Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Creamsicles, turnovers, and no touchdowns. No, it’s not 1989, it’s 2023 and your beloved Tampa Bay Buccaneers put on a game that’d make you question if you’d time traveled overnight. Barry Sanders even has a commercial out there where he unretires, and I must say I was a bit fearful the Lions were going to trot him out for a play and he was going to humiliate us.

1.) Maybe we were sucking on offense just so we could show off Camarda.
2.) Loved Lavonte on LaPorta. The old man was schooling the kid all day.

Dislikes:
1.) Our wide receivers were getting more separation than Will and Jada, yet Baker couldn’t seem to hit them.
2.) Shaq Barrett changed his number this year so combing our two starting outside linebackers’ numbers could honor Buc legend Simeon Rice. Turns out, combining the two of them almost makes one Simeon Rice.
3.) Our third down defense imploded faster than a sub carrying billionaires down to the Titanic.
4.) These Baker tips aren’t going to make you serve the perfect cake at your kid’s next birthday party.
5.) CD3 getting lit up like Chris Conte out there.
6.) I imagine Fournette is at home on his couch with a tub of popcorn laughing at all the holes Rachaad White is missing.

Random:
1.) Kickers never miss against us. It finally happens and we can’t capitalize on it.
2.) Loved the throwbacks. The Bucs replicated the era perfectly even throwing in a ton of the opponents’ fans in our stadium.

By far this was the Bucs worst game of the season. Even against the Eagles we produced a touchdown, the defense had takeaways, and the running game… alright the running game was still abysmal, but with a heathy team after a bye I didn’t expect us to put up a turd. We need these games though. We know we’re not a Super Bowl team. We’re going to have losses like this. It’s what we learn from them and how we respond that’s important. We have the Falcons next week. My favorite rivalry and I want to stomp them hard. No more of this old school suck fest crap.
BuccaNOLEer

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

Like I said in the other thread. 252 yards total offense and only 46 on the ground. Everyone hales Canales as this "young offensive guru" but I just don't see it. Also, get rid of the creamsicle jerseys. In fact, burn them. They don't work.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

The turd that this game was, for me, is on Bowles and his inability to be a quality head coach. I agree about running holes being missed. It is amazing how none of the RBs seem to be able to push for an extra yard as well. Perhaps that is due to their constantly trying to run into the pile instead of the hole.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 7:19 am Like I said in the other thread. 252 yards total offense and only 46 on the ground. Everyone hales Canales as this "young offensive guru" but I just don't see it. Also, get rid of the creamsicle jerseys. In fact, burn them. They don't work.
The question is...

Is it Canales? As much as everyone wants to give Bowles a chance since he did not get to pick his OC... Canales did not get to pick his RB, OL, WR, QB, or TE coach.
Is it the RB coach?
Is it the line coach?
Is it a mismatch is personnel?

I don't blame the jerseys for poor performance, that is on the coaching staff and players.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

We have seen what Mayfield can do against 4 bad teams, and we have seen how Mayfield plays against good teams. The Bucs will probably win the NFCS because the other teams are so bad. But the Bucs will never see the SB or even the NFC Championship game with Mayfield.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

GreatTimes wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:45 am We have seen what Mayfield can do against 4 bad teams, and we have seen how Mayfield plays against good teams. The Bucs will probably win the NFCS because the other teams are so bad. But the Bucs will never see the SB or even the NFC Championship game with Mayfield.
Given the teams performance with Brady last season I am not sure one should isolate the results to Mayfield. I am not, for the record, a Mayfield believer. I just think that Football is a game where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts more often than not.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I was at the game last night. I feel like I’m in Gators country. Blue and orange.. hat off to the Lions. They’re good team.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'm pretty sure the reigning opinion is that Canales is getting way more out of Baker and co (especially so soon) than anyone thought he would. As far as the plays, they are working and guys are getting open, it's far more of a failure of execution, which can be worked on. Remember, they been at this a few months.

I don't know what your standards or expectations are for you to look at what Canales is doing and conclude "disappointed" or "don't see it".
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:46 am
3.) Our third down defense imploded faster than a sub carrying billionaires down to the Titanic.
Ouch! Too soon maybe???

FIRE THE SPECIAL TEAM COACH.

I kept hearing Goff calling "Donut" at the line of scrimmage. I think he was calling a WR to run to the hole in the middle of our Defense, especially on 3rd downs.

There's a reason Evans and White don't have contract extensions. Where's Sean Tucker? Our last 2 first round picks on Defense are not looking good. That many opposing fans in the stadium was embarrassing. I was looking for a paper bag to put on my head.

Lavonte David had a great game, that's all I got to say about that.......
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

I was on a boat and didn't get to watch the game, thank God. Do we need more talent at back or is the blocking a huge issue too?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:57 pm I was on a boat and didn't get to watch the game, thank God. Do we need more talent at back or is the blocking a huge issue too?
Both
Most hated man in America.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:57 pm I was on a boat and didn't get to watch the game, thank God. Do we need more talent at back or is the blocking a huge issue too?
Yes
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Mostly the latter, but the former ain't helping.
Backside

Post by Backside »

That punt with about 11 minutes left was so deflating. Needed to be aggressive on that drive. The few Bucs fans in the stadium, we couldn't recover after that.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Backside wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:31 pm That punt with about 11 minutes left was so deflating. Needed to be aggressive on that drive. The few Bucs fans in the stadium, we couldn't recover after that.
I left the Saints game after a similar punt last year. Two scores later I listened to the epic comeback win on the radio. I’ll never leave early again.. That being said, after that punt I leaned over to tell my brother, “we need to leave right now if we have any chance of winning..”

It’s just one game. They had 2-3 plays they needed to hit that they didn’t to change the outcome.

Go get the birds this week.