***Official 2023 NFL Season Thread***

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Grahamburn

Re: ***Official 2023 NFL Season Thread***

Post by Grahamburn »

Phantom wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:47 pm Damn the Saints….

NFC South teams are for real this year… compare to last year
You always this premature?! I kid..
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:36 pm
Phantom wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:47 pm Damn the Saints….

NFC South teams are for real this year… compare to last year
You always this premature?! I kid..
Spoke too soon…
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Holy shit just checked the scores, 70 fucking points????? I honestly can't remember a score that high.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Hahahaha FUCK YOU SAINTS YOU PIECE OF SHIT BOUNTY GATE KNEE TARGETING PEDO PROTECTING SLEAZY CHEATING CUNTS!!!!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:49 pm Holy shit just checked the scores, 70 fucking points????? I honestly can't remember a score that high.
Hasn't happened happened since you were a young man in 1966.
Most hated man in America.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:57 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 5:49 pm Holy shit just checked the scores, 70 fucking points????? I honestly can't remember a score that high.
Hasn't happened happened since you were a young man in 1966.
And now, having flown too close to the sun, they shall be struck down by the gods.

The brightest flame burns quickest.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Fields looks so bad holy moly
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Snake wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 8:08 pm Fields looks so bad holy moly
It's so bad I can't tell if the team is that genuinely terrible and he's making him worse or if it's not the other way around. Completing a standard pass is becoming an accomplishment
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Love it!
The Washington Commanders are being sued by The Native American Guardians Association, which has been trying to get the Commanders to change the name back to Redskins.

The lawsuit states:

“The logo on the Redskin’s helmet is an actual person, it’s Chief White Calf. Every time they go out on that field, they were honoring Chief White Calf and they were battling on the football field with the same honor and integrity and courage. They should continue to honor that.”

Via NBC Montana.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

The irony. Gotta love it.
Don't tread on me
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Silver linings

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Not gonna lie, This Toy Story Funday Football game is flipping hilarious.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I can actually respect the league for being honest here.

Most hated man in America.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

It was absurd coverage for high school prom king and queen nonaense. it was desperate and heloed ruin what couldve been a great game.

It's also a bad look for thr league to directly associate itself with the Chiefs when the whole world just witnessed the refs colluding to give the game to them.

I really hope this next week the league doesn't allow itself to be Eiffle Towered by Kelce and Swift all fucking day again. Would like to actually enjoy some football during the bye week.
Snake

Post by Snake »

It’s cringe.

I’m 32 and already an old man yelling at clouds.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Football fans will bitch about anything.
These Are The Days

Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:27 pm I can actually respect the league for being honest here.

I admire the honesty but it needs to stop because it's gone as far as it can go. This turning into daily prom queen and her boyfriend football player coverage and you can only spend so long on it. It was cool at first to see some cross over but it's turning more into a Taylor Tour instead of football. Let this be the last week of it. We didn't need to see Giselle squealing from the press box (if she even did) every time TB12 threw a touchdown and we don't need to see Taylor Swift doing it too every time Kelce catches one.

If you want to keep the crossover, show her as the game starts and make mention how even she's enjoying the NFL product and in support of Kelce and get on with the football. No one is going to begrudge the NFL a few seconds of her smiling in the sky box as the music plays and then the players take the field. It would probably even be good for the league. But if Kelce catches a TD, I think we can all assume she's happy. We don't need more than what we've already gotten.

I mean we ALL know Jack Nicholson is at all Laker games. It doesn't turn into a circus about him every game and it shouldn't about her either
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

These Are The Days wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:00 am
Bootz wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 7:27 pm I can actually respect the league for being honest here.

I admire the honesty but it needs to stop because it's gone as far as it can go. This turning into daily prom queen and her boyfriend football player coverage and you can only spend so long on it. It was cool at first to see some cross over but it's turning more into a Taylor Tour instead of football. Let this be the last week of it. We didn't need to see Giselle squealing from the press box (if she even did) every time TB12 threw a touchdown and we don't need to see Taylor Swift doing it too every time Kelce catches one.

If you want to keep the crossover, show her as the game starts and make mention how even she's enjoying the NFL product and in support of Kelce and get on with the football. No one is going to begrudge the NFL a few seconds of her smiling in the sky box as the music plays and then the players take the field. It would probably even be good for the league. But if Kelce catches a TD, I think we can all assume she's happy. We don't need more than what we've already gotten.

