Welcome Graham Barton

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Re: Welcome Graham Barton

Post by Snake »

Verse whooping that ass
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:41 pm He’d be a tall lanky center

Ain't nothing lanky about this dude.
Most hated man in America.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

This is the pick I wanted he will be great
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

We needed this pick
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Snake wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 pm Verse whooping that ass
Doesn't sniff the QB and bullied in the run game but sure.

I already loved Graham as a really strong guard but at center, holy cow. Usually you have your guard helping your center not get overpowered up the middle. Here you're going to have Barton being the anchor.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Snake

Post by Snake »

Doctor wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:09 am
Snake wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:53 pm Verse whooping that ass
Doesn't sniff the QB and bullied in the run game but sure.

I already loved Graham as a really strong guard but at center, holy cow. Usually you have your guard helping your center not get overpowered up the middle. Here you're going to have Barton being the anchor.
He still beat him repeatedly in the pass game. Far more important.

But, he’s not a OT anymore.

For now.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Barton has been projected as an inside OL likely at Center since late season this past year.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:22 pm So why Barton over JPJ? Just curious.

Heard great things about Barton so I'm good with the pick
Why not both?
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:22 pm So why Barton over JPJ? Just curious.

Heard great things about Barton so I'm good with the pick
In a word? Athleticism.
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Licht nailed it with this pick! Filled a weakness and allows Baker another second to throw AND White to run through the tackles. If we can land Cooper Dejean or Nate Wiggins in the second or third, we are golden
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Atlanta picking Penix means they think they are contenders with Cousins. Fluff the Falcons!
Backside

Post by Backside »

Fills a massive need, and seems like he will be a productive player at the least.

I like the fact that JPJ was there and we passed him. Makes Barton not feel like a consolation prize. They liked Barton more, I hope they are right.
Big Irv

Post by Big Irv »

This was truly a fun selection for me. I hardly saw 2 mocks that had us taking the same player. So I had no idea who we would get.

Most places had Barton going #20 to Pittsburgh, so I’d say he went about where everyone expected. Shout out to Peter Schrager from GMFB who nailed our pick.

Licht has a great track record when selecting OL, so I feel good about this one. Glad it’s not another EDGE bust.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Dcbucsfan wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:45 am Atlanta picking Penix means they think they are contenders with Cousins. Fluff the Falcons!
That pick baffled me. Penix is 24 already. You have Kirk Cousins signed to a 4 year/$180 million contract with half guaranteed in the first two years. If you're gonna have your first round QB pick sit for two seasons, you want to draft someone younger.

Aside from the fact that this is a huge reach as most pundits didn't have Penix going until, at best, late first round
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Center was a great position to draft. The big win for us is that the man we landed was arguably the BPA.

With a shorter QB, inside pressure is an absolute killer for our pass game and the IOL was the weakest part of our blocking. Getting a guy to keep the pocket clean and battle the DT's enough to keep their hands out of passing lanes will be a real boon for Mayfield. We also got a guy with the potential to be a 10 to 15 year guy for us. Given the amount of responsibility a center has, that's a big perk. If Barton is what we hope, whoever our next QB is will reap the benefits of this pick too.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Welcome Graham

Can't wait for tomorrow.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Cheb

Post by Cheb »

First impression, I like the pick. Graham Barton was an alternative pick in my big Bucs' mock draft this year and for good reasons. From what I've seen of him, Graham seems very quick on his feet, he's technically sound, and he demonstrates some grit as a run blocker.

Part of me is leery at repeating the same experiment of shoving college tackles into interior positions and hoping they work out, but Graham seems like a solid player so three cheers for optimism. Guys at his size with those kind of movement skills don't grow on trees, even in the NFL.

I'll have to watch some game film of him before I'll stick firmer to any particular opinion.

Welcome to the Bucs, Graham.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Lets trade up for JPJ and stick Barton at OG

8-)
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Sdbucs wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:00 am Lets trade up for JPJ and stick Barton at OG

8-)
There has to be something wrong with JPJ that scared teams for him to slip out of the 1st round. Didn't he have a prior injury?
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Phantom wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:38 am
Honestly that should be a thread of its own
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Cheb wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 am First impression, I like the pick. Graham Barton was an alternative pick in my big Bucs' mock draft this year and for good reasons. From what I've seen of him, Graham seems very quick on his feet, he's technically sound, and he demonstrates some grit as a run blocker.

Part of me is leery at repeating the same experiment of shoving college tackles into interior positions and hoping they work out, but Graham seems like a solid player so three cheers for optimism. Guys at his size with those kind of movement skills don't grow on trees, even in the NFL.

I'll have to watch some game film of him before I'll stick firmer to any particular opinion.

