Welcome Graham Barton

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Re: Welcome Graham Barton

Post by Doctor »

Barton is very strong. Funny you brought up Kelce, Cheb, was saying yesterday "While I'm not saying he's Kelce, he's the kind of center you can tush push behind".
Snake

Post by Snake »

Just for those keeping track:

He’s very strong.
He has S-tier mobility.
He has a dream of a body.
He physically dominated a first round pick edge player.
He played multiple OL positions in college.

But for some reason, there were a ton of offensive linemen taken ahead of him.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I wonder if Jensen has spoke to him yet.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Snake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:39 pm Just for those keeping track:

He’s very strong.
He has S-tier mobility.

Because IOL has less value than OT in the draft
Snake

Post by Snake »

For some reason, the 6’5 guy who played OT in college with a 9.99 RAS score and elite mobility is playing on the interior.
Last edited by Snake on Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

He’s very strong.
He has S-tier mobility.

That's because Barton is strictly projected as an interior player because of his short arms. All the guys selected ahead of him were tackles except for Fautanu who is now a Steeler and is (currently) projected to be a guard.

Nine of the 32 first round selections this year were offensive lineman this year, nearly a third of selections. That's a prolific class if they play up to their potential. Looking at even more trends, 69% of first round picks this year were either quarterbacks, wide receivers, or offensive lineman.

I guess fuck defense, amiright?
Snake

Post by Snake »

The sentiment coming from the NFL executive offices? Yes fuck defense
Backside

Post by Backside »

He’s very strong.
He has S-tier mobility.

Any non tackles in the Olineman group taken before him? Maybe a couple hybrid guys, but Barton seems like the first 100% interior guy taken. Surely there is no need to explain that teams value tackles more than interior lineman, right? Yes, he was the top interior lineman on many boards for the reasons you stated above.

More off topic, what is with the debbie downer personality you seem to be trying really hard to cultivate since the off-season started?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Snake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:47 pm For some reason, the 6’5 guy who played OT in college with a 9.99 RAS score and elite mobility is playing on the interior.

ESPN depth chart has him starting LG and backup C to Hainsey.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

mdb1958 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:02 pm
Snake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:47 pm For some reason, the 6’5 guy who played OT in college with a 9.99 RAS score and elite mobility is playing on the interior.

ESPN depth chart has him starting LG and backup C to Hainsey.
I'm guessing that ESPN is unlikely to make any decisions on where these two guys will play.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Backside wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:56 pm

He’s very strong.
He has S-tier mobility.

More off topic, what is with the debbie downer personality you seem to be trying really hard to cultivate since the off-season started?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Short arms is what I heard. I have yet to talk to his girlfriend to confirm that it is an issue for her.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Snake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm
Backside wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:56 pm

I always considered you a good poster, so I do note your posts maybe more than a typical user.

It could all be my imagination of course. But definitely feels like you are more interested in giving out the pessimistic take, making sure people don't get too excited. Or just general nit picking and bitching lately. You do you, just something I noticed. Maybe it's always been the case and it's my perspective on the team that has changed. Who knows.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Backside wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:09 pm
Snake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm

I always considered you a good poster, so I do note your posts maybe more than a typical user.

It could all be my imagination of course. But definitely feels like you are more interested in giving out the pessimistic take, making sure people don't get too excited. Or just general nit picking and bitching lately. You do you, just something I noticed. Maybe it's always been the case and it's my perspective on the team that has changed. Who knows.
I’m still a great poster. You need to have balance, or it becomes a circle jerk.

A general narrative on here is that Caleb Williams was an immature team imploder who could not will his team to wins. I had to push back on that. Because his production statistically was very good and he had arguably the worst defense in the P5. He was the reason they won as many games as they did at all. Balance.

If people here were calling him the greatest quarterback prospect of the last 25 years, I would’ve pushed back against that. Balance.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Snake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:17 pm

I’m still a great poster. You need to have balance, or it becomes a circle jerk.

A general narrative on here is that Caleb Williams was an immature team imploder who could not will his team to wins. I had to push back on that. Because his production statistically was very good and he had arguably the worst defense in the P5. He was the reason they won as many games as they did at all. Balance.

If people here were calling him the greatest quarterback prospect of the last 25 years, I would’ve pushed back against that. Balance.
Fair enough.

You seem thoroughly whelmed by the Barton pick. Who would you have taken at 26 last night?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Backside wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:26 pm

Fair enough.

You seem thoroughly whelmed by the Barton pick. Who would you have taken at 26 last night?
Probably Barton.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Backside wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 pm Image
This is an unquestionably underrated reaction gif.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Cheb wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm
Backside wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 pm Image
This is an unquestionably underrated reaction gif.
Always been a go-to for me. Surprised I don't see it used more.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

He’s very strong.
He has S-tier mobility.

You know how this works. People are always gonna see things through their pewter colored glasses. Hell you remember the circle jerk last year when we signed Sean Tucker as a UDFA.

