RAPID REACTIONS WINNING VS THE JAGUARS

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Noles1724

Re: RAPID REACTIONS WINNING VS THE JAGUARS

Post by Noles1724 »

We demolished two bad teams. The execution has been fantastic (both sides of ball). And I do still question if the recent success isn't fools gold.

If nothing else, confidence can be as priceless as being healthy.. we have both.. happy
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The Packers and Jaguars are competing for a spot in the playoffs, and we beat them badly. They're not a bad team.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Phantom wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:19 pm The Packers and Jaguars are competing for a spot in the playoffs, and we beat them badly. They're not a bad team.
And the game with Atlanta was for control of the division. I’ll take credit away from Bowles every chance I get but they’ve stacked three great wins in a row.

We dominated the Pack and Jags.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

The wins had great positives.

Atl - division lead gm/win.
GB - win at GB in Dec, always big
Jax - first win against opponent over .500

But each gm has their own ?'s

ATL - D solid but O was like a baby giraffe taking their first steps.. which was on par for the gms prior.

GB - their D looked bad, our O never looked so good. Correlation? Label me optimistic. GB overall not a team to fear.

Jax - they came in losing the last 3 and looked the part leaving with 4 Ls in a row. O looked great against a D that I believed to be above average, optimism solidified
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Noles1724 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:47 pm The wins had great positives.

ATL - D solid but O was like a baby giraffe taking their first steps.. which was on par for the gms prior.

GB - their D looked bad, our O never looked so good. Correlation? Label me optimistic. GB overall not a team to fear.

Jax - they came in losing the last 3 and looked the part leaving with 4 Ls in a row. O looked great against a D that I believed to be above average, optimism solidified
I agree. However, the flip side is that the efficiency was off the charts even when correcting for the opponent. At least, when compared to how we were playing. Earlier in the year we might have struggled to score 20 in those games and they would have been nailbiters. Now, we are killing guys if they don't bring an A game. No matter what, there is tangible improvements to be pointed at.

Are we going to win a ring this year, probably not. A playoff win or two isn't out of the question though if we get good matchups.

More importantly, we are getting a clear look at what we could be if we keep Baker. He's probably never going to be a Hall of Fame candidate but his play of late has been superb. We won a title with worse. We are going to have some tough decisions this offseason, these last few games should be fun to watch and start giving answers to those questions.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:14 pm
Noles1724 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:47 pm The wins had great positives.

I agree. However, the flip side is that the efficiency was off the charts even when correcting for the opponent. At least, when compared to how we were playing. Earlier in the year we might have struggled to score 20 in those games and they would have been nailbiters. Now, we are killing guys if they don't bring an A game. No matter what, there is tangible improvements to be pointed at.

Are we going to win a ring this year, probably not. A playoff win or two isn't out of the question though if we get good matchups.

More importantly, we are getting a clear look at what we could be if we keep Baker. He's probably never going to be a Hall of Fame candidate but his play of late has been superb. We won a title with worse. We are going to have some tough decisions this offseason, these last few games should be fun to watch and start giving answers to those questions.
“Won a title with worse.”
You mean 20 years ago when the league then and now are apples to oranges and we had one of the top 3-5 defenses in the history of the league.
Baker has had a really good two game stretch, but let’s not settle for baker mayfield, especially when he’ll command semi-franchise qb money.

If baker continues his play for the remainder of the season and looks really good in the playoff game (not just not bad, but really good) he will force our hand. If he doesn’t, thank him for being good this season and draft an actual franchise qb.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:43 pm
kaimaru wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:46 pm Per PewterReport Podcast: AWJ PASSED the concussion protocol! They held him out due to not risking injury. Awesome news!
When was he in protocol
The in game announcers (shitty as they were) said he went to the locker for for concussion protocol
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

acmillis wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:47 pm
Terry Tate wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 9:14 pm

“Won a title with worse.”
You mean 20 years ago when the league then and now are apples to oranges and we had one of the top 3-5 defenses in the history of the league.
Baker has had a really good two game stretch, but let’s not settle for baker mayfield, especially when he’ll command semi-franchise qb money.

If baker continues his play for the remainder of the season and looks really good in the playoff game (not just not bad, but really good) he will force our hand. If he doesn’t, thank him for being good this season and draft an actual franchise qb.
Call me crazy, but I think we would have beaten the Chiefs with Baker. He'll our defense dominated them so hard we might well have won with Jameis.

Fair points though, but we can't kick him unless we have a solid plan A. It also depends on how much he wants. If he can maintain something close to what we have seen in the last few weeks and if he can finally play like this against tougher comp.

Believe me, I am all for drafting a QBOTF. I'd kill to have a rookie Stroud, Burrow or even Tags. I am just not sure who we get where we draft, that is that guy. If someone can tell me who is in the mid 20s for us to draft, I am all ears. Since Trask appears to be a wasted pick, I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on a later round guy if we keep Baker. You never know, if we get enough talent on offense and Canales can work with a kid, maybe we can find Purdy light in a later round.