The difference is, this guy played some center in college. He didn't spend his entire career at tackle like Mauch and Godeke
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Think you may be putting a little too much weight on the importance of how many snaps a 20 year old had at a certain position under coach Billy Bob Nobody.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Cheb wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:42 am First impression, I like the pick. Graham Barton was an alternative pick in my big Bucs' mock draft this year and for good reasons. From what I've seen of him, Graham seems very quick on his feet, he's technically sound, and he demonstrates some grit as a run blocker.

He was Dukes starting C as a freshman, was forced to LT for simply being there best blocker.

I like the pick, IOL was our biggest need and we got the best one on the draft. He should be a Pro Bowler for us.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

He was Dukes starting C as a freshman, was forced to LT for simply being their best blocker.

I like the pick, IOL was our biggest need and we got the best one in the draft. He should be a Pro Bowler for us.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

He was Dukes starting C as a freshman, was forced to LT for simply being there best blocker.

I like the pick, IOL was our biggest need and we got the best one on the draft. He should be a Pro Bowler for us.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

:lol: Doc, your copy & paste game is strong
Most hated man in America.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Morning cardio time is film time, so today I was watching some Graham Barton.

I really like what I'm seeing. Barton's hips are VERY quick, which for a center is invaluable. His ability to spin around guys and seal them off with his body is S-tier, he could reach a clinic on how to do a reach block. His ability to move in space and at the second level is also phenomenal, which makes sense given his athletic profile.

I was reading something about who Aaron Donald hated playing against the most recently, and he answered Jason Kelce because his "little fast ass" would always sprint towards double teams and just make life on the interior difficult. I'm not saying that Barton is Kelce, but he definitely has comparable elite speed and quickness for an offensive lineman.

Does Barton need to work on his hand placement and strength and keeping his feet moving in both phases, yeah, but that doesn't concern me, those are all correctable.

I see people labeling Barton as a mauler with a bad attitude and I don't see that too often when watching him play. He's technically sound and most importantly fast as hell; sometimes he will get a pancake against an end who he has 60lbs on, but that won't happen much on the interior. What he will do is consistently out position his man and screen him off, he will pass off doubles and read the field well, he can dance to the second level and hit his target when he gets there. All admirable things.

Barton's physical tools are incredible and he has a solid base that good coaches can work with. I wouldn't put his butt in Canton just yet, and I'm sure that he will undoubtedly take his lumps as a rookie, but I really like what I saw.
Last edited by Cheb on Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Liking this pick a lot the more time passes.

Versatile iOL was probably our single biggest need. And this dude was also BPA on the board, kind of worked perfectly for us. And I saw some fans of other teams really bummed they didn't get this dude.

Really excited for our three picks today, board looks great at the moment.
MRM

Post by MRM »

Lots of potential, super smart guy.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Cheb wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am Morning cardio time is film time, so today I was watching some Graham Barton.

I really like what I'm seeing. Barton's hips are VERY quick, which for a center is invaluable. His ability to spin around guys and seal them off with his body is S-tier, he could reach a clinic on hoe to do a reach block. His ability to move in space and at the second level is also phenomenal, which makes sense given his athletic profile.

I was reading something about who Aaron Donald hated playing against the most recently, and he answered Jason Kelce because his "little fast ass" would always sprint towards double teams and just make life on the interior difficult. I'm not saying that Barton is Kelce, but he definitely has comparable elite speed and quickness for an offensive lineman.

Does Barton need to work on his hand placement and strength and keeping his feet moving in both phases, yeah, but that doesn't concern me, those are all correctable.

I see people labeling Barton as a mauler with a bad attitude and I don't see that too often when watching him olay. He's technically sound and most importantly fast as hell; sometimes he will get a pancake against an end who he has 60lbs on, but that won't happen much on the interior. What he will do is consistently out position his man and screen him off, he will pass off doubles and read the field well, he can dance to the second level and hit his target when he gets there. All admirable things.

Barton's physical tools are incredible and he has a solid base that good coaches can work with. I wouldn't put his butt in Canton just yet, and I'm sure that he will undoubtedly take his lumps as a rookie, but I really like what I saw.
This gets me hyped up
Snake

Post by Snake »

Cheb wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:02 am Morning cardio time is film time, so today I was watching some Graham Barton.

I really like what I'm seeing. Barton's hips are VERY quick, which for a center is invaluable. His ability to spin around guys and seal them off with his body is S-tier, he could reach a clinic on how to do a reach block. His ability to move in space and at the second level is also phenomenal, which makes sense given his athletic profile.

I see people labeling Barton as a mauler with a bad attitude and I don't see that too often when watching him play. He's technically sound and most importantly fast as hell; sometimes he will get a pancake against an end who he has 60lbs on, but that won't happen much on the interior. What he will do is consistently out position his man and screen him off, he will pass off doubles and read the field well, he can dance to the second level and hit his target when he gets there. All admirable things.

He needs to get stronger. he gets blown up sometimes. that'll happen even more on the interior.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

NFL.com has him listed as Center now. Believe he was listed at OT yesterday lol