Way way too early 53 man roster prediction

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Way way too early 53 man roster prediction

Post by Bootz »

Title speaks for its self

QB: Baker Mayfield, Kyle Trask, John Wolford
RB: Rachaad White, Chase Edmonds, Bucky Irving
WR: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Trey Palmer, Jalen McMillin, Rakim Jarrett, Deven Thompkins
TE: Cade Otton, Payne Durham, Ko Kieft
OT:Tristian Wirfs, Luke Goedeke, Brandon Walton, Justin Skule
OG: Cody Mauch, Sua Opeta, Elijah Klein, Ben Bredson
C: Graham Barton, Robert Hainsey

DL: Vita Vea, Calijah Kancey, Logan Hall, William Gholston, Greg Gaines, Mike Greene
EDGE: Yaya Diaby, Joe Tryon, Anthony Nelson, Chris Braswell, Randy Gregory
ILB: Lavonte David, KJ Britt, Sirvocea Dennis, JJ Russell
CB: Jamel Dean, Zyon McCollum, Bryce Hall, Tavierre Thomas, Christian Izien, Josh Hayes
S: Antoine Winfield Jr, Jordan Whitehead, Kaevon Merriweather, Tykee Smith

K: Chase Mclaughlin
P: Jake Camarda
LS: Zach Triner
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Re: Way way too early 53 man roster prediction

Post by Doctor »

Where's José Ramirez?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:51 pm Where's José Ramirez?
Who's place is he taking?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Really hoping that Irving and Tucker can take the #2/#3 RB spots. But I don’t have any reason to believe that will happen.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:37 pm Really hoping that Irving and Tucker can take the #2/#3 RB spots. But I don’t have any reason to believe that will happen.
They have seemingly thrown the towel in on Tucker. If we're being honest we needed someone who can push White buy we seem content on doing less with less at RB.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Tucker had a heart condition coming out right? Maybe that had effected his play.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Central_Buc wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm Tucker had a heart condition coming out right? Maybe that had effected his play.
I think they ruled out it affecting his playing career.

This training camp and preseason should be revealing.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Central_Buc wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:44 pm Tucker had a heart condition coming out right? Maybe that had effected his play.
Complete non-factor. It doesn't effect him on the field. Even he doesn't think so.

Snake

Post by Snake »

Looking through this roster, it just shows you how good the Super Bowl roster was. Hard to imagine will see the one like that anytime soon.

This season, the Bucs need the old guard to remain studs and/or healthy (Evans, LVD, Vea, Dean). No small feat. Long in the teeth or prone to getting hurt already.

And frankly, they need a whole lot of young guys to take a step forward. These stick out:

McCollum, Mauch, Kancey, Dennis, Diaby.

I’ve given up on JTS being a stud, and Nelson is Nelson. An admirable JAG.

I also understand that they expect a system wide effect with the interior offensive line. If they upgrade center with Barton, it’s will make the other two guys better. Hainsey moves to a position that he (maybe) is better equipped for. And Mauch takes a step forward because “that’s what young players” do.

And none of it really matters if Baker Mayfield can’t replicate his previous season.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 pm Looking through this roster, it just shows you how good the Super Bowl roster was. Hard to imagine will see the one like that anytime soon.

This season, the Bucs need the old guard to remain studs and/or healthy (Evans, LVD, Vea, Dean). No small feat. Long in the teeth or prone to getting hurt already.

And frankly, they need a whole lot of young guys to take a step forward. These stick out:

McCollum, Mauch, Kancey, Dennis, Diaby.

I’ve given up on JTS being a stud, and Nelson is Nelson. An admirable JAG.
It seems like we're trying our darnedest to keep that SB roster for as long as we can. 2 things the Patriots & Chiefs did that helped them build dynasties are 1: they found a QB. And 2, probably as important as finding the QB, they moved on from players as soon as their value was out outweighed by their price tag. They weren't afraid to trade young players on their prime whereas we think it's more important that they become long term franchise players. But in trading young players they got resources in return which allowed them to turn the roster over year after year to field the best possible 53 man roster.

That ain't us and probably never will be under Licht.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

I was noticing how our rosters have built built since Arians got here and how Bowles constructed his roster last year. 3 QBs/4 RBs/6 WRs/4 TEs/9 OLs and Bowles reduced QBs to 2 and WRs to 5.

