Week 6 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Phantom

Re: Week 6 Discussion

Post by Phantom »

I hate the Cowboys but the helmet looks clean af.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I mean we're talking a day 3 pick here. Like a 6th rounder.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Doctor wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:48 pm I mean we're talking a day 3 pick here. Like a 6th rounder.
We are going to need those 6th rounders to help fill out the roster because we screwed our cap situation. This team isn’t in position to be buying right now. Doesn’t mean they need to sell and tank, but we need our draft picks very badly going forward. Especially as guys on the team become more expensive like Wirfs and AWJ.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I mean I know we're pretty good at hitting on them but the odds are still low. You know what you are getting in Henry.

I'm also still far more in on this season than most.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Doctor wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:03 pm I mean I know we're pretty good at hitting on them but the odds are still low. You know what you are getting in Henry.

I'm also still far more in on this season than most.
Yeah, but Henry is also about to turn 30 and has a LOT of mileage on him. If we still had Brady, I wouldn’t be against it for one last shot but we are in a weird transition period now and I think our bed is made. Just try and win the division with what we have and keep our picks and keep investing into youth in the coming years.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

@Bootz I wanted to reply to your Taylor vs Jones. The stats that separate them are turnovers and total touchdowns. The low passing touchdowns are because he ran for a lot of TDs which you can clearly see in the stats you provided.

Taylor 1.6% of passes intercepted. 26 fumbles.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ylTy00.htm

Jones 2.1% of passes intercepted. A ridiculous 46 fumbles! 46 in 59 games compared to Taylor's 26 in 86.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... neDa05.htm

To me that puts them in a total bust compared to a serviceable QB. Why the Giants paid Jones is a head scratcher. If Gettleman was still GM, I would have understood. They need to jettison Joe Schoen