I do think Barton will be really good for us though.
Most hated man in America.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I think that is more accurately described as a contrarian.
Snake

Post by Snake »

You won’t find a good message board if everybody agrees on everything
Backside

Post by Backside »

Snake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 pm You won’t find a good message board if everybody agrees on everything
But disagreeing just for the sake of it isn't exactly great content either.

You just said he would've been your top pick for the Bucs, are you reacting like a person who just had their team draft the guy you wanted most?

Bootz has his own reputation. So of course he will comment on your post saying us idiot fans are just hyping up our draft pick because of pewter colored glasses. Only to end it with "He'll be really good for us though" Okay?? Is there some pessimism quota to hit in order to post?

It just seems like you have done everything except say "Nice pick, that is exactly who I would have taken there. I hope he works out." I get you might find that crappy content. But just trying to find the negative outlook on everything, even the move you would have made yourself doesn't seem great either.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

reagan SMASH wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:29 pm I rarely post, but as a Duke fan, I needed to say I'm a huge fan of this pick. I find it interesting that they announced him as a center. Regardless, his versatility will be a huge asset.
Post more lurk less :)
I said what I said

Snake

Post by Snake »

Maybe it’s a dispositional thing, but I don’t typically play along with the sunshine and rainbows brigade.

Barton has some positive aspects. He has some negative aspects. I’m the one who posted the scouting reports here. I’m the one who posted the ras score. I’m not blind to the upside.

Truthfully, I’m not as educated on this crop of players as I have been in recent years. I’ve honed in on a few guys, but I don’t have a comprehensive overview like I normally have.

I believe the team was pigeonhole’d into taking an interior offensive lineman who they gave a 1st/2nd round grade on. The interior offensive line was atrocious last season and the offense would not improve until they addressed it. They did not do so in free agency. So here we are.

Barton has experience. He has versatility. He’s off the charts athletically. I do see concerning things on tape. But this is the nature of the game when you’re picking at the end of the first round.

A 9.99 athletic score, 35 college starts, and he’s the eighth offensive lineman off the board. There’s a little bit more going on here.
Last edited by Snake on Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Backside wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 am Fills a massive need, and seems like he will be a productive player at the least.

I like the fact that JPJ was there and we passed him. Makes Barton not feel like a consolation prize. They liked Barton more, I hope they are right.
I am very curious to hear what Mayfield things (if Barton is the center). He benefits the most after all
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Cheb wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:48 pm

He’s very strong.
He has S-tier mobility.

That's because Barton is strictly projected as an interior player because of his short arms. All the guys selected ahead of him were tackles except for Fautanu who is now a Steeler and is (currently) projected to be a guard.

Nine of the 32 first round selections this year were offensive lineman this year, nearly a third of selections. That's a prolific class if they play up to their potential. Looking at even more trends, 69% of first round picks this year were either quarterbacks, wide receivers, or offensive lineman.

I guess fuck defense, amiright?
Please do not spoil snakes victimy negatively rant. It is what he lives for.
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

13F11B wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm
Short arms is what I heard. I have yet to talk to his girlfriend to confirm that it is an issue for her.
I did. And she said it wasn’t the length of his arms that fulfilled her.
I said what I said

BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Babeinbucland wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 pm
Backside wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:51 am Fills a massive need, and seems like he will be a productive player at the least.

I like the fact that JPJ was there and we passed him. Makes Barton not feel like a consolation prize. They liked Barton more, I hope they are right.
I am very curious to hear what Mayfield things (if Barton is the center). He benefits the most after all
If I were Mayfield, I'd work with him all offseason to get my timing down.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 pm
Babeinbucland wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:44 pm

100% and I bet that is exactly what happens too!
I said what I said

BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Babeinbucland wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 pm
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:59 pm

100% and I bet that is exactly what happens too!
I agree. Mayfield may have come on strong at the end of last season but he knows that if he regresses this season, he will not be in a Tampa uniform in 2025.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

He’s very strong.
He has S-tier mobility.

It's because Tackle is viewed higher for the responsibility of protecting the QB and not alot of teams have a Franchise T or they'll take one for an upgrade.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Snake wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:24 pm You won’t find a good message board if everybody agrees on everything
I disagree with that post.
reagan SMASH

Post by reagan SMASH »

Babeinbucland wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:40 pm
reagan SMASH wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:29 pm I rarely post, but as a Duke fan, I needed to say I'm a huge fan of this pick. I find it interesting that they announced him as a center. Regardless, his versatility will be a huge asset.
Post more lurk less :)
Aw thanks, I appreciate it. But I'd be a terrible general poster. I enjoy reading posts from those who know a lot more than me about the Xs and Os of the game, how our players fit our system, etc. I do pop in when someone has a question about an injury or other medical issue (I'm a physician, so I can contribute there), or in this case, to root on a Duke guy :)
Snake

Post by Snake »

GreatTimes wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:34 pm
I disagree with that post.
Ahh, we got a comedian. Private Joker.