Justin Fields: Shittsburgh Steeler

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Re: Justin Fields: Shittsburgh Steeler

Post by Doctor »

There's still plenty of time for Fields. In the right situation, which I think pit can be, he can still turn it around. And if Wilson never gives him a shot, he gets to be a FA soon. Controlling your own location is huge for a player, especially QB, looking to redo.

I don't think he'll do it, because the NFL is just hard, but the story is far from written on Fields.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

You're quite the optimist, aren't you, Doc?
Snake

Post by Snake »

It’s easy to dream on Justin Fields. Crazy arm talent. One of the 10 or 15 best physical athletes at the position, in the history of the sport.

He’s also a great example of how physical talent can be rendered relatively ineffective when you run a mental 6.45.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Is that suppose to be like a slow forty metaphor or out of 10?
Snake

Post by Snake »

Both are applicable tbh.

(40 time)
BuccaNOLEer

Re: Where will Justin Fields land?

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:40 am So, it was a 6th and he’s likely a backup. I guess the NFL has spoken.
I said this in another thread. Horrible, horrible trade. You have a guy you spent a first rounder on that has some potential still and all you can get is a sixth round pick??

I can take a shit and get a sixth round pick out of it. Chicago's GM is softer than a rotten peach.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Fields is that bad.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am
Grahamburn wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:40 am So, it was a 6th and he’s likely a backup. I guess the NFL has spoken.
I said this in another thread. Horrible, horrible trade. You have a guy you spent a first rounder on that has some potential still and all you can get is a sixth round pick??

I can take a shit and get a sixth round pick out of it. Chicago's GM is softer than a rotten peach.
Maybe, but he's built a fantastic roster for Williams. I can't remember a situation where a 1st overall QB had a better team.

They've added o line, rb, 2 WRs to go with Moore and Kmet, and had a decent defense already.

Poles has done a fantastic job rebuilding that team on paper.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:13 pm
BuccaNOLEer wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:52 am

Maybe, but he's built a fantastic roster for Williams. I can't remember a situation where a 1st overall QB had a better team.

They've added o line, rb, 2 WRs to go with Moore and Kmet, and had a decent defense already.

Poles has done a fantastic job rebuilding that team on paper.
The Bears know they did a terrible job putting a team around Justin Fields. That's why they worked overtime building that offense. Fields and Luke Getsy were the scapegoats.
Most hated man in America.