Who would you rather…

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Babeinbucland

Who would you rather…

Post by Babeinbucland »

Cowpaddies or Iggles in the playoffs and why?
I said what I said

Snake

Re: Who would you rather…

Post by Snake »

From a statistical standpoint, you’d want the Eagles. The ‘Boys have a top 5 offense and defense.

On the other hand, the Iggles are battle tested. Sort of in a rough patch right now. Hurts not having the best season protecting the ball.

On the other other hand, we did get beat by Iggles already this season.

On the other other hand, that Buccaneers team isn’t the same team today. Styles make fights, and if the Bucs can get Hurts to throw two INTs again, this offense may capitalize.

Gun to my head, I probably take the Cowboys because god started hating Jerry Jones in 1996.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

If you beat one of them, there's a strong chance you'll still have to beat the other one.l later in the playoffs.

A boxer fights the next man who enters the ring against him. Let it be so.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Only in a situation where #6 beats Detroit and #7 loses to Philly would that happen.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Snake wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:58 pm From a statistical standpoint, you’d want the Eagles. The ‘Boys have a top 5 offense and defense.

On the other hand, the Iggles are battle tested. Sort of in a rough patch right now. Hurts not having the best season protecting the ball.

On the other other hand, that Buccaneers team isn’t the same team today. Styles make fights, and if the Bucs can get Hurts to throw two INTs again, this offense may capitalize.

Gun to my head, I probably take the Cowboys because god started hating Jerry Jones in 1996.
You have a lot of hands.
Kress

Post by Kress »

I think I want the Eagles. The Cowboys just have that "any given Sunday" ability to go nuts on you. The Eagles are much more predictable.

Then again, we're not all that steady.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

I don’t think it matters. I’m not even sure we make the playoffs, and even if we do, we get boat raced be either team.
#optimism
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:56 am I don’t think it matters. I’m not even sure we make the playoffs, and even if we do, we get boat raced be either team.
#optimism
Is this like a whole reverse psychology fan jinx type of deal?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

I’d love to get another playoff crack at the Cowboys.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

eagles seem broken down to me. cowboys like to lay an egg on the road and or in the playoffs. its a tough choice but im gonna go iggles because i still have ptsd from last years wildcard
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:27 am
acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:56 am I don’t think it matters. I’m not even sure we make the playoffs, and even if we do, we get boat raced be either team.
#optimism
No, it’s me thinking five years of Baker is a more true story than the last four weeks of Baker.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:39 am
Grahamburn wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:27 am

No, it’s me thinking five years of Baker is a more true story than the last four weeks of Baker.
So you think we lose to the Saints and Panthers because of Baker? That's the only way we miss the playoffs.
Most hated man in America.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:44 am
acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:39 am

So you think we lose to the Saints and Panthers because of Baker? That's the only way we miss the playoffs.
I can see it happening, yes. If we don’t beat the Saints (I think we lose), the pressure will be on Baker to prove those four weeks were not a fluke, and I think they were, so I see that game as a toss up.
Part of me kinda hopes Baker shits the bed and we do t make the playoffs so that (hopefully) we do t offer him any kind of contract whatsoever.
I also don’t want to make the playoffs just to get gaped by DAL or PHI, which I think would be inevitable IF we make the playoffs.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

You can tell someone benched Cooper in the fantasy playoffs...
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:47 am
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:44 am

I can see it happening, yes. If we don’t beat the Saints (I think we lose), the pressure will be on Baker to prove those four weeks were not a fluke, and I think they were, so I see that game as a toss up.
Part of me kinda hopes Baker shits the bed and we do t make the playoffs so that (hopefully) we do t offer him any kind of contract whatsoever.
I also don’t want to make the playoffs just to get gaped by DAL or PHI, which I think would be inevitable IF we make the playoffs.
You're too late. Expectations have already been exceeded for this team. No one expected us to be in control of our playoff destiny with 2 weeks to go in the year but here we are. Baker will be back.

And here's the beauty of the situation that should quell your concerns. Baker isn't the only reason for the turnaround. The defense has been great. Run game has shown some production. We're not shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties.

So I know you don't actually believe any of this nonsense. You're protecting your hopes that we collapse and trying to sound intelligent. We already beat both of these teams. The Saints come into this game more banged up than they did when we held them to 9 points. And the Panthers have 2 wins. No one expects us to lose both games, not even you.
Most hated man in America.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Kress wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:34 am
Snake wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:58 pm From a statistical standpoint, you’d want the Eagles. The ‘Boys have a top 5 offense and defense.

You have a lot of hands.
Snake aka octopus
Kress

Post by Kress »

Noles1724 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:55 am
Kress wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 9:34 am

You have a lot of hands.
Snake aka octopus

Did you just call him a pus?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Doctor wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:52 am You can tell someone benched Cooper in the fantasy playoffs...
Haha.. look at my roster and tell me you wouldn’t have done the same lol
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:56 am
acmillis wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:47 am

You're too late. Expectations have already been exceeded for this team. No one expected us to be in control of our playoff destiny with 2 weeks to go in the year but here we are. Baker will be back.

And here's the beauty of the situation that should quell your concerns. Baker isn't the only reason for the turnaround. The defense has been great. Run game has shown some production. We're not shooting ourselves in the foot with penalties.

So I know you don't actually believe any of this nonsense. You're protecting your hopes that we collapse and trying to sound intelligent. We already beat both of these teams. The Saints come into this game more banged up than they did when we held them to 9 points. And the Panthers have 2 wins. No one expects us to lose both games, not even you.
1. Our previous wins against these teams has nothing to do with our performance these next two games.
2. Expect us to lose? No, but I’m not necessarily sure expecting us to win either game. Like I said, a toss up.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

I think you will see the saints putting as much pressure on Mayfield as they can. I expect to see the Saints blitzing on almost every down.
Kress

Post by Kress »

GreatTimes wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:57 pm I think you will see the saints putting as much pressure on Mayfield as they can. I expect to see the Saints blitzing on almost every down.
So, White for about 350, then?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Playoff?! Plsyoff?!

Hold your horseS!