Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 8 (On Friday)

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 8 (On Friday)

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

I have probably referenced every horror movie known to man during the Halloween edition of this write up over the years, including Zombeavers, but there’s one disguise this team always manages sneak in, and that’s how to get to 3-4. Without fail we seem to arrive at this record before our season truly begins more often than not. There were good things to pull out of the game. Nothing the national media or the rest of America will pay attention to, but the season is salvageable.

1.) You could make a decent length highlight reel of Antoine Winfield plays made this season. You couldn’t put November Rain as the highlight music or anything, but you could pick a decent length song. Lap dance length worthy.
2.) Through the frustration of this defense, Anthony Nelson made two plays that kept us in the game as did Dean and Izien. Nelson, Dean, and Izien. I can see Culpepper’s billboard ad space having some competition.
3.) Wirfs fighting through injury like Michael Myers on Halloween night.

4th Read Like:
1.) Do I want to put Baker Mayfield in the Like column? No, I better check it down.

Dislikes:
1.) Hail Mary ball in the air and Godwin’s thinking, “Now that Tom’s gone, should I take back #12 or keep #14?”
2.) Mini bye coming up. With the team relatively healthy, the offense will instead focus on installing a back-up beeper.
3.) I rooted for Goedeke like Goedeke rooted for the Golden Corral to survive Covid lockdowns, but 3 false starts is way too much.
4.) Rough start to the game. If you go for it on fourth down, it’s the wrong call. If you kick a field goal, it’s the wrong call. Best just to punt it. It’s the only thing we do right.
5.) Speaking of punts. The Bills had a punt return that lasted longer than two of our drives.
6.) Logan Hall played in case you were wondering. He even started. Not only does he not show up on the stat sheet, but he somehow avoids the camera. The shark in Jaws had more screen time than him. The shark’s more explosive too.
7.) “You son of a bitch! You left the bodies, and you only moved the headstones!” No, that’s not Craig T. Nelson in Poltergeist. That’s Ichabod yelling at his TV every time the Bucs call a running play.
8.) For Bootz. Lloyd and Harry taught us you can’t triple stamp a double stamp, but who’s going to teach this defense not to fall for the pump fake 9 yards past the line of scrimmage? The quarterback can’t call quitsies or throw the ball.
9.) If I make a horror movie, I’m offing Ryan Neal first.

Random:
1.) Anyone see the Blue Tent Peepers? Nothing to see boys. There’s no Kraft massages going on in there.
2.) Amazon Prime was cheaper when the Bucs started their last touchdown drive than it was when it finally ended.
3.) I was pretty sure by the start of the 4th quarter, I couldn’t have been more disgusted with the game, but then the broadcast showed us a shot of stands, and in this Bills and Bucs game there was a chick wearing a Kansas City Swiftie jersey.

The fire this team had before the bye week has been switched out for Fyre. This team’s earlier promises were a lie and the organizers are frauds. With that said, I know that’s the frustration talking. I have to remind myself that the loss came against a good team and while three losses in a row have made for a pretty miserable month, that it’s going to get better. Growth will happen, it is a process, and we’re 3-4. We’ve been here before.
bucarican

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 8 (On Friday)

Post by bucarican »

I am on pretty much to much drinks hating this stupid performance, buttttttt:

1. If I make a horror movie, I’m offing Ryan Neal first.-------------- This Guy!
Dcbucsfan

Post by Dcbucsfan »

Love these posts!

Ryan Neal = weakest link
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Lap dance from a Zombeaver. Take my money!!
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Also, Zombie Strippers featuring Jenna Jameson is available on Amazon Prime.

In case you’d rather watch something other than Thursday Night Football.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I don't think anyone even mentioned Logan Hall once last night. It's not the same as not mentioning Robert Hainsey. Hall doesn’t do a damn thing. He can be offed right along with Neal in the movie.
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:43 am I don't think anyone even mentioned Logan Hall once last night. It's not the same as not mentioning Robert Hainsey. Hall doesn’t do a damn thing. He can be offed right along with Neal in the movie.
He and JTS got pancaked on a 3rd down play early in the game. That's the only time I noticed him. Him having the same last name as the Hall we could have had, Breece, coupled with the way these RBs look right now just makes me furious.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:35 am
Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 7:43 am I don't think anyone even mentioned Logan Hall once last night. It's not the same as not mentioning Robert Hainsey. Hall doesn’t do a damn thing. He can be offed right along with Neal in the movie.
He and JTS got pancaked on a 3rd down play early in the game. That's the only time I noticed him. Him having the same last name as the Hall we could have had, Breece, coupled with the way these RBs look right now just makes me furious.
It's time to admit those 2 are busts. Plain and simple.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:37 am

I posted it during the game thread, but I'm pretty sure JTS got benched for Nelson last night. Who promptly showed up with a TFL and a sack.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:42 am

I posted it during the game thread, but I'm pretty sure JTS got benched for Nelson last night. Who promptly showed up with a TFL and a sack.
I thought so too but I also thought Shaq had been benched. Both came in later so most likely they were just rotating them to keep them fresh because the defense was on the field for a long time last night.

Nelson has played well for nearly all of his tenure here but he never gets enough snaps IMO. I'd love to see last night's snap count though. Feels like he played a lot.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

Great write up, and on a Friday!

Just got a tweet announcing a new, shocking horror film starring Ryan Neal. Its called "His Tape" And yes, he is killed off in the opening credits.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

njdungeoneer wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:16 pm Great write up, and on a Friday!

Just got a tweet announcing a new, shocking horror film starring Ryan Neal. Its called "His Tape" And yes, he is killed off in the opening credits.
The movie should be Ryan Neal a true life Horror Story. With the sub-title "Killing off Buccaneer Fans Hopes and Dreams One Play at a Time."
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Yup.

Not total garbage, but not worth re-signing.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:07 pm

Yup.

Convince me either one is anything other than total garbage. They literally do nothing productive on the field.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:34 pm
_MB_ wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:07 pm
Yup.

Convince me either one is anything other than total garbage. They literally do nothing productive on the field.
Hyperbole is your realm