NCAA football 2023

This section is for discussing possible future Buccaneers, as well as college football.
Phantom

Re: NCAA football 2023

Post by Phantom »

Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Phantom wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:07 pm Expect the big announcement soon.

Florida State starting process of leaving ACC "will have an ‘Oppenheimer-like’ ripple effect" thru out college landscape, source told @ActionNetworkHQ. As one of biggest TV brands, FSU could land in Big Ten or SEC, and if those aren't options, the Big 12, sources said
Chip Kelly’s vision is gonna come true. College football will ultimately become just one big power 5 conference. Just do away with them all.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

FSU sued ACC
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Did a high school student write that? Good googly moogly, that's sad.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Happy to see Notre Dame have a good offseason, stealing LSU's OC away from Brian Kelly and adding some really good WRs, an area they have been lacking in like crazy the last few years. They just signed a 5-star WR, and got the No. 2-ranked WR in the transfer portal to commit to them. I'm excited for the CJ Carr era to start next year, although he'll have to sit behind Leonard for a season.

Underdogs 7-3 so far this year in the bowl season. The easiest steal was USF the other night. How the heck they were underdog in that game when Syracuse's QB was out made no sense to me. Go Duke. Go North Illinois.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Ah yes… Bowl season….CFP…
Wait….

Since the CFP snub….

star Florida State players like defensive end Jared Verse, running back Trey Benson, tight end Jaheim Bell, defensive tackle Fabien Lovett, and wide receivers Johnny Wilson and Keon Coleman have opted out of the Orange Bowl to pursue careers in the NFL.

No Georgia players have opted out as of Dec. 22. Bowl games are different in the College Football Playoff era. Players are more likely to skip their respective bowl game if they are projected to be high NFL draft selections.

And I guess backup QB Tate Rodemaker will embrace ‘Next MEN Up’ as FSU readies up as 14.5 point DOGS for this contest…

I guess we’ll never know how good this grudge angry pissed off snub bowl matchup would have could have should have been.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

TonyLip wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 4:16 am Ah yes… Bowl season….CFP…
Wait….

Since the CFP snub….

star Florida State players like defensive end Jared Verse, running back Trey Benson, tight end Jaheim Bell, defensive tackle Fabien Lovett, and wide receivers Johnny Wilson and Keon Coleman have opted out of the Orange Bowl to pursue careers in the NFL.

No Georgia players have opted out as of Dec. 22. Bowl games are different in the College Football Playoff era. Players are more likely to skip their respective bowl game if they are projected to be high NFL draft selections.

And I guess backup QB Tate Rodemaker will embrace ‘Next MEN Up’ as FSU readies up as 14.5 point DOGS for this contest…

I guess we’ll never know how good this grudge angry pissed off snub bowl matchup would have could have should have been.
Can't blame the players... never has a bowl game been more pointless.

Looking forward to taking heads point to the result as justification. Wonder what the over/ under would be for 1st time starting in a college gm is..35%?

Edit: and bet the dawgs.. once ga gets up 2 scores, fsu will lose any fight and this game will just snowball.. ga -35.

We might score 10pts.. and I'd doubt that occurs
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

There is speculation circulating in Baton Rouge that Kelly might depart from LSU to join Michigan if Harbaugh leave for NFL
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Wait….

Since the CFP snub….

We all knew this was what was going to happen.
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:08 pm
Wait….

Since the CFP snub….

We all knew this was what was going to happen.
:j :j :j
Kress

Post by Kress »

I soooooooo wish FSU and Georgia would go head to head full strength, and FSU would pummel them (unlike the Bama miracle), then a one-loss Texas wins the playoff, leaving just one undefeated team.

Just to make the result look stupid. Er. Stupid-er.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Insane 4th quarter in that Clemson Kentucky game.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Could be a preview of what’s to come with Notre Dame.
They’ve got some really good recruits coming in, the defense will remain stout, and they just two outstanding WR transfers. There’s a reason the LSU OC jumped ship and went to ND. Could be a future Michigan-like team.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Snake wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:53 pm Insane 4th quarter in that Clemson Kentucky game.
I was over there posting in the wrong thread. That was the essence of college football insanity. Nobody score for 3 quarters, then let's just all go apeshit.
Snake

Post by Snake »

@SaggyBallZ

Brown is auditioning for his job tonight. Let’s see what happens.

If he looks bad in the first half, i wonder if Day brings in The Viking.
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

Snake wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:44 pm @SaggyBallZ

Brown is auditioning for his job tonight. Let’s see what happens.

If he looks bad in the first half, i wonder if Day brings in The Viking.
I am hoping we see both
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

@Snake

Ohio State hired Chip Kelly as OC.

This is going to be really fun to watch. It's either going to be outstanding or a complete shitshow. no in beteween with this one.