Rapid Reactions Week 8

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Tnbandwagoner

Re: Rapid Reactions Week 8

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Max wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:30 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:37 pm

If something doesn't work 22 times, you're a fool for blaming 1 person.

22 blitzes and PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES can't get pressure 1 time? Coddle them all you want, but they didn't do their jobs.
Players have to execute better and Bowles has to do a better job at scheming up things and calling plays.

Why blitz 22 times in the first place. We have Cockrell and Desir starting, their receivers suck and they’re starting their third string QB. Just play coverage and make them beat you. Bowles is doing a horrible job with the defense this season.

He’s one of those stubborn smartest guy in the room kind of guys and it’s costing the team.
When the backup that hasn't played in four years puts up 17 points or however many he put up, marching up and down the field several times at will, that's just bad defense, coaching and execution both. The defense today was pathetic.
Nano

Post by Nano »

It was fun having the division for the first 8 weeks or so of the season. But soon it will go back to its rightful owner.
Dread

Post by Dread »

11 Penalties. Gave the Saints 6 first downs off Penalties alone.

Lost the turnover battle 0-3.

Despite all that we had the ball in Brady's hands with 1:41 and a timeout only needing a FG to win.

Saints didn't beat themselves and played their game. We made too many mistakes, obviously.

We'll still finish with a better record and beat them later in the season. But kudos to them for playing clean yesterday.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

What do you guys do to your wives when they buy the wrong item at the grocery store? Compare them to Bob’s wife down the block who never misses an item?

Simien(sp) was 16/29. We should have won this game despite the turnover battle loss and the massive amounts of penalties. I don’t feel any different about this team after yesterday’s performance. I still believe we will show up when it matters.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Cheb wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:40 pm I'll watch the game tomorrow. But just reading the box score, it's really hard to win a game where the turnover differential is -3, and we were still in it prior to the pick-six in the final two minutes.

Was it THAT bad?
yes
Push the damned button already!
nybf

Post by nybf »

Defense5599 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:44 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:37 pm Stupid penalties were the story of the game.... Turnovers did not help but I believe they could have been overcome...

Taunting on White was just immaturity in his part and those two roughing calls were bullshit
So was the horse collar tackle. He grabbed Jameis jersey for fucks sake!!

Sometimes the officials just need to get the shit beat outta them right there on the field!!!
You guys should probably read a fucking rule book before crying on page after page after page about calls.

Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

nybf wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:01 am

Sometimes the officials just need to get the shit beat outta them right there on the field!!!
You guys should probably read a fucking rule book before crying on page after page after page about calls.

Where is the rule about bumping into the Qb twice and not even knocking him down ? 2 roughing calls were complete BS
nybf

Post by nybf »

Jason Bourne wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:04 am

Where is the rule about bumping into the Qb twice and not even knocking him down ? 2 roughing calls were complete BS
The one about hitting his facemask or hitting him a full 2-3 seconds after he throws the ball?
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Is there something in our charter that requires this franchise to elevate any rookie or back-up quarterback for the opposing team to HOF status? Except for last week, I suspect it would be a needle in the haystack search in order to find this clause violated in our team history.
Push the damned button already!
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

IronDog wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:20 am Is there something in our charter that requires this franchise to elevate any rookie or back-up quarterback for the opposing team to HOF status? Except for last week, I suspect it would be a needle in the haystack search in order to find this clause violated in our team history.
Only since Monte Kiffen left the team. It appears to be a defensive curse.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

nybf wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:12 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:04 am

The one about hitting his facemask or hitting him a full 2-3 seconds after he throws the ball?
More like bumping into him and grazing the face mask barely . Gholston certainly didn’t”hit” him .

White penalty in Winston was legit not the others
Dread

Post by Dread »

Just caught the replay on gamepass, that was alot of self-induced errors. Pretty remarkable we had a chance to win it at the end.

Allowed the opponent to score a TD to end the 1st half and open the 2nd half. Usually when that 14pt (13 in this case) swing happens teams never come back. LVD looked really old on both of those TDs, first letting a FB outflank him, then letting a TE block him for that long on the Kamara run.

We extended so many drives with defensive penalties. Offsides, defensive holding, roughing the passer, taunting, etc.

Godwin looked great, so did Tyler Johnson. Evans was able to get behind Lattimore a couple times, Brady missed him that first time but it's good to see Evans get some space vs Lattimore.

Darden needs to be more decisive on his punt returns.

We came out mostly injury free. Now we get a bye to rest up and get healthier.