On defense Arians had 6 DLs/5 OLBs/4 ILBs/5 CBs/4 Ss to adding a 6th OLB and CB.

I think this all due to have mostly 2 WR sets. Now that we are 3 WRs sets the question is do we reduce OLB by one where Bowles loves to rotate players all game or CB where the team has been bitten before. My thought is this. Since he is crosstraining CB and S that he will add back a 6th WR and keep 6 OLBs.

Wolford was added back to the roster at the very end of Oct 31 when QB injuries started to add up. I am guessing this will happen again.

PS Jose Ramirez doesn't make the cut. Sorry @Doctor

QB: Baker Mayfield, Kyle Trask
RB: Rachaad White, Bucky Irving, Chase Edmunds, Sean Tucker
WR: Mike Evans, Chris Godwin, Jalen McMillan, Deven Thompkins, Trey Palmer, Ryan Miller
TE: Cade Otten, Payne Durham, Devin Culp, Tanner Taula
OL: Tristan Wirfs, Cody Mauch, Graham Barton, Elijah Klien, Luke Goedecke, Brandon Walton, Ben Bredeson, Justin Skule, Sue Opeta

DL: Vita Vea, Calijah Kancey, Logan Hall, Greg Gaines, William Gholson, Mike Greene
OLB: Joe Tryon-Shoyinko, Yaya Diaby, Chris Braswell, Markees Watts, Anthony Nelson, Randy Gregory
ILB: Lavonte David, KJ Britt, Sirvocea Dennis, JJ Russell
CB: Jamal Dean, Bryce Hall, Zyon Mccollum, Tavierre Thomas, Quandre Mosely
S: Antoine Winfield Jr, Jordan Whitehead, Christian Izien, Tykee Smith

LS: Evan Deckers
P: Jake Carmada
K: Chase McLaughlin
Last edited by kaimaru on Tue May 07, 2024 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 am Looking at the Bucs 2023 roster. 3 QB, 3 RB. I think Sean Tucker is the practice squad guy. We have had 7 WRs every year since 2019. Not going to change. Considering who we had on our PS. I am guessing we get someone like Michael Thomas on a prove me deal. Culp beats Kieft, why? we will be in 1 TE sets, Kieft is a worse blocker than Otton, might as well have two Y TEs. Looking at OLine, I have to go where the money is. Ben Bredeson has played center and LG so he will probably be our back iOL while Hainsewy goes to RG. I amputting Elijah Klein as battling out Hainsey for LG. We generally have onlt 3 to four backup OL so Walton makes it to backup the tackles. Skule may make it as well at tackle.

As far as defense, I feel we will see less Logan Hall and more Vea/Diaby/Brasswell/Kancey front four. Knowing how Bowles likes to scheme up pass rushes makes me feel like unless Hall has a coming to Jesus moment that he will have the least snaps of those players. We tend to be heavy on the defense. Not surpring consider Bowles. Our defensive depth sucks.

RB: Rachaad White, Bucky Irving, Chase Edmonds
WR1: Mike Evans, Deven Thompkins, Rakim Jarrett
WR2: Chris Godwin, Jalen McMillin
WR3: Trey Palmer, ?
TE: Cade Otton, Payne Durham, Devin Culp
LT: Luke Goedeke, Brandon Walton, Justin Skule
LG: Cody Mauch, Elijah Klein, Ben Bredeson
OC: Graham Barton, Ben Bredeson
RG: Robert Hainsey, Elijah Klein, Ben Bredeson
RT: Tristan Wirfs, Brandon Walton Justin Skule
25 players on offense

DT: Calijah Kancey, William Gholston
NT: Vita Vea, Greg Gaines
DT: Logan Hall, Mike Greene or FA
OLB: Yaya Diaby, Randy Gregory
OLB2: Chris Brasswel, Anthony Nelson, JTS
ILB: Sirvocea Dennis, JJ Russell
ILB: LVD, KJ Britt
NCB/NS: Tykee Smith, Christian Izien
CB: Jamel Dean, Tavierre Thomas
CB: Zyon Mccollum, Bryce Hall
SS: Jordan Whitehead, Tykee Smith
FS: Antoine Winfrey Jr, Kaevon Merriweather
25 defense

