Any given Sunday?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Babeinbucland

Any given Sunday?

Post by Babeinbucland »

I can honestly say this is the first game in years where I have just flat out felt hopeless we could win.

Anyone have any hope to give? :cry:
I said what I said

Bootz

Re: Any given Sunday?

Post by Bootz »

Of all of the games we’ve had, even this year, THIS is the one you feel is hopeless?? You must be drunk off the Lions Kool-Aid
Most hated man in America.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I feel better about the Bucs chances of beating the Lions than I did about them defeating the Eagles just a few weeks ago.

The Lions have a ton of injuries and we are hosting them fresh off a bye. I like our chances.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

The Bucs have the bye on their side, and a big chip on their shoulders because they're getting no respect. This is a game for playoff seeding, both will likely win their divisions but who will be #3 and who will be #4, this tiebreaker might matter. If they're playing as angry as some have suggested, this will be a Black and Blue game in more ways than one.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Creamsicle Redemption!!
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:28 am Of all of the games we’ve had, even this year, THIS is the one you feel is hopeless?? You must be drunk off the Lions Kool-Aid
Yeah, we got roasted alive by the defending NFC champions on MNF and still have to go out west and play the unstoppable 49ers. I actually like our chances in this one over Buffalo on the road for TNF too.

Lions are definitely good, but I’m not sure they are on this level that we can’t compete with. With that said, the offense will have to play a good game to get this one. I can’t see us pulling out a 20-17 win in this one. Gonna need the defense to make some plays and offense capitalizing on opportunities.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:34 am
Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:28 am Of all of the games we’ve had, even this year, THIS is the one you feel is hopeless?? You must be drunk off the Lions Kool-Aid
Yeah, we got roasted alive by the defending NFC champions on MNF and still have to go out west and play the unstoppable 49ers. I actually like our chances in this one over Buffalo on the road for TNF too.

Lions are definitely good, but I’m not sure they are on this level that we can’t compete with. With that said, the offense will have to play a good game to get this one. I can’t see us pulling out a 20-17 win in this one. Gonna need the defense to make some plays and offense capitalizing on opportunities.
Not to mention it's Jared Goff. You always have a chance.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

MCDC is good, not unstoppable good though.

I’m more nervous about us losing and the divisional consequences
BuccaNOLEer

Post by BuccaNOLEer »

This one is a tossup. Detroit has been an up and down team. They upset the defending Super Bowl champs on the road only to lose to Seattle at home?
Backside

Post by Backside »

Absolutely wild time to decide to have this take.

It's a toss up game with a slight edge to the Lions. Neither outcome would be surprising. What about this matchup in particular has you feeling so hopeless?
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

This is the second time this season that the Bucs face an upper tier team. The first one was the Eagles, and the Bucs did not fare well against them. This game will give a fair barometer on how good the Bucs are.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Detroit hasn't so much as made the playoffs since 2016 and now they are an "upper tier" team?? Give me a break.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:03 pm This is the second time this season that the Bucs face an upper tier team. The first one was the Eagles, and the Bucs did not fare well against them. This game will give a fair barometer on how good the Bucs are.
The Lions are an upper tier team as far as their momentum is concerned. Not as much their talent differential vs Bucs. With Eagles we seemed to be thoroughly outmatched in the trenches. I don't see that being the case here.

Even Goff vs Mayfield is a toss up. Goff is at this moment fully in sync with his OC and hopefully Mayfield will get there 3/4th into the season.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:37 pm Detroit hasn't so much as made the playoffs since 2016 and now they are an "upper tier" team?? Give me a break.
The Lions have won 12 of 15 games dating back to 2022, triumphing at Arrowhead and Lambeau this season and becoming the clear-cut NFC North favorites.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:26 pm
Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:37 pm Detroit hasn't so much as made the playoffs since 2016 and now they are an "upper tier" team?? Give me a break.
The Lions have won 12 of 15 games dating back to 2022, triumphing at Arrowhead and Lambeau this season and becoming the clear-cut NFC North favorites.
And that be forgotten in a year if they don't do anything of substance.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Did someone page me?

This is going to be a great game and hell yes I got the Bucs winning.

For one, we'll be at near full strength on defense. People seem to finally come around to how good our defense is, which is great, but we haven't even peaked. Davis matches up very well against the Sun God and I'll put up Dean or Zyon on Jameson and not lose sleep. It's going to be a big challenge for our run defense, but I can't emphasize how much Bowles has been playing with a hand tied behind his back. The ripple effect Kancey is going to have on the entire defense... just wait.

We have an extra week of rest and prep. You saw what Bowles did to Reid and Mahomes with an extra week of prep. And don't give me that "it was the OTs being out" nonsense because one was gone since week 1 and the other in December, Chiefs still put up points all season long including 38 on the Bills and 22 on the Browns the two weeks prior to the SB without them. I'll take Bowles on two weeks over Goff any day.

Finally, as long as we have time on the clock and Baker has breath in his body I know we aren't going give up at any point in this game. I can't say that about the Lions.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:38 pm
While that may be true I don't see how that matters given the discussion on hand is here and now. Here and now doesn't care about what the Packers did with Rodgers, or the Bucs with Brady, or the Lions with Stafford. Here and now cares about the here and now, and like GT said 12 out of 15 with wins in KC and GB is as good of a "here and now" as any in the NFL. They are every bit a test as any playoff team would be at this point.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

They beat KC the first game of the year where many good teams looked slow and out of sync. Take Seattle versus the Rams week 1
Last edited by kaimaru on Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Whatever we do, do not bite on the Harlem Globetrotters play.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Fantastic take. Absolutely fantastic. This is why the Vikings are doing so well, right? Or maybe you meant the Bengals. Both of those teams were really good last year.

