Snake's Football Repository Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Snake's Football Repository Thread

Post by Snake »

I had one of these at BZ. Just sharing videos and stories from NFL history.

Kress

Re: Snake's Football Repository Thread

Post by Kress »

Snake wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:57 pm I had one of these at BZ. Just sharing videos and stories from NFL history.

I had never seen that before. That's freaking fantastic.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Marvin Harrison is a real life character from The Wire. Collecting some stories now…
Harrison was sued in a civil lawsuit by Dwight Dixon, a convicted drug dealer, after both were shot outside Chuckie's Garage, a North Philadelphia business owned by Harrison, on April 29, 2008. The two men had been in a fight minutes prior to the shooting over an issue that happened a few weeks earlier, when Dixon and Harrison got into a verbal argument when Harrison denied Dixon entry into Playmakers, a sports bar owned and operated by Harrison. Dixon alleged that Harrison was the gunman who shot at him.

On January 6, 2009, Philadelphia District Attorney Lynne Abraham confirmed that the gun used was the same model as Harrison's gun that fired shots at Dixon but they had been unable to determine who pulled the trigger.

The Philadelphia District Attorney also stated that she was not going to pursue charges in this case due to conflicting witness statements. In fact, within a week of the first shooting, Marvin Harrison was not considered a suspect. Dixon, who had initially given the police a false name and claimed he was robbed by two men when interviewed at the hospital, was subsequently convicted of filing a false report for this incident on January 28, 2009. Dixon was sentenced to 6 months probation. Dixon's attorney reportedly sought a new trial as the conviction violated Dixon's parole in an unrelated case.

Harrison is also being sued by Robert Nixon, a victim caught in the crossfire of the shooting who identified Harrison as the shooter in a statement to police.
Dixon died on July 21, 2009, after he was shot several times while in his car outside a building two blocks away from Harrison's sports bar. At the hospital after the shooting, detectives questioned Dixon before surgery and he stated that it stemmed from the Harrison incident years prior and Harrison had hired a gun man to shoot him. An informant also made a statement asserting the gunman that killed Dixon was Lonnie Harrison, Marvin Harrison's cousin.

On June 16, 2010, Shaun Assael of ESPN The Magazine reported that police confiscated a 9mm handgun from Harrison during a routine traffic stop on Wednesday in Philadelphia.
Police tested the gun to see if it matched three spent 9mm shell casings that ended up inside the truck driven by Dwight Dixon at the scene of an April 2008 shooting. Dixon, who eventually was shot and killed after filing a civil lawsuit, claimed that the casings came from a second gun that Harrison fired. Authorities already have matched other bullets to a separate gun that Harrison owns—and that he stated was in his home on the day the shooting occurred. Police found the gun during a search of Harrison's Escalade. The stop occurred as Harrison drove the vehicle the wrong way on a one-way street. Harrison claimed he did not have a gun. But police believed they saw Harrison put what appeared to be a weapon in the console between the two front seats. They concluded that they had probable cause to search the vehicle, and they found the gun. Harrison was not charged.

https://www.espn.com/espnmag/story?id=3827402
Before Super Bowl XLI, reporters asked Peyton Manning about his receiver's reticence. The QB said he didn't know Harrison well until he visited him in Philly one off-season. "There's a Marvin in Philly and a Marvin in Indianapolis," he said. Even around his teammates, the Indy Marvin barely says a word.
Harrison was catching passes from Manning as Jets ball boys shagged punts from New York's Matt Turk. One of them, a 23-year-old Long Islander named Matt Prior, threw a ball downfield that bounced near Harrison. According to a New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority report—and two people on the field—No. 88 felt the toss violated his personal space. He charged Prior, bumping him in the chest.