Overall I'm not concerned. It frustrating to lose to a rival, especially when we're the more talented team this time. We need to play smarter is all. Which we are capable of and have the leadership to correct. Very undisciplined game, I'm sure the coaches will not be happy with a game like that.

Discipline and defense will be the key themes for this Bucs team in the second half of the season. If we correct those two areas I feel good about our chance to repeat. But games like yesterday show what a lesser team can do when you gift them so many opportunities.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Good info... I wasn't bitching about that call but I'll be honest that I didn't know the 'grabbing the nameplate' was considered a horse collar. I always thought it was the threshold of the neckline of the jersey.

I saw Aaron Rodgers get taken down vs Arizona Thursday a very similar way and there was no flag. Maybe the Cards defender was a couple inches lower on the back of the jersey.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This teams age is showing. LVD looked absolutely terrible out there. Gronk couldn't even make it past a handful of plays and looked bad when he was in there. Sherman didn't even play. JPP & Suh were getting MOVED against the run. And I mean moved. I get that JPP is injured but that's not an excuse.

If we had not been trending this way, I wouldn't be concerned. Anyone saying "Ah it's nothing" is letting the Superbowl cloud their judgment. This defense has not looked good at all. At 1st it was just the pass D. Now we're getting run on. 3rd straight game with 100+ against us on the ground. The penalties have been there all season long. We came into the game the 2nd most penalized team.

The only outlier yesterday were the turnovers, but as I pointed out last week it was in the back of my mind that Brady had 7 turnovers in 3 games against the Saints last year. 3 more yesterday. So really that wasn't a surprise.

This is not last years Bucs. That Cowboys win looks so much better now that they are 6-1 but we haven't beaten any other good team. The only other teams we've played with winning records we lost by 2 scores.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

I hate how Bready "Cam Newton"ed the fumble... Gazing at the ball lying on the ground as if to think, "Wow! Where did that come from?"
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

One to forget.

/The End
Don't tread on me
BucsNBrew831

Post by BucsNBrew831 »

JTS only played 9 snaps, it would be nice if he could get more playing time.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BucsNBrew831 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:44 pm JTS only played 9 snaps, it would be nice if he could get more playing time.
You didn't see him get embarrassed by Winston's running?
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

So I'm thinking that #1 seed is still in good shape for the Bucs. Murray is playing on a sprained ankle or knee for Arizona (I don't think he's out though). GB and LAR have difficult schedules compared to the Bucs. The only team is to worry is Dallas. If the Bucs take care of business it can be within reach. Bye week came at a great time too.

Speaking of Cam Newton, bet you he may get a call from the Saints this week.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:45 pm
BucsNBrew831 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:44 pm JTS only played 9 snaps, it would be nice if he could get more playing time.
his pursuit angles were really poor.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:45 pm
He played himself out of that game
Dread

Post by Dread »

I admittedly don't watch much UW football plus JTS opted out in 2020 due to Covid. But did he play alot off the ball like we seem to be asking him these past few games?

I get when you run a 3-4 base defense your edge defenders are technically linebackers, but JPP and Shaq are more Ends than LBs.

I know Tryon is athletic, but open field pursuit/tackling isn't the easiest thing for big guys used to rushing the QB.

Tryon has not looked good in that role imo.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I hate that Skip Bayless is on our bandwagon. He's giving people a reason to hate this team. According to Skip, Trevor Siemian is a greag QB who did well in Denver with a 13-11 record and 30/24 TD/INT ratio. That's embarrassing. And Shannon took him to school saying "Denver has been looking for a QB since Peyton left. If Trevor is so great why isn't he still in Denver?". Skip could only say ask John Elway. God I hate that dude.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Skip is a hot take guy. I don't think he even believes have the nonsense he says.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:52 pm Skip is a hot take guy. I don't think he even believes have the nonsense he says.
I know I'm boarding LUGZ level insanity with this, but it's disgusting. I wish he'd spread that hot garbage all over his beloved Cowboys.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Just hate hearing him throw everyone except Brady under the bus. He even somehow threw Godwin under service.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Moozician wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:20 pm I hate how Bready "Cam Newton"ed the fumble... Gazing at the ball lying on the ground as if to think, "Wow! Where did that come from?"
Tbh, I’m okay with Brady doing that with fumbles. I’d rather turn the ball over in a regular season game than have our 44 year old QB at the bottom of a pile.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:48 pm I hate that Skip Bayless is on our bandwagon. He's giving people a reason to hate this team. According to Skip, Trevor Siemian is a greag QB who did well in Denver with a 13-11 record and 30/24 TD/INT ratio. That's embarrassing. And Shannon took him to school saying "Denver has been looking for a QB since Peyton left. If Trevor is so great why isn't he still in Denver?". Skip could only say ask John Elway. God I hate that dude.
The only bad thing about Brady coming here is having our team right in the middle of the hot take/trolling culture that American sports has turned into recently. I won’t miss hearing the hot takes from the Skips, Stephen As and Cowherds of the world about our team in the future whether they be good or bad. Just go back to talking about the Cowboys and LeBron every day please.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