Lastly, I thought the season was a wash and I was wrong. We are too good to tank for a pick and probably not good enough to win the whole thing. So we play for momentum. Build something and try to carry a higher level of play into next season. At this point, I think that means keeping Baker
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

The Raiders won this game and they didn't complete a pass since the 1st quarter.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Phantom wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:21 pm The Raiders won this game and they didn't complete a pass since the 1st quarter.
That's shows how shitty Mahommes recklessness is a net negative. He has become the old Baker Mayfield
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:43 pm
Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 11:43 pm

When was he in protocol
The in game announcers (shitty as they were) said he went to the locker for for concussion protocol
https://fishkernfl.com/3414-2/
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:01 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:50 pm

You wonder why KJ Britt started? Really? TO SEND A MESSAGE!!

Guess what, message received. Clearly.
What's the message exactly
“Coach Bowles, he tried to tell everybody… You know, once he got me in a rhythm and got me going, he was going to let me go,” White said. “And that’s what he did. And I really appreciate him, you know, much more than anything because he helped me out. He helped me to be able to get back to myself by taking the game away from me and telling me to go heal up and then bringing me back on my own will when I felt right. I really appreciate him for that.”
Can we put it to bed now, fella? From the horse lover's mouth himself.
Snake

Post by Snake »

But the CBA!!!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Nice try, kiddo. Let's get the full story.
Grahamburn wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:25 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:01 pm

What's the message exactly
“Coach Bowles, he tried to tell everybody… You know, once he got me in a rhythm and got me going, he was going to let me go,” White said. “And that’s what he did. And I really appreciate him, you know, much more than anything because he helped me out. He helped me to be able to get back to myself by taking the game away from me andtelling me to go heal up and then bringing me back on my own will when I felt right. I really appreciate him for that.”
Can we put it to bed now, fella? From the horse lover's mouth himself.
There's a reason you cut off part of the quote to manipulate the meaning.
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Every NFL player 14 weeks into a season could use an opportunity to “heal up.” They don’t all have the head coach make that choice for them. I thought the little tidbit straight from Devin about “taking the game away from me” would have been enough for you.

Anyway. Never change.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:34 pm Every NFL player 14 weeks into a season could use an opportunity to “heal up.” They don’t all have the head coach make that choice for them. I thought the little tidbit straight from Devin about “taking the game away from me” would have been enough for you.

Anyway. Never change.
If you truly thought that you wouldn't have cut off the bolded part of the quote mid-sentence.

You're so far in you can't afford to switch courses now. I hope you do change.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:59 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:34 pm Every NFL player 14 weeks into a season could use an opportunity to “heal up.” They don’t all have the head coach make that choice for them. I thought the little tidbit straight from Devin about “taking the game away from me” would have been enough for you.

Anyway. Never change.
If you truly thought that you wouldn't have cut off the bolded part of the quote mid-sentence.

Nobody cut off anything. I bolded the part where Devin White admitted Todd Bowles benched him. Or, “took the game away” since I’m sure you’ll come back to refute it.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

The idea that any of us can have any real insight into the inner relationship of these two people off random soundbites is hilarious.

That's for the to figure out. Just give me a good product come Sunday.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:19 pm

Nobody cut off anything. I bolded the part where Devin White admitted Todd Bowles benched him. Or, “took the game away” since I’m sure you’ll come back to refute it.
Right. What’s the explanation for that?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 6:19 pm

Again, your bolded part stopped mid sentence for a reason. It completely manipulates the context of the statement to fit your agenda. I don't know if you're playing dumb here or it isn't an act. But clearly you were smart enough not to bold a complete sentence.

And even if we are to believe that Devin is implying what you think he is, he says it was 1 game. You've tried to make the case for weeks that he got benched despite being on the injury report. AND Britt played well in his absence. Commonsense should tell you that you don't bench a guy for bad performance, inactivate him while also placing him on the injury report and then bench the guy who replaced him after his best game.

You painted yourself in this corner when numerous people have told you and proven to you otherwise, even the persons in question here. But you refuse to see things for the truth and are instead choosing to live in your alternate reality. You're living on that hill alone, kiddo. Well no, @Snake is keeping you company there.
Snake

Post by Snake »

We can agree that Devin White was benched for at least one game for non-injury reasons?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Snake wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:03 pm We can agree that Devin White was benched for at least one game for non-injury reasons?
Despite Devin and his HC saying otherwise? Sure, if you want to prove you know more than the actual people involved.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:26 pm
Snake wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:03 pm We can agree that Devin White was benched for at least one game for non-injury reasons?
Despite Devin and his HC saying otherwise? Sure, if you want to prove you know more than the actual people involved.
Hopefully this doesn't drag out..we have bigger fish to fry this week.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Central_Buc wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:04 pm
Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:26 pm

Hopefully this doesn't drag out..we have bigger fish to fry this week.
New here??
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

It really doesn't matter. It's Bootz. There will be silly drama and we will all do our best to navigate through it. Bootz gonna Bootz.