***OFFICIAL*** Taylor Swift Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Kress

***OFFICIAL*** Taylor Swift Thread

Post by Kress »

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers took care of business in Week 13 with a 21-18 home victory over the Carolina Panthers. Now they're headed out on another business trip in Week 14 with the goal of grabbing a share of first place in the NFC South.

The Buccaneers improved to 5-7 with the win against division-rival Carolina and remained just one game behind the 6-6 Atlanta Falcons with five games to go. The Falcons defeated the Bucs in Tampa in Week Seven and now Tampa Bay will seek revenge in Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Sunday, December 10. Kickoff is scheduled for 1:00 p.m. ET and the game will be broadcast by CBS.

"This is a playoff mentality for us," said quarterback Baker Mayfield after Sunday's win. "Coach Bowles said it last night: We have an eight-day window, including today, that we can be in first place in this division. Take care of business next week and see what happens the rest of the way. It's a one-game at a time mentality. Our guys came in ready to play and we found a way to win. It doesn't have to be pretty. A lot of things to correct, but we found a way to win.'

The Buccaneers and Panthers slogged through a very rainy afternoon and evening on Sunday, before Mike Evans gave the home team the jolt it needed with a 75-yard touchdown catch-and-run, the longest play of his career. Evans finished the game with 162 yards on seven catches, in the process surpassing 1,000 receiving yards for the 10th time in as many NFL seasons, extending his own league record. It was the second straight huge outing for Evans against the Panthers, as he helped the Bucs' clinch the division title in Week 17 last year with 209 yards and three scores, but he's also had a history of success against the Falcons. He has averaged 82.3 yards per game against Atlanta, with 11 total touchdowns, equaling his career-high mark against Carolina.

The Buccaneers will also try to continue a resurgence in their rushing attack, which has recorded its two best games of the season in the last two weeks. Against Carolina, the Bucs rushed for a season-high 128 yards and averaged 4.6 yards per carry. Atlanta's run defense came into the weekend ranked 16th in the league, giving up 112.0 yards per game.

All eyes will be on Tampa Bay's injury report in the week to come, as the team hopes for a return of at least some of the defensive quartet of Lavonte David, Devin White, SirVocea Dennis and Jamel Dean, all of whom missed Sunday's game against Carolina. The Bucs hope to be close to full strength against a Falcons attack that has produced the fourth-most rushing yards in the league, at 139.3 per outing.
Buc2

Re: ***OFFICIAL*** Taylor Swift Thread

Post by Buc2 »

I was gonna give you an lol for the thread title but then realized I didn't know why it was funny.
Don't tread on me
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

So CTE is real
Most hated man in America.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:07 pm I was gonna give you an lol for the thread title but then realized I didn't know why it was funny.
This part:
Kress wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:14 pm the team hopes for a return of Devin White
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

I’ll do it.

Lol
I said what I said

Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

Bijan Robinson had only 1 carry and the Falcons still ran for 156 yards. Their offense like the Bucs averages less than 20 a game. The Falcons blew 3 scores in the last game. 1st and goal from the one and Ridder couldn't handle the snap and turned it over. The Winfield FF which was an inch away from a TD. Shaq had a sack fumble on the 11 which prevented a FG attempt. That game was close to being a blow out. Ridder averaged 10 yards per pass. The Bucs gave up 400 yards of offense.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I thought I was going to read something about Antonio Brown claiming he dated Taylor.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Onthebrink wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:08 pm Bijan Robinson had only 1 carry and the Falcons still ran for 156 yards. Their offense like the Bucs averages less than 20 a game. The Falcons blew 3 scores in the last game. 1st and goal from the one and Ridder couldn't handle the snap and turned it over. The Winfield FF which was an inch away from a TD. Shaq had a sack fumble on the 11 which prevented a FG attempt. That game was close to being a blow out. Ridder averaged 10 yards per pass. The Bucs gave up 400 yards of offense.
And that’s why ATL -2.5 is my lock of the week. Throw in Baker over .5 INT, and you’ve got a nice date night paid for.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kress

Post by Kress »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:44 pm
Onthebrink wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:08 pm Bijan Robinson had only 1 carry and the Falcons still ran for 156 yards. Their offense like the Bucs averages less than 20 a game. The Falcons blew 3 scores in the last game. 1st and goal from the one and Ridder couldn't handle the snap and turned it over. The Winfield FF which was an inch away from a TD. Shaq had a sack fumble on the 11 which prevented a FG attempt. That game was close to being a blow out. Ridder averaged 10 yards per pass. The Bucs gave up 400 yards of offense.
And that’s why ATL -2.5 is my lock of the week. Throw in Baker over .5 INT, and you’ve got a nice date night paid for.

39.5 seems a bit high for a total, too. The Bucs can't score for shit, and Atlanta might throw 3-4 passes all game long.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Kress wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:43 pm
acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:44 pm

39.5 seems a bit high for a total, too. The Bucs can't score for shit, and Atlanta might throw 3-4 passes all game long.
Based upon points scored and opposing defenses give up that gives us:
Bucs 19.6
ATL 19.75
So I would say 39.5 is spot on (39.35). We have two teams who just want to limit possessions (this will probably be the shortest game Sunday). Ridder has 8 Ints and 8 fumbles. Baker 8 Ints and 7 fumbles. Baker had his first turnover in the redzone in forever, and I think IIRC he only had two in field goal range. If DW doesn't play and LVD and Dennis or JJ Russell plays, I think we can stop their running attack. We win, and it's definitely the under. If DW plays, and LVD doesn't, well it definitely can be the over. IMO
Kress

Post by Kress »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:26 pm If DW doesn't play and LVD and Dennis or JJ Russell plays, I think we can stop their running attack.
:lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry:
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I am getting a sense this game will be a blowout. The Flacons will put 52 points up and the Buccaneers will score 6... something like that. Bowles has no Dungy in him so he won't put the peddle to the metal.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Kress wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:57 pm
kaimaru wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:26 pm If DW doesn't play and LVD and Dennis or JJ Russell plays, I think we can stop their running attack.

So you're saying that on running plays that DW is 4.2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage before he touches a running back is NOT a liability? Only one off the ball linebacker is worse in all the NFL
Snake

Post by Snake »

I imagine Devin White rues the day that he turned down a decent contract extension
Kress

Post by Kress »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:22 pm
Kress wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:57 pm

So you're saying that on running plays that DW is 4.2 yards beyond the line of scrimmage before he touches a running back is NOT a liability? Only one off the ball linebacker is worse in all the NFL
No, I was saying your comment about him was funny because it's true, then I was saying it made me sad because it's true.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Snake wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm I imagine Devin White rues the day that he turned down a decent contract extension
Right? More often than not, when players "gamble on themselves" it works out for them. This time? Not so much. He's been actively losing money with each and every game he's put on film this year.
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

13F11B wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:19 am I am getting a sense this game will be a blowout. The Flacons will put 52 points up and the Buccaneers will score 6... something like that. Bowles has no Dungy in him so he won't put the peddle to the metal.
When did Dungy ever "put the metal to the peddle"?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Right?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Doooshnzl wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:50 pm
13F11B wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:19 am I am getting a sense this game will be a blowout. The Flacons will put 52 points up and the Buccaneers will score 6... something like that. Bowles has no Dungy in him so he won't put the peddle to the metal.
When did Dungy ever "put the metal to the peddle"?

Kress

Post by Kress »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Ah, no Rachel Watson photo? Man, I'm so disappointed.