Next win?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Re: Next win?

Post by Doctor »

You must be fun at parties
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Tonight….
Really…..
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Doctor wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:47 pm You must be fun at parties
A laugh-riot!
Push the damned button already!
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

IronDog wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:06 pm
Doctor wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 10:47 pm You must be fun at parties
A laugh-riot!
I will definitely give you an invite to my next shindig
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Jonny wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:20 am
acmillis wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:32 pm

That’s like saying our 2021 offense sucked because we had a bottom five rushing attack….when we were scoring 30/game.
The goal isn’t to be good on third down, have good pressure rates, etc. the goal is to not allow points.
We were saved by Ridder's fumbles. Fumbles are fluky and especially the TD run that turned into a touchback or that unforced fumble at 1 yd line were perfect examples of fluky. Great on defense to capitalize on their mistakes. But a good defense also starts with being suffocating. Bucs have hardly been that. Ridder passed effortlessly throughout the game yesterday. So did Goff.

Yes Bucs are meeting the goal of not allowing points. But it is obvious to me that very soon the day will come when teams start putting up points in bunches. Offenses in general are struggling across the board in NFL. I will contend that our defense is a fraud that will be exposed soon.
There were some of us that saw through the "we have a good defense" illusion from the get go. When the defense has had to make some stops during this 4 game losing streak, it has always felt like the opposing WRs were running routes against air. I'm glad the defense got fully exposed by a rookie QB behind an injured O-line. This is the 2023 Bucs defense. Someone has to pay the price for this abomination.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

It's like they each keep taking turns being the weak link and this week was CD3s turn.
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:53 pm Given what we have seen, what is the next win for the Buccaneers?

Colts?
Panthers?

Will Bowles get his head out of his ass?
Does the team have any hope of turning this shit show around?
I don't think this team is capable of winning another ball game. A team usually takes on the personality of its head coach. And Bowles personality is that clueless look that allows bad things to happen and just shrugs it off rather than doing something to fix it.

The good thing is, if this team loses out, we'll get our franchise QB next year and a couple of good linemen to protect him. That will be something to build on..... for two men not named Bowles and Licht.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

The next best chance for the Bucs to win is next week at home against the Titans. A loss to the Titans would mean a 5 game losing streak which will almost certainly be a 6 game losing streak with the Bucs traveling to the 49's the following week.