Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 18

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 18

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

It wasn’t pretty, but we had a field goal winning game in 2002 as well when pretty boy Rob Johnson had to step in at quarterback. I have no business comparing this season to a Super Bowl winning season, but I’m going to, so buckle up.

1.) What’s the line? “Pro Bowl my ass! I’m going to San Diego!” With Antoine Winfield’s play we can ride him to Vegas.
2.) Funny our kicker’s name is Chase as he’s never missed a kick where we’ve had to chase points.
3.) 2023 sack leader Yaya Diaby.
4.) This may be the first game since 2020 where a cornerback didn’t get hurt or missed a game because of injury and we produce a shutout. Coincidence?
5.) JTS produces and Gaines himself a strip sack.
6.) I thought Mayfield was good to start about a baker’s dozen worth of games this year, but the dude has shown some grit and hobbled his ass out there every week. I however, am a lifetime Bucs fan and remember a broken ribbed Brad Johnson getting our team embarrassed against the Eagles in the playoffs. Heal up or put Trask in.

Dislikes:
1.) It’s not a Sunday afternoon if Trey Palmer isn’t dropping passes and fumbling balls. Guess it’s a good thing we’re playing Monday night in Super Wild Card Weekend.
2.) This game was like all our opening drives. No touchdowns.

Random:
1.) Quick game. The only thing faster than this game was how fast I lost my money gambling in Vegas. Just kidding, I actually came back with more money. Anything fast happened in the hotel room.
2.) It was good to have Kenny Albert call one of our games this season, but they did Vilma wrong not giving him the Saints game in Week 18. I know the Saints game was on CBS, but we actively had an announcer rooting against us.

I don’t think Todd Bowles was ever in danger of losing his job after the December run, but it’s good he got the win and the team into the playoffs. No one gave us a shot this season often ranking us one of the bottom teams with the Cardinals. I’m not saying I have full confidence in Bowles, but on this cashed strapped season it’s quite the feat to be where we’re at. History books don’t care about the record. Three NFC South titles in a row, and the playoffs for the fourth consecutive year with a Super Bowl win. It’s not a dynasty or anything, but it’s as good as it’s ever been for Bucs fans.
Bootz

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 18

Post by Bootz »

Amazing as usual! And as always thank you for another great regular season of your post game analysis. Look forward to hopefully a few playoff post game analysis.
Most hated man in America.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Sorry to hear about the fast stuff in the hotel room.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:36 am Sorry to hear about the fast stuff in the hotel room.
Not sorry. Hookers tend to work quickly, hence the fast comments. You don't pay a hooker to fuck you. You pay her to leave.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:28 am
13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:36 am Sorry to hear about the fast stuff in the hotel room.
Not sorry. Hookers tend to work quickly, hence the fast comments. You don't pay a hooker to fuck you. You pay her to leave.
Interesting. So, the difference between a hooker and a wife is one gets paid to leave... the other takes money endlessly and stops providing service the day after you get married. (joking, just joking).
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Welcome Back. Thanks for the effort as always. Did you catch Vilma saying that Devin White is one of the best LBs in the league? :lol:
I'm going to get a little pissy here, so forgive me......The Defense had 14 points called back on them, we got very lucky. We're also lucky that their Defense goes to the same School of Hands as Carlton Davis as they dropped 2-3 possible picks. The OL has not looked good the last 2 weeks, and Edmonds should get more running plays than White, it's just painful to watch him run straight into nothing over and over. What would a Carolina game be without Mike Evans dropping a sure TD. Next time Shaq laughs after going Offsides, Todd Bowles needs to give him the AB treatment - Get the #$@* out of here.

Ok, now that I have said that, we have the same record as everyone else, anything can happen. We need to be prepared to play aggressive in all phases because we ain't beating ANYONE playing good ole Buc Ball. If Baker isn't 100%, I'm not sure Trask playing his first game against the Eagles in a Playoff Game is much better, but we really need to think about that possibility because 80% Baker isn't too pretty.