Do you still hate how the offseason went?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.

Do you still hate how the offseason went?

Yes, I still hate how we navigated the offseason.
8%
I'm starting to come around.
38%
I've come around and I'm bought in.
8%
I always loved what we were doing!
46%

Total votes: 13

real bucs fan

Re: Do you still hate how the offseason went?

Post by real bucs fan »

Selmon Rules wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:42 pm I figured him to be the weak link in an already questionable OL.... I, like pretty much everyone else here, have been proven wrong so far.

I checked "coming around" because I didn't have any real expectations for this team as it started the season. Happy to be surprised!!
Both OTs have done their job. One thing we could use is an interior pile mover to help plow open some holes for Rachaad White. That would be my off-season priority for the offence assuming we can keep Baker and Evans around.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

real bucs fan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:26 am
Selmon Rules wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:42 pm I figured him to be the weak link in an already questionable OL.... I, like pretty much everyone else here, have been proven wrong so far.

I checked "coming around" because I didn't have any real expectations for this team as it started the season. Happy to be surprised!!
Both OTs have done their job. One thing we could use is an interior pile mover to help plow open some holes for Rachaad White. That would be my off-season priority for the offence assuming we can keep Baker and Evans around.
I agree about acquiring a good run blocking guard in the offseason. Feiler is only under contract for one year, and getting an inexpensive drafted run blocker to replace him would be ideal.

When I look at the team as it stands today and our draft needs going into next season, left guard is a definite top three need priority imo, though that'll probably change as the season progresses and as we spend our cap space in the offseason.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Cheb wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:34 pm
real bucs fan wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:26 am
I agree about acquiring a good run blocking guard in the offseason. Feiler is only under contract for one year, and getting an inexpensive drafted run blocker to replace him would be ideal.

When I look at the team as it stands today and our draft needs going into next season, left guard is a definite top three need priority imo, though that'll probably change as the season progresses and as we spend our cap space in the offseason.
Between Feiler and Hainsey, who do you think is a greater priority for upgrade? I don't have any hope that Jensen will play another down for Tampa. After watching the Eagles game, it felt like Hainsey was the most abused lineman. Hainsey is young and cheap for another year, so I guess that is half the justification for upgrading LG.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Its going to depend on whats out there. You can't just upgrade a position on command.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are both retained for next year. Its just impossible to say right now. No idea what the market is going to be like.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Jonny wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:52 pm
Cheb wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:34 pm

Between Feiler and Hainsey, who do you think is a greater priority for upgrade? I don't have any hope that Jensen will play another down for Tampa. After watching the Eagles game, it felt like Hainsey was the most abused lineman. Hainsey is young and cheap for another year, so I guess that is half the justification for upgrading LG.
To be honest, none of our interior three are great in the run game, hence why we struggle to run between the B gaps. Mauch is still a rookie though with room to grow and Hainsey is still under his rookie deal with upside. Feiler by contrast is on a one year prove it deal wherein he hasn't proved it (thus far) and he's on the wrong side of 30 (just like Taylor Swift), so he is the obvious candidate for upgrading his position.