Your Bucs 2023 end of season record prediction contest

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BuccaNOLEer

Re: Your Bucs 2023 end of season record prediction contest

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Beat the Saints, you win the division. In any tiebreaker, you have the two game sweep over the Saints and a better divisional record over Atlanta.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:19 pm Beat the Saints, you win the division. In any tiebreaker, you have the two game sweep over the Saints and a better divisional record over Atlanta.
I believe they win either of the next two they win the division. But, yes. I think we’d all prefer to clinch at home against the Saints.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Snake wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:08 pm There’s way too many winnable games. I’ll say that much.
Yep.

Especially when your division is complete ass.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Doctor wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:36 pm Week 1, Sept. 10: at Minnesota Vikings – 1 pm ET on CBS

Win 1-0

Week 2, Sept. 17: vs. Chicago Bears – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 2-0

Week 3, Sept. 25: vs. Philadelphia Eagles – 8:30 pm ET on ABC (MNF)

LOSS 2-1

Week 4, Oct. 1: at New Orleans Saints – 1 pm ET on FOX

LOSS 2-2

Week 5: BYE WEEK

Week 6, Oct. 15: vs. Detroit Lions – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 3-2

Week 7, Oct. 22: vs. Atlanta Falcons – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 4-2

Week 8, Oct. 26: at Buffalo Bills – 8:25 pm ET on Amazon Prime (TNF)

LOSS 4-3

Week 9, Nov. 5: at Houston Texans – 1 pm ET on CBS

WIN 5-3

Week 10, Nov. 12: vs. Tennessee Titans – 1 pm ET on CBS

WIN 6-3

Week 11, Nov. 19: at San Francisco 49ers – 4:05 pm ET on FOX

LOSS 6-4

Week 12, Nov. 26: at Indianapolis Colts – 1 pm ET on CBS

WIN 7-4

Week 13, Dec. 3: vs. Carolina Panthers – 1 pm ET on CBS

WIN 8-4

Week 14, Dec. 10: at Atlanta Falcons – 1 pm ET on CBS

LOSS 8-5

Week 15, Dec. 17: at Green Bay Packers – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 9-5

Week 16, Dec. 24: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars – 4:05 pm ET on CBS

LOSS 9-6

Week 17, Dec. 31: vs. New Orleans Saints – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 10-6

Week 18, TBD: at Carolina Panthers – TBD
WIN 11-6

Split with the Saints and Falcons, sweep the Kitties, win the division at 11-6. It's going to be a bumpy ride.
If we win out this won't be half bad.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I had us going 20-0.

I can live with 14-7.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Overly optimistic fans are insufferable.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Bump
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Deja Entendu wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:19 am
Babeinbucland wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:33 pm
Week 1, Sept. 10: at Minnesota Vikings – 1 pm ET on CBS

LOSS 0-1

Week 2, Sept. 17: vs. Chicago Bears – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 1-1

Week 3, Sept. 25: vs. Philadelphia Eagles – 8:30 pm ET on ABC (MNF)

LOSS 1-2

Week 4, Oct. 1: at New Orleans Saints – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 2-2

Week 5: BYE WEEK

Way too early of a bye. BS with the longer season

Week 6, Oct. 15: vs. Detroit Lions – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 3-2

Week 7, Oct. 22: vs. Atlanta Falcons – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 4-2

Week 8, Oct. 26: at Buffalo Bills – 8:25 pm ET on Amazon Prime (TNF)

LOSS 4-3

Week 9, Nov. 5: at Houston Texans – 1 pm ET on CBS

WIN 5-3

Week 10, Nov. 12: vs. Tennessee Titans – 1 pm ET on CBS

WIN 6-3

Week 11, Nov. 19: at San Francisco 49ers – 4:05 pm ET on FOX

LOSS 6-4

Week 12, Nov. 26: at Indianapolis Colts – 1 pm ET on CBS

WIN 7-4

Week 13, Dec. 3: vs. Carolina Panthers – 1 pm ET on CBS

WIN 8-4

Week 14, Dec. 10: at Atlanta Falcons – 1 pm ET on CBS

WIN 9-4

Week 15, Dec. 17: at Green Bay Packers – 1 pm ET on FOX

WIN 10-4

Week 16, Dec. 24: vs. Jacksonville Jaguars – 4:05 pm ET on CBS

LOSS 10-5

Week 17, Dec. 31: vs. New Orleans Saints – 1 pm ET on FOX

LOSS 10-6

Week 18, TBD: at Carolina Panthers – TBD
WIN 11-6

The schedule seems to be in our favor with the NFCS, AFCS, and NFCN all being weaker/in transition divisions. Offsets having to face the Eagles, Niners, and Bills coming off the years they’ve had.