"You threw the ball at me!" Harrison screamed. "You're a professional! You should do your job better than that!" Everyone on the field froze. Prior asked Harrison to back away. Instead, Harrison grabbed Prior by the throat and lifted him off the ground.
On the evening of Feb. 10, 2005, three nights before the Pro Bowl, he and two men were walking along a row of stores at the Hilton Hawaiian Village hotel in Honolulu. According to a police report—and a witness—Harrison was talking on his cell when a group of teenage fans asked for his autograph. Harrison declined, and when the fans kept pestering him, he and his friends turned on them. The Pro Bowler took a swing at one fan, then grabbed him by the throat and put an arm around his neck. After more scuffling, Harrison and his friends ran off, leaving one of the teenagers beaten
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Yeah, Harrison is a piece of shit. That long snapper though, those kids are usually pretty fucking big guys. I'm surprised that one didn't end poorly for Marvin.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Anybody following this?
nybf

Post by nybf »

It's surprising that a piece of shit turned out to be a piece of shit.
Snake

Post by Snake »

nybf wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:34 am It's surprising that a piece of shit turned out to be a piece of shit.
No way man. he’s just a simple farm boy who likes to play the foosball. #gunslinger
Snake

Post by Snake »

How does an NFL QB hold a football? Well, it depends...

Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Two words come to mind reading this thread......

RRRRACK HIM!!!!!
Snake

Post by Snake »

“A week in the life of an NFL head coach“
Monday

5:50 a.m. Wake up on office couch

6-8 Review opponent game tape

8-8:15 Call Ingrid (wife)

8:15-8:30 Breakfast with LS Morgan Cox, K Justin Tucker, P Sam Koch and QB Joe Flacco

8:30-8:45 Meet with team president Dick Cass

8:45-9:15 Meet with assistant GM Eric DeCosta

9:15-9:45 Prep for team meeting

9:45-10:15 Meet with senior offensive assistant Craig Ver Steeg

10:15-11:15 Review opponent game tape

11:15-11:45 Meet with player leadership committee

11:45-12:15 p.m. Lunch with Ingrid and Alison (10-year-old daughter)

12:15-1 Sit in on special-teams meeting

1:00-1:20 Team meeting

1:20-2:45 Sit in on offense and defense meetings

2:45-3:35 Meet with GM/Executive VP Ozzie Newsome

3:35-4 News conference prep with Kevin Byrne, senior VP of public and community relations

4-4:25 News conference, local TV interview, Ravens TV interview

4:30-5:30 Work out

5:30-5:45 Call from John Madden

5:45-6:20 Dinner with assistant coaches

6:20-6:30 Review last game's plays for submission to officials

6:40-6:50 Meet with head athletic trainer Mark Smith

7-11:15 Watch upcoming opponent tape

11:30 Sleep on office couch
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/100 ... n-magazine
Big Irv

Post by Big Irv »

Snake wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:27 pm “A week in the life of an NFL head coach“
Monday

5:50 a.m. Wake up on office couch

6-8 Review opponent game tape

8-8:15 Call Ingrid (wife)

8:15-8:30 Breakfast with LS Morgan Cox, K Justin Tucker, P Sam Koch and QB Joe Flacco

8:30-8:45 Meet with team president Dick Cass

8:45-9:15 Meet with assistant GM Eric DeCosta

9:15-9:45 Prep for team meeting

9:45-10:15 Meet with senior offensive assistant Craig Ver Steeg

10:15-11:15 Review opponent game tape

11:15-11:45 Meet with player leadership committee

11:45-12:15 p.m. Lunch with Ingrid and Alison (10-year-old daughter)

12:15-1 Sit in on special-teams meeting

1:00-1:20 Team meeting

1:20-2:45 Sit in on offense and defense meetings

2:45-3:35 Meet with GM/Executive VP Ozzie Newsome

3:35-4 News conference prep with Kevin Byrne, senior VP of public and community relations

4-4:25 News conference, local TV interview, Ravens TV interview

4:30-5:30 Work out

5:30-5:45 Call from John Madden

5:45-6:20 Dinner with assistant coaches

6:20-6:30 Review last game's plays for submission to officials

6:40-6:50 Meet with head athletic trainer Mark Smith

7-11:15 Watch upcoming opponent tape

11:30 Sleep on office couch
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/100 ... n-magazine
Lol @ DickCass
Snake

Post by Snake »

Snake

Post by Snake »

I sometimes wonder what NFL players do after retirement. Or pro athletes in general.