LS Zach Triner
Is there a reason you have Mauch moving to LG and fitting Hainsey in at RG? More of a curiosity than a disagreement.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Four Verticals wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:39 pm
kaimaru wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 am Looking at the Bucs 2023 roster. 3 QB, 3 RB. I think Sean Tucker is the practice squad guy. We have had 7 WRs every year since 2019. Not going to change. Considering who we had on our PS. I am guessing we get someone like Michael Thomas on a prove me deal. Culp beats Kieft, why? we will be in 1 TE sets, Kieft is a worse blocker than Otton, might as well have two Y TEs. Looking at OLine, I have to go where the money is. Ben Bredeson has played center and LG so he will probably be our back iOL while Hainsewy goes to RG. I amputting Elijah Klein as battling out Hainsey for LG. We generally have onlt 3 to four backup OL so Walton makes it to backup the tackles. Skule may make it as well at tackle.

As far as defense, I feel we will see less Logan Hall and more Vea/Diaby/Brasswell/Kancey front four. Knowing how Bowles likes to scheme up pass rushes makes me feel like unless Hall has a coming to Jesus moment that he will have the least snaps of those players. We tend to be heavy on the defense. Not surpring consider Bowles. Our defensive depth sucks.

RB: Rachaad White, Bucky Irving, Chase Edmonds
WR1: Mike Evans, Deven Thompkins, Rakim Jarrett
WR2: Chris Godwin, Jalen McMillin
WR3: Trey Palmer, ?
TE: Cade Otton, Payne Durham, Devin Culp
LT: Luke Goedeke, Brandon Walton, Justin Skule
LG: Cody Mauch, Elijah Klein, Ben Bredeson
OC: Graham Barton, Ben Bredeson
RG: Robert Hainsey, Elijah Klein, Ben Bredeson
RT: Tristan Wirfs, Brandon Walton Justin Skule
25 players on offense

DT: Calijah Kancey, William Gholston
NT: Vita Vea, Greg Gaines
DT: Logan Hall, Mike Greene or FA
OLB: Yaya Diaby, Randy Gregory
OLB2: Chris Brasswel, Anthony Nelson, JTS
ILB: Sirvocea Dennis, JJ Russell
ILB: LVD, KJ Britt
NCB/NS: Tykee Smith, Christian Izien
CB: Jamel Dean, Tavierre Thomas
CB: Zyon Mccollum, Bryce Hall
SS: Jordan Whitehead, Tykee Smith
FS: Antoine Winfrey Jr, Kaevon Merriweather
25 defense

LS Zach Triner
Is there a reason you have Mauch moving to LG and fitting Hainsey in at RG? More of a curiosity than a disagreement.
I assumed he doesn't know the difference between left and right as he has Tristian Wirfs at RT with Luke Goedeke as LT.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

I keep seeing Mauch to LG also. Why do that instead of leaving him at RT so it's not something new again?? Leave him there and let him grow into it
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 pm I keep seeing Mauch to LG also. Why do that instead of leaving him at RT so it's not something new again?? Leave him there and let him grow into it
I’d put Barton at LG before I’d move Mauch again. Seems like they want him at center though. Bredeson, Opeta, and Hainsey battle for LG.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I must've missed something. People have been talking about the Bucs putting Hainsey at guard. Where was this considered by the coaching staff or Licht? Or is this just a baseless assumption because he sucked so bad at Center?
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Our O-line has been the demise of our run game, but I think Irving will be AT MINIMUM splitting carries with White by the end of the season.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:51 pm I must've missed something. People have been talking about the Bucs putting Hainsey at guard. Where was this considered by the coaching staff or Licht? Or is this just a baseless assumption because he sucked so bad at Center?
I predict it is going to be musical chairs with players being moved from side to side in different roles as T, G and C. One thing with Lichts picks over the years is that the Bucs have a lot of versatility on the offensive line. If the Bucs suffer injuries (God forbid) on the offensive line next season, this versatility will come into play.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:45 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:51 pm I must've missed something. People have been talking about the Bucs putting Hainsey at guard. Where was this considered by the coaching staff or Licht? Or is this just a baseless assumption because he sucked so bad at Center?
I predict it is going to be musical chairs with players being moved from side to side in different roles as T, G and C. One thing with Lichts picks over the years is that the Bucs have a lot of versatility on the offensive line. If the Bucs suffer injuries (God forbid) on the offensive line next season, this versatility will come into play.
Outside of Marpet and I suppose Wirfs ability to move from RT to LT, that "versatility" hasn't been much of an asset outside of having a body. No one has exactly thrived.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:30 pm