I think 10-7 is likely and we drop another divisional game, probably against the Panthers. I’m hedging my bets though with it being so early.
Missed the record by 2 games (really 1 in my mind bc I figured we wouldn’t have actually swept 2 divisional opponents).

But all in all not too bad nailing 11 of the outcomes.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:36 am
Doctor wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:05 pm I mean it's not as huge of a gap as people make it seem. For one, teams evolve during the season. You're never the same team you were at the start. With that said if they can vibe enough on offense to get to points against the Vikings and Bears they can get a hot start, then you have the Eagles. They get to see exactly how they play and measure up against the NFC rep, the standard for the Super Bowl. If they come away feeling good, that sets the tone for the season.

I think the defense can start fast and still get better with the season. But overall it's going to come down to this offensive line gelling and the offense rolling. We're scheming our weapons open and we have pretty darn good weapons. Steelers, Jets, Ravens are a great preseason warm up. Two good teams in the Vikings and Bears. It's a good set up for a pre-test to where we are. Then we get a BYE and then get to make changes and grow thru 13 more games before showtime. It's a good schedule with a good bench test every 3 weeks (Eagles, Bills, 9ers, Jags).
Whoa.
Still waiting on that OL to gell up. Actually that's unfair, they actually started gelling really nicely over the last month until our iOL started showing that we have no answer to a damn bullrush. I know the knee jerk reaction is going to be "fix it with a draft pick" like it was for OT, but just like Luke G maybe more time and development is the answer? Or put meaty Matt back in there, because Stinnie, Mauch, and Hainsey are all literally being put on their asses last two weeks.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:31 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:36 am

Whoa.
Still waiting on that OL to gell up. Actually that's unfair, they actually started gelling really nicely over the last month until our iOL started showing that we have no answer to a damn bullrush. I know the knee jerk reaction is going to be "fix it with a draft pick" like it was for OT, but just like Luke G maybe more time and development is the answer? Or put meaty Matt back in there, because Stinnie, Mauch, and Hainsey are all literally being put on their asses last two weeks.
You're not wrong. Cody Mauch had probably his worst game as a pro against the Panthers yesterday.

As far as fixes, I wouldn't mind getting a good left guard in the draft, but that goes against Licht's Patented Offensive Line Strategy, so I ain't gonna hold my breath.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

The entire IOL needs to be reworked. Stinnie is who we thought he was. Hainsey couldn't beat me in a push-up contest. Can't tell you 1 thing Mauch does well.

Everybody doesn't have to be Tristian Wirfs. But it's nice having some hogs up front.
Most hated man in America.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:54 pm

You're not wrong. Cody Mauch had probably his worst game as a pro against the Panthers yesterday.

As far as fixes, I wouldn't mind getting a good left guard in the draft, but that goes against Licht's Patented Offensive Line Strategy, so I ain't gonna hold my breath.
I mean Licht has gone after guard guards plenty in the draft, FA, and thru trades. Nor is kicking an OL inside uncommon in general. But the fact that Luke is so much better outside has made us sour in the practice.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 6:07 pm

I mean Licht has gone after guard guards plenty in the draft, FA, and thru trades. Nor is kicking an OL inside uncommon in general. But the fact that Luke is so much better outside has made us sour in the practice.
Really? Let's take a trip down memory lane.

Jason Licht has managed 10 drafts for the Buccaneers thus far, a total of 72 picks, enough picks to draft every starting offensive and defensive position three times and still have six picks left over to throw towards bamboozling second round kickers. Guess how many offensive guards Jason Licht has drafted in that time. One would imagine that given those numbers, he should have drafted somewhere around six of them, give or take. But no. If you guessed "one" (Kadeem Edwards, 10 years ago), then you are correct.

How about trades? We have traded for two offensive guards in Licht's tenure, both New England castoffs. A fourth rounder and fifth rounder for Logan Mankins and Shaq Mason respectively, who COMBINED for a total of 48 games in Tampa pewter before leaving.

But surely we've added a few guards in free agency over the last ten years. Sure we have, six of them. Here they are:

Matt Feiler (converted tackle)
Aaron Stinnie (converted tackle)
Earl Watford (never played a down in Tampa)
Adam Gettis (never played a down in Tampa)
JR Sweezy (converted defensive tackle)
Oneil Cousins (converted tackle)

Not exactly a stellar list of linemen, and half of them were offensive tackles who were (again) bounced inside to guard. The other three are two guys who never played a snap in Tampa Bay and a converted defensive tackle.