Former MVP Shaun Alexander provides some content:
Q: What is a typical day in the life of Shaun Alexander like?

A: I wake up at about 5:30 a.m. and I'll either study the Bible or speak with someone about it. I usually do that until about 8 a.m. At 8 a.m. I do a family Bible study and 9 a.m. is usually breakfast. From 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m., I usually chat with my wife about life, sometimes about business, or sometimes about Jesus. From 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. is what I call, "S-A-E" (Shaun and Enterprises). That time is dedicated to my structural business, my award, "Ministries", or consulting. I'm usually doing one of those four things. From 1:30 p.m.- 4:30 p.m., I'm doing something related to home schooling for my kids, or spending time with them. At 5 p.m., we usually have a big family dinner. Six to 8 p.m. is typically family time, and our kids are usually being put to bed from 8 to 9 p.m. We are also currently expecting our 11th child. From 9:30 to 10:30, I'm spending time with my wife, Valerie, again.
Reading the bible, chilling, hanging out with his family, and banging his wife.

Could be worse.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

11 children and home schooling them? Could be worse?
Snake

Post by Snake »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:47 pm 11 children and home schooling them? Could be worse?
I’d bet there’s a team of nannies and educators.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Sounds boring af, all that bible study.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Backside wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:57 pm Sounds boring af, all that bible study.
(He’s not actually spending 4 hours on bible study.)

What we say vs what we do
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

After 11 kids I’d imagine it could take an hour.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:49 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:47 pm 11 children and home schooling them? Could be worse?
His wife takes care of their kids. Her job is being mom. He has spoken publicly many times about his family and that he is deeply religious. They both tutor their kids. There is no "team of nannies."
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:14 pm After 11 kids I’d imagine it could take an hour.
I would last an hour
Snake

Post by Snake »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:18 pm
Snake wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:49 pm

His wife takes care of their kids. Her job is being mom. He has spoken publicly many times about his family and that he is deeply religious. They both tutor their kids. There is no "team of nannies."
11 kids. Multi-millionaire.

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:21 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:18 pm

11 kids. Multi-millionaire.

So you are calling him a liar? Unlike you, I have actually read stories about him and his family. I can promise you, he has no nannies
Alexander’s daylong job hasn’t changed the past five years. He has turned his suburban mansion into a classroom as he and his wife home school their expanding family of seven children.
His mansion has six bedrooms on an acre of property, but is relatively modest compared to some athletes’ abodes. Alexander had contemplated a bigger home with significantly more acreage, especially after signing an eight-year, $62 million deal with the Seahawks in 2006.

But Alexander and his wife held off on too big a splurge, wanting to make sure they could handle the expense longterm. That proved prescient, because not all the money was guaranteed and Alexander’s career lasted fewer than three more seasons.
https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... g-on-home/
Snake

Post by Snake »

Is that four kids ago?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:55 pm Is that four kids ago?
Did you read the article. I am using a period because you clearly either did and have nothing or you didn't and still have nothing
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

@Snake is an admitted conspiracy theorist and liar. Things like truth or facts dont apply to him. Just his own agenda, narratives and made up hypotheticals. So take what he's assuming with a grain of salt.
Most hated man in America.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:14 pm @Snake is an admitted conspiracy theorist and liar. Things like truth or facts dont apply to him. Just his own agenda, narratives and made up hypotheticals. So take what he's assuming with a grain of salt.
What is a message board if not a place for conjecture?
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 7:14 pm @Snake is an admitted conspiracy theorist and liar. Things like truth or facts dont apply to him. Just his own agenda, narratives and made up hypotheticals. So take what he's assuming with a grain of salt.
Makes sense