I assumed he doesn't know the difference between left and right as he has Tristian Wirfs at RT with Luke Goedeke as LT.
You would be surprised how many people go to boot camp not knowing their left from their right.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Yes I have them reversed. It was late
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

A new report on Pewter Report said that Hainsey will be the starting or backup center. He doesn't have the lower body strength to play guard according to them. They also stated that all iOL will be competing for the best 3 combo regardless of who is where. If that means from LG to RG Mauch-Bredeson-Barton then that is what it is. If it's Barton-Hainsey-Mauch, that's it. So it should be interesting how this shakes out
Snake

Post by Snake »

It’s a mess.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:37 pm
A new report on Pewter Report said that Hainsey will be the starting or backup center. He doesn't have the lower body strength to play guard according to them. They also stated that all iOL will be competing for the best 3 combo regardless of who is where. If that means from LG to RG Mauch-Bredeson-Barton then that is what it is. If it's Barton-Hainsey-Mauch, that's it. So it should be interesting how this shakes out
I echo @Snake's sentiment. That's the epitome of throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. That's not a plan at all. Seems pretty amateur.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 pm I echo @Snake's sentiment. That's the epitome of throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. That's not a plan at all. Seems pretty amateur.
The whole article reads more like someone giving a politically correct vague answer to a question that we all know will not be answered until training camp.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Remember how people thought Luke wouldn't cut it being kicked back out? Thought we were pigeon holed to RT with no escape?

Hainsey is one of several linemen that repeatedly get praised for being able to play all over the line. He started off backing up Wirfs at tackle before the Jensen injury. And after Ali, who was also planned for center but found himself at guard, you can hear Licht speak on Barton in noncommittal terms. Because at the end of the day you're going to play what shakes out to be your best combination and you can't really know that in April. Maybe Hainsey at Center and Barton on LG is the best combo. Maybe the inverse.

The LG position is as open to Hainsey as anyone. I can see why some would project him.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

GreatTimes wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:27 pm

You would be surprised how many people go to boot camp not knowing their left from their right.
Or on this board - affect from effect
I said what I said

Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 pm

I echo @Snake's sentiment. That's the epitome of throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. That's not a plan at all. Seems pretty amateur.
Right you are and if the first game scheduled was this Sunday it would be an issue.

Assuming that we take the stance that there is no plan right now....likely untrue in the first place.....there is plenty of time to sort it out via competition.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I think Hainsey's value is going to come as depth at tackle who can also swing back to center should Barton go down.

I think EDGE is going to go 7 deep. We're going to lean on constant fresh pressure, good rotation, and depth to go the distance.

Izien and Smith will be the back up safeties who also see the field as our nickles. Hall backs up outside.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:01 pm

More news, this time from JBF. Licht said that Barton will start at center but could be moved to guard. He also mentioned maybe moving Mauch to LG since the left side is his natural side which sounds like he has already talked to Mauch. Sort of like he was considering moving Wirfs to LT and found out Wirfs knew about it 6 months before that. Since the guard we picked up played RG I think that will be the base for our line coming into OTAs and training camp
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

We're going to field our best 5, though where Barton plays I think may be the canary in the coal mine. If he's at guard I think it's more likely a red flag and because we quite simply didn't like our other guard options moreso than Hainsey just totally crushed it at center and won out.

Assuming OBP is right on their bet on Mauch and he's one OG, it may come down to where the winner of the other OG spot best plays. The Mauch will go the other way. Ben will probably stay on the left, Klien on the right. It's going to be an interesting camp battle.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

I think it’s more a matter of letting him “compete” at LG if the center job is Barton’s. Hopefully the Hainsey starting days are over.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

real bucs fan wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:51 pm
I think it’s more a matter of letting him “compete” at LG if the center job is Barton’s. Hopefully the Hainsey starting days are over.
I think Hainsey will be center or backup center/tackle and that's it
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Barring injury of course, I would imagine that Barton wins the center job easily. I feel great about our tackles.

Guard though? I'd do a totally open competition. We've got two bones and a bunch of dogs looking to eat. Let's see who's the hungriest.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

It'd be very weird if we tried to force Hainsey into a role at guard when he was a complete failure at Center after he came from college as a tackle. He's yet to show this versatility our coaches seem to want to believe he has yet here we are.