Jason Licht, for whatever reason, is allergic to acquiring offensive guards that are actually, you know, GUARDS. And we have consistently sucked at blocking on the interior for these last ten years. Almost like there's a common thread through four different coaching regimes and god knows how many offensive coordinators and systems.

Wonder what it could be.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Licht played OG before being converted to DT in college.

I can’t help but think this is related.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:59 pm The entire IOL needs to be reworked. Stinnie is who we thought he was. Hainsey couldn't beat me in a push-up contest. Can't tell you 1 thing Mauch does well.

Everybody doesn't have to be Tristian Wirfs. But it's nice having some hogs up front.
I’ll give Mauch an NFL offseason to show improvement, much like Goedeke has. Hainsey is mid, but LG absolutely needs to be addressed.

Based on where we’re picking, give me Graham Barton from Duke or Troy Fautanu from Washington to plug in there. (Sorry Cheb, their LTs but will be OGs lol)
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

To be fair, a lot of those conversion happen before Licht. On prior teams. Because, you know, it's not uncommon to move around.

If a guard who had only ever played guard is your definition of a real guard, okay I guess. But you're not wrong, JL definitely sees time at tackle as a plus.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Go look at the snaps on PFF and you will see not many were from the LG position.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:59 pm The entire IOL needs to be reworked. Stinnie is who we thought he was. Hainsey couldn't beat me in a push-up contest. Can't tell you 1 thing Mauch does well.

How many years on that?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Kona wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:06 pm

I’ll give Mauch an NFL offseason to show improvement, much like Goedeke has. Hainsey is mid, but LG absolutely needs to be addressed.

Based on where we’re picking, give me Graham Barton from Duke or Troy Fautanu from Washington to plug in there. (Sorry Cheb, their LTs but will be OGs lol)

It could be a matter of the product coming from college football and being no where near ready. I think multiple changes on the o-line just starts the amount of reps all over to get right. Tackles move in because it's already been decided they will get destroyed playing outside. I did put thought into getting road graders to become a good running team but then kiss the other stuff (positions) goodbye.
Kona

Post by Kona »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:28 pm
Kona wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:06 pm

It could be a matter of the product coming from college football and being no where near ready. I think multiple changes on the o-line just starts the amount of reps all over to get right. Tackles move in because it's already been decided they will get destroyed playing outside. I did put thought into getting road graders to become a good running team but then kiss the other stuff (positions) goodbye.
There’s just not a true 1st round OG to be had this year from what I’ve seen. Barton and Fuatanu both have good size for the position and athletic enough for pro bowl potential.

We’re out of the QB conversation via draft unless we decide to not resign Baker and trade the farm. OLB/DE could be a possibility depending on who falls (Shaq is a goner). I really like Tyler Nubin (S) and wouldn’t hate that pick either. Could be the perfect compliment to Winfield (Gopher bros)
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Kona wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:47 pm

There’s just not a true 1st round OG to be had this year from what I’ve seen. Barton and Fuatanu both have good size for the position and athletic enough for pro bowl potential.

We’re out of the QB conversation via draft unless we decide to not resign Baker and trade the farm. OLB/DE could be a possibility depending on who falls (Shaq is a goner). I really like Tyler Nubin (S) and wouldn’t hate that pick either. Could be the perfect compliment to Winfield (Gopher bros)
I'm with you on the Tyler Nubin bandwagon. He's (probably) the best safety in the draft, and the biggest hole in our horrendous pass defense is the strong safety position.

The only thing better than one great Gopher safety is two of them.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Kona wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:47 pm

Whoever it would be that gets put on our o-line will have to face all of the established o-line hunters till they say he's not easy.
DeJean, Nubin, and Q Mitchell. Likely not to have DeJean around and I'm thinking Mitchell over Nubin with a tradedown.

With Dean and Davis it's been too much of a high priced season clown show. Maybe they could finish out their careers as productive back-ups with us.

Did you see Dean piddling down the sideline and then saying ohh look a fumble..
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

And our winners are…. @Rocker and @Deja Entendu who accurately predicted the winners and losers of 11 of 17 games.

@GoldenBudda and @Cheb came in second with 10 games correctly predicted.

The rest of us pretty much sucked

Having said all of that - I am pretty tired and may have missed a score or two. So please correct me if I miscalculated.
I said what I said

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Thanks for counting all those up.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

You’re all WINNERS!
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Doctor wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 8:21 am Thanks for counting all those up.
It made me want to pass out lol
I said what I said