Bucs Are "Listeners" at Trade Deadline

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
13F11B

Bucs Are "Listeners" at Trade Deadline

Post by 13F11B »

source - https://www.buccaneers.com/news/todd-bo ... eek-9-2023
That deal made it pretty clear which direction those two teams were headed. But what of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who are one of those 12 teams in the muddled middle? On one hand, the Buccaneers are only a half-game out of first place in the NFC South and they already have a win against New Orleans, one of the two teams tied for first at 4-4. On the other hand, the Buccaneers have lost three of their last four games and haven't necessarily established much of an identity yet on either offense or defense.
Interesting article. Sounds like it could go either way depending on what is out there.
Cheb

Re: Bucs Are "Listeners" at Trade Deadline

Post by Cheb »

If we make any trades at the deadline, I'll be surprised.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bowles/Licht are in job save mode. They aren’t trading anyone away. Still can easily win this division and the Falcons just lost their best defensive player for the season.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I’m sure they did a lot of listening.

They must anticipate more value coming from comp picks, instead of trade compensation for guys like Evans and DW45.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

They can't admit they're selling and they're not close enough that the price to buy would put them over the top for a high seed or better. We're not so hurt that we had to trade a high pick for a dumpster-trash QB like Glassia for example.

There are still 9 games left to go, if we win 6 of 9 we might get a shot... but 3 out of 9 is more likely than 6, trades or no trades. We're crippled where it counts most, at the playcalling level.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I mean if something good comes along you always listen, but you'd hate to waste a post season.