Listen, Shirley! This is this year. Not a previous year. This year they are 4-1. That is a good team.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

If only it was that easy. We would all forget about you and your bad takes. You have done nothing of substance for over a decade, yet here you still are.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Clearly you did not understand the assignment
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Backside wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:38 pm Absolutely wild time to decide to have this take.

It's a toss up game with a slight edge to the Lions. Neither outcome would be surprising. What about this matchup in particular has you feeling so hopeless?
Just watching them play so dominantly on both sides of the ball. Hopefully, this take will jinx them lol
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Jonny wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:38 pm
GreatTimes wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:03 pm This is the second time this season that the Bucs face an upper tier team. The first one was the Eagles, and the Bucs did not fare well against them. This game will give a fair barometer on how good the Bucs are.
The Lions are an upper tier team as far as their momentum is concerned. Not as much their talent differential vs Bucs. With Eagles we seemed to be thoroughly outmatched in the trenches. I don't see that being the case here.

Even Goff vs Mayfield is a toss up. Goff is at this moment fully in sync with his OC and hopefully Mayfield will get there 3/4th into the season.
Thank you.
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Doctor wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:00 pm Did someone page me?

This is going to be a great game and hell yes I got the Bucs winning.

For one, we'll be at near full strength on defense. People seem to finally come around to how good our defense is, which is great, but we haven't even peaked. Davis matches up very well against the Sun God and I'll put up Dean or Zyon on Jameson and not lose sleep. It's going to be a big challenge for our run defense, but I can't emphasize how much Bowles has been playing with a hand tied behind his back. The ripple effect Kancey is going to have on the entire defense... just wait.

We have an extra week of rest and prep. You saw what Bowles did to Reid and Mahomes with an extra week of prep. And don't give me that "it was the OTs being out" nonsense because one was gone since week 1 and the other in December, Chiefs still put up points all season long including 38 on the Bills and 22 on the Browns the two weeks prior to the SB without them. I'll take Bowles on two weeks over Goff any day.

Finally, as long as we have time on the clock and Baker has breath in his body I know we aren't going give up at any point in this game. I can't say that about the Lions.
Ok that was perfect. Feeling more hopeful for sure!
I said what I said

Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

As of right now, the only thing keeping us from being a real contender is a running game. Every other unit is average at a minimum with some near the league best, like our WR corp and the duo of David and White. Our DL is strong and the OL seems to becoming a good unit too. The only units that don't have All Pro candidates are the aforementioned RB's and the TE corp.

We will be a good team all year and we have the horse the beat anyone but the true monsters like the 49rs.

In fact, my one fear is that by exceeding expectations, it will make it hard to draft replacements for all the talent we are going to lose in the offseason.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Historically, Goff is a MUCH worse QB on the road. Hopefully that continues.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Feel free to check my optimism @Bootz if it is getting out of hand the way it did vs the Eagles. The last two times Seattle played Detroit, they hung 37 and 48 points on them. Geno looked unstoppable both the times. We run a similar scheme as them. I am not scared of Lions defense as I am of their offense vs our defense.

Our defense has absolutely helped the offense until now. But I feel like this teams' strength is still on offense and it hasn't been realized yet. I feel like today's game will be a coming out party for Mike Evans and Calijah Kancey.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Jonny wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:23 pm Feel free to check my optimism @Bootz if it is getting out of hand the way it did vs the Eagles. The last two times Seattle played Detroit, they hung 37 and 48 points on them. Geno looked unstoppable both the times. We run a similar scheme as them. I am not scared of Lions defense as I am of their offense vs our defense.

Our defense has absolutely helped the offense until now. But I feel like this teams' strength is still on offense and it hasn't been realized yet. I feel like today's game will be a coming out party for Mike Evans and Calijah Kancey.
I think we win today. I'm not sold on Detroit being head and shoulders better than us. People are putting way too much stock into a 1 point win against KC with no Kelce or Jones.

Plus look at that injury report. They are going to be without a ton of talent.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Doctor wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:03 pm

While that may be true I don't see how that matters given the discussion on hand is here and now. Here and now doesn't care about what the Packers did with Rodgers, or the Bucs with Brady, or the Lions with Stafford. Here and now cares about the here and now, and like GT said 12 out of 15 with wins in KC and GB is as good of a "here and now" as any in the NFL. They are every bit a test as any playoff team would be at this point.
I think the Lions are good, but going back to last season’s games (while conveniently starting this stat with their too little, too late winning streak at the end) isn’t a “here and now” kind of thing. Lions have played well enough this season to not hand pick games from last year to make them look better.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I mean I think it's a good faith arguement when you are trying to speak of "this lions team". Much of the same squad, staff, and momentum.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

OK, you are right, Detroit is a run of the mill tier team. Does that make you feel better after todays final score?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:32 pm
Jonny wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:23 pm Feel free to check my optimism @Bootz if it is getting out of hand the way it did vs the Eagles. The last two times Seattle played Detroit, they hung 37 and 48 points on them. Geno looked unstoppable both the times. We run a similar scheme as them. I am not scared of Lions defense as I am of their offense vs our defense.

I think we win today. I'm not sold on Detroit being head and shoulders better than us. People are putting way too much stock into a 1 point win against KC with no Kelce or Jones.

Plus look at that injury report. They are going to be without a ton of talent.
I wish you had not called for a win.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:40 pm
OK, you are right, Detroit is a run of the mill tier team. Does that make you feel better after todays final score?
Of course not. We lost the game. That's what matters to me and it sucks. But kudos to you for predicting a Bucs loss. Pat yourself on the back.