Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Green Bay Packers Official Game Day Thread: Playoff Race Edition

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Jonny

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Green Bay Packers Official Game Day Thread: Playoff Race Edition

Post by Jonny »

Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:51 pm That's gonna be a lot "We're going from Brady to Baker" receipts...
I was among the ones down on Baker signing, but it would not have shocked me to find out he could replicate a statline of 2020 Baker. We are 7-7 with Baker being average overall, but making great strides in being a more patient QB avoiding forceful mistakes like he had in 21 and 22.

The biggest, yet most underrated progress was made on the offensive line from 22 to 23. I was 200% sure our O-line would be hot trash in all departments and the unit to singularly hold the team back. Not only have they been good, but dare I say the Bucs O-line is the strongest unit of our roster? Stronger than D-line, LBs and WRs.

Stating this is irrelevant at this point, but Brady behind this O-line and within this middling scheme would have our Bucs challenging the Eagles and 9ers for 1st seed. Our O-line play last year had Brady shell-shocked, it looked like he would never recover from it again.
Buc2

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ Green Bay Packers Official Game Day Thread: Playoff Race Edition

Post by Buc2 »

Jonny wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:30 pm
Doctor wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:51 pm That's gonna be a lot "We're going from Brady to Baker" receipts...
I was among the ones down on Baker signing, but it would not have shocked me to find out he could replicate a statline of 2020 Baker. We are 7-7 with Baker being average overall, but making great strides in being a more patient QB avoiding forceful mistakes like he had in 21 and 22.

The biggest, yet most underrated progress was made on the offensive line from 22 to 23. I was 200% sure our O-line would be hot trash in all departments and the unit to singularly hold the team back. Not only have they been good, but dare I say the Bucs O-line is the strongest unit of our roster? Stronger than D-line, LBs and WRs.

Stating this is irrelevant at this point, but Brady behind this O-line and within this middling scheme would have our Bucs challenging the Eagles and 9ers for 1st seed. Our O-line play last year had Brady shell-shocked, it looked like he would never recover from it again.
Baker was sacked 5 times yesterday. Yes...once because he held the ball too long. But 4 sacks? That's a lot. That he was able to overcome them is a testament to how dialed in he was all day.

Edit: Sorry. 5 times.
Last edited by Buc2 on Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Don't tread on me
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Brady is done. Amazing career but he met his cliff and wouldn't be doing anything behind this OL.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:35 pm
Jonny wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:30 pm

Baker was sacked 4 times yesterday. Yes...once because he held the ball too long. But 4 sacks? That's a lot. That he was able to overcome them is a testament to how dialed in he was all day.
He was sacked 5 times. He was absolutely dialed in and overcame adversity, but three of those sacks were on him. Every offensive line gets beat a few times every game. As bad as our D-line's performance was, Love also was pressured a few times and threw the ball away most of the times. Baker does not seem willing to lose a down by throwing the ball away.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

It's the two sided sword on extending a play vs holding the ball to long. You got to know when is which.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:12 am
Noles1724 wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:33 pm Didn't disappoint
I mean, the whole Snake "wives are whores" thing alone was worth the price of admission.
Dammit. Your post Made me do a spit take all over my screen! ;(
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:46 pm Brady had 26 total TDs in 17 games. Baker currently has 25 total TDs with 3 games left to go.
With how bad pseudo Brady played last year I am not sure that is a comparison I want.
I said what I said