are played in the Northeast. Their longest plane ride is across their home state to play in Philly. Oh and their bye-week is in week 9.

Schedule makers did them big favors.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Depending on your streaming services package, if you wanted to watch every game for the NFL regular season, you would pay almost $165 to watch matchups on Netflix, ESPN+, Prime Video, and Peacock.

These are the monthly fees for the streaming services:

Netflix - $6.99/month
ESPN+ - $10.99/month
Prime Video - $8.99/month
Peacock - $5.99/month

YouTubeTV subscribers are paying $72.99 monthly and for the fans who want to watch their favorite team every week on NFL Sunday Ticket, the price tag rises to $349 to watch games in different TV markets, Scripps News reported.

In total, sports fans would pay over $800 to watch every game in the NFL regular season.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Phantom wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:54 am
Depending on your streaming services package, if you wanted to watch every game for the NFL regular season, you would pay almost $165 to watch matchups on Netflix, ESPN+, Prime Video, and Peacock.

Netflix - $6.99/month
ESPN+ - $10.99/month
Peacock - $5.99/month

YouTubeTV subscribers are paying $72.99 monthly and for the fans who want to watch their favorite team every week on NFL Sunday Ticket, the price tag rises to $349 to watch games in different TV markets, Scripps News reported.

In total, sports fans would pay over $800 to watch every game in the NFL regular season.
See... That's insane to me.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:05 am
I'm a cable guy. I wonder if the cable companies will start subsidizing this for their customers soon? I know a Spectrum account includes Disney+ now. The only reason to keep cable for sports guys is the sports. If they're all going to end up on streaming services there is no point to cable anymore.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Grahamburn wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:51 am
I'm a cable guy. I wonder if the cable companies will start subsidizing this for their customers soon? I know a Spectrum account includes Disney+ now. The only reason to keep cable for sports guys is the sports. If they're all going to end up on streaming services there is no point to cable anymore.
Fox/Disney/Warner Brothers are supposed to have a sports streaming service this year at some point. That eliminates the need for Cable in almost all avenues if you're a sports fan.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Listening to NFL Radio, the Lions play I'm a dome in 14 of their first 15 games of the season.

Betting note, the Niners are the only team favored to win every game... the Panthers are the only team that's an underdog in every game.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

I think it's safe to day that the vast majority of people had those subscriptions before the NFL did deals with those outlets.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Netflix - $6.99/month
ESPN+ - $10.99/month
Peacock - $5.99/month

This is misleading. ESPN+ & Peacock are exclusively broadcasting 1 game a piece during the season. I believe Peacock gets 1 playoff game as well. Netflix is broadcasting 2 games total both on Christmas day. So to say a customer would need to carry these 3 services for 5 months just to watch 4 games total isn't true.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Bootz wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:47 pm
This is misleading. ESPN+ & Peacock are exclusively broadcasting 1 game a piece during the season. I believe Peacock gets 1 playoff game as well. Netflix is broadcasting 2 games total both on Christmas day. So to say a customer would need to carry these 3 services for 5 months just to watch 4 games total isn't true.
It's also misleading because you physically can't watch every game as on Sunday, the most you can watch exclusively is 2. If you want more, for just $7.99 a month, you can watch Red Zone. You don't need any of those subscriptions. As you said, someone could subscribe to those services for 1 month, watch the game and cancel and it only costs you what, $6, $8, $10, or $11?
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

CannonFire wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:00 pm

It's also misleading because you physically can't watch every game as on Sunday, the most you can watch exclusively is 2. If you want more, for just $7.99 a month, you can watch Red Zone. You don't need any of those subscriptions. As you said, someone could subscribe to those services for 1 month, watch the game and cancel and it only costs you what, $6, $8, $10, or $11?
I know this sounds dumb. But there are still people who refuse or can’t afford internet. Maybe in my area more predominant than your’s.

Internet is included in these expenses because you can’t just turn your tv on and watch your local team on an over the air antenna any longer if they’re playing on one of these channels. A lot of people will distances themselves.

It’s just phasing out the old and in with the newer or more modern stuff but there are a select fanbase that doesn’t use the modern amenities of technology.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Yeah, sure, but it's still accurate information nonetheless.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:22 pm

I know this sounds dumb. But there are still people who refuse or can’t afford internet. Maybe in my area more predominant than your’s.

Internet is included in these expenses because you can’t just turn your tv on and watch your local team on an over the air antenna any longer if they’re playing on one of these channels. A lot of people will distances themselves.

It’s just phasing out the old and in with the newer or more modern stuff but there are a select fanbase that doesn’t use the modern amenities of technology.
Yeah but there's always a way to watch it for free
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Netflix - $6.99/month
ESPN+ - $10.99/month
Peacock - $5.99/month

Unless a fan is subscribing to a streaming service just to watch NFL football, this data is a bunch of misleading bs. I have three of those services which I watch a ton of other "stuff" on it. What NFL game is ESPN+ broadcasting exclusively in the first place? I don't think there are any.