TJ had a good game, caught everything except the 14 yarder when he thought to hard about getting out of bounds with 32 seconds left. I think he should get even more targets at a higher priority.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:13 pm This teams age is showing. LVD looked absolutely terrible out there. Gronk couldn't even make it past a handful of plays and looked bad when he was in there. Sherman didn't even play. JPP & Suh were getting MOVED against the run. And I mean moved. I get that JPP is injured but that's not an excuse.

If we had not been trending this way, I wouldn't be concerned. Anyone saying "Ah it's nothing" is letting the Superbowl cloud their judgment. This defense has not looked good at all. At 1st it was just the pass D. Now we're getting run on. 3rd straight game with 100+ against us on the ground. The penalties have been there all season long. We came into the game the 2nd most penalized team.

The only outlier yesterday were the turnovers, but as I pointed out last week it was in the back of my mind that Brady had 7 turnovers in 3 games against the Saints last year. 3 more yesterday. So really that wasn't a surprise.

This is not last years Bucs. That Cowboys win looks so much better now that they are 6-1 but we haven't beaten any other good team. The only other teams we've played with winning records we lost by 2 scores.
The defense and lack of discipline are a concern for sure. I wouldn't say "it's nothing", but I still feel confident it's correctable with the talent and leadership on the roster. But I am an optimist ;)

For clarification Brady had 5 turnovers in 3 games vs the Saints last season (2 INTs in week 1 + 3 INTs in week 9 + Zero in the playoffs). So it's 7 INTs & a lost fumble in 4 games vs the Saints since he became a Buccaneer. As USC pointed out, 7 of his 17 Buccaneer INTs have been against the Saints in 4 of his 28 games. That's 41% of his INTs in just 14% of the games.

You're absolutely right that turnovers have been the common theme in the rivalry these last 4 games.

I wouldn't equate the Rams loss to this one. We never really had a chance to win that Rams game, yesterday we had the lead at the 2minute warning and had the ball with 1:41 left just needing a FG to win. But I get that their are some similarities like penalties, slopping play (on the road), etc.

Lots to clean up on defense
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:22 pm TJ had a good game, caught everything except the 14 yarder when he thought to hard about getting out of bounds with 32 seconds left. I think he should get even more targets at a higher priority.
I honestly believe he was dog tired and lost concentration on that play. He caught the ball on the previous play on the opposite side of the field and took a SMACK. Then we ran no huddle and he had to get open, which he did.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

TyJo (no, not THAT one) is Godwin Lite. Less flavor, lower ABV, but still gets the job done. He's earned more playing time. Needs to be a bit "snappier" coming out of his breaks, but the kid has the it factor. It's encouraging to see him have a more prominent role in the offense - albeit without Mr. Big Chest suited up. I like him as WR4 over anyone on the roster.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Rocker wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:36 pm TyJo (no, not THAT one) is Godwin Lite. Less flavor, lower ABV, but still gets the job done. He's earned more playing time. Needs to be a bit "snappier" coming out of his breaks, but the kid has the it factor. It's encouraging to see him have a more prominent role in the offense - albeit without Mr. Big Chest suited up. I like him as WR4 over anyone on the roster.
I'd agree.

I am loving the emergence of Tyler Johnson. And while I love me some Chris Godwin, I also realize that this year is likely his last in Tampa, and having an understudy for him moving forward is an excellent thing.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:22 pm TJ had a good game, caught everything except the 14 yarder when he thought to hard about getting out of bounds with 32 seconds left. I think he should get even more targets at a higher priority.
Uhhh no, he shouldn’t. He struggles in 1 on 1s against 4th CBs and safeties. Don’t want to see him against teams better corners.

Do you think it’s a coincidence that ALL of his catches have come in 3 or 4 WR sets?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Licht evaluates WRs better than anyone.