I don't have Netflix. I won't be subscribing to Netflix. I don't feel I'm missing anything.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:50 am
Grahamburn wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 9:51 am

Fox/Disney/Warner Brothers are supposed to have a sports streaming service this year at some point. That eliminates the need for Cable in almost all avenues if you're a sports fan.
It will be interesting to see the pricing on this as the consumer is never advantaged when it comes to paying for viewing services. The contracts for the major sports have already been drawn up and signed so I'm not sure how this factors into the service's presentation. The wording of the press releases has been kind of lawyer-ish to me. "There will be 'offerings' from the 4 major sports. OK...wtf does that mean?

It sounds good at face value but my gut feeling is that we'll either up paying more or be getting far less and/or have to keep what any of us have.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Four Verticals wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:02 pm
Unless a fan is subscribing to a streaming service just to watch NFL football, this data is a bunch of misleading bs. I have three of those services which I watch a ton of other "stuff" on it. What NFL game is ESPN+ broadcasting exclusively in the first place? I don't think there are any.

I don't have Netflix. I won't be subscribing to Netflix. I don't feel I'm missing anything.
Obviously you're not a fan of the TV show genre that has a cliffhanger season 3 finale and then gets abruptly canceled.

Might you'd be interested in the Oh Yeah I Watched That genre in which a show puts out a season of episodes, takes a 3 year hiatus, and then randomly puts out a second season. The first season is so spotty in your memory you either have to rewatch it before watching the second season or just say fuck it, it ain't worth it.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Sure, I understand that, and it sucks... but we're talking about an extremely small number of people where as the article is making sound like its everyone having to put out $1500+ a year, that they wouldn't be paying anyway. The vast majority of people, long before the NFL starting using streaming services, already had Netflix, ESPN+, and Prime accounts.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:14 pm

Obviously you're not a fan of the TV show genre that has a cliffhanger season 3 finale and then gets abruptly canceled.

Might you'd be interested in the Oh Yeah I Watched That genre in which a show puts out a season of episodes, takes a 3 year hiatus, and then randomly puts out a second season. The first season is so spotty in your memory you either have to rewatch it before watching the second season or just say fuck it, it ain't worth it.
Well...you convinced me and I signed up for a lifetime subscription! :D
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

CannonFire wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:29 pm

Sure, I understand that, and it sucks... but we're talking about an extremely small number of people where as the article is making sound like its everyone having to put out $1500+ a year, that they wouldn't be paying anyway. The vast majority of people, long before the NFL starting using streaming services, already had Netflix, ESPN+, and Prime accounts.
Yeah. I think Peacock was the only service that gained anything and that was likely temporary but the services do seem to count on those who forget to unsubscribe and it is free money for them.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Four Verticals wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:52 pm
CannonFire wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:29 pm

Yeah. I think Peacock was the only service that gained anything and that was likely temporary but the services do seem to count on those who forget to unsubscribe and it is free money for them.
I'm not saying for the average family, because the average family is far from average nowadays. Statistics show this?

Peacock gaining notoriety may have saved that app because do you remember when it first dropped and it was not anything worth while? I do.

Peacock now is pretty tempting with their sports package. Even more so if NASCAR can get their product on the app too.
Kona

Post by Kona »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:14 pm

Spot on. I get Netflix every year or two for a couple months at a time and watch all the new stuff I want to see, then cancel. Same with HBO Max.

Although, I could surprise the wifey with Netflix for December for all the Christmas movies as an excuse, little does she know about the games on Christmas Day
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

CannonFire wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:32 pm Listening to NFL Radio, the Lions play I'm a dome in 14 of their first 15 games of the season.
That’s insane. They only have three outdoor games all season: at GB, Chicago, and San Fran
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

BJJ34 wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:25 pm
Four Verticals wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 4:52 pm

I'm not saying for the average family, because the average family is far from average nowadays. Statistics show this?

Peacock gaining notoriety may have saved that app because do you remember when it first dropped and it was not anything worth while? I do.

Peacock now is pretty tempting with their sports package. Even more so if NASCAR can get their product on the app too.
Peacock didn't include their past content when launch, so I agree it sucked badly at launch, but it was also free. Later the current season was free and a premium for the back catalog came in. Finally, they went to all content on all levels. One with or without ads. I am lucky that Peacock is free (with ads). Sports has definitely gotten better
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Deja Entendu wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 8:10 pm
CannonFire wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:32 pm Listening to NFL Radio, the Lions play I'm a dome in 14 of their first 15 games of the season.
That’s insane. They only have three outdoor games all season: at GB, Chicago, and San Fran
This includes retractable domes which are usually open unless storms are coming or really cols weather