I mean we ALL know Jack Nicholson is at all Laker games. It doesn't turn into a circus about him every game and it shouldn't about her either
The last Chiefs game TV viewing exceeded some Super Bowls. They will lean heavily into this because it's bringing in a ridiculous amount of money and new viewership. Giselle and Jack don't have near the insane Swifty following that is willing to spend money (Travis' jersey increase 400% when the rumor first dropped). The only person on the planet right now that has that sort of following is Beyonce. I don't understand it, but these are people who pay thousands of dollars for nose bleed concert tickets.

This is a business...that said, Travis himself said they are going too far and NFL fans will start to turn on him as he's part of the reason, but I expect them to lean into this as hard as they can while the ratings are through the roof.

edit: Pre- Taylor/Travis relationship their podcast was 3rd for sports on Spotify, now it's the number 1 podcast in the world. Their followers rose over 1 million. The Taylor Swift fanatics are crazy. I just looked it up to see how comparable Gisele and Taylor Swift are...Gisele 4.5m followers, Taylor Swift 94.2m followers on Twitter. Instagram Gisele 22m followers, Taylor 272m followers. That's like comparing Josh Johnson to Tom Brady as far as fame in the NFL.
Last edited by uscbucsfan1 on Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

And you know what? At the end of the day, I couldn't care less. Show her. Don't show her. Whatever.
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:32 am And you know what? At the end of the day, I couldn't care less. Show her. Don't show her. Whatever.
It is annoying when they actually show her during a play, but again...it's bringing in a ton of money. I get it and the NFL is a business...
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Karma is a cat?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

BJJ34 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:47 amKarma is a cat?
I wish we could go back to December all the time....
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:33 am
Buc2 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:32 am And you know what? At the end of the day, I couldn't care less. Show her. Don't show her. Whatever.
It is annoying when they actually show her during a play, but again...it's bringing in a ton of money. I get it and the NFL is a business...
It's weird. They even have Kelce's Mom going around to different NFL games to promote this. I don't see anything that are real couple would do. I see a bunch of business moves being made, like the whole situation is fake.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

It's massive for football. There's a big dropoff in viewership under 40 and like it or not Taylor Swift is creating football fans.
Snake

Post by Snake »

She’ll be on another dick by season’s end. Seems to be the trend, given the last 20 boyfriends.

But go off, NFL.
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

wesmon wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:13 am

It's weird. They even have Kelce's Mom going around to different NFL games to promote this. I don't see anything that are real couple would do. I see a bunch of business moves being made, like the whole situation is fake.
It's odd that you would think that Taylor Swift would need additional marketing. She's one of, if not the most, famous person in the world. You think the NFL is paying her (she's basically a billionaire) to spend her weekdays with Travis and go to games? That doesn't make much sense.

I think this reaction is just people not liking that there is coverage.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

There's always been celebrities in the box suites at games. It's the sports betting around the NFL is what I dislike.

Pregame is unwatchable now. It's all geared towards casual gambling instead of the sport itself.
These Are The Days

I don't mind the NFL making money. The only value is Swifties who couldn't tell you the difference between a football and baseball a month ago are spending money on the NFL. But the rest of the world who knows about Taylor and her fans aren't endeared by the crossover into the crazy ex girlfriend/high school drama realm that comes with her territory. The NFL would have been better served had Beyonce married a New York Giant or Carrie Underwood marrying a Titan instead of Mike Fisher of the Nashville Predators.

I go grocery shopping every week and hear 2 of Taylor's break up songs playing and now I got her freaking out at football games. I don't actually care as much as I gotta see the face with the voice now and it gives me the creeps. I am in fear of Travis Kelce being the victim of her next break up song following him for the rest of his career this relationship doesn't last the duration of his career
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Snake wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:04 pm It’s cringe.

I’m 32 and already an old man yelling at clouds.
Taylor Swift is 33

Ain't that something?
These Are The Days

_MB_ wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:18 am There's always been celebrities in the box suites at games. It's the sports betting around the NFL is what I dislike.

Pregame is unwatchable now. It's all geared towards casual gambling instead of the sport itself.
I tend to leave the TV station on Bally because of the Rays and Lightning. I'll turn it back on when a game isn't playing to watch something else and I swear it's always "HERE'S THE DRAFT KINGS BETTING LINE FOR THIS WEEK'S CONTESTS! DRAFT KINGS! THE CROWN IS YOURS!!!" and I'm ready to yeet the remote across the room.

In all I need to change the channel to something else after the Lightning games end in a few weeks
uscbucsfan1

Post by uscbucsfan1 »

These Are The Days wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:26 am

I don't mind the NFL making money. The only value is Swifties who couldn't tell you the difference between a football and baseball a month ago are spending money on the NFL. But the rest of the world who knows about Taylor and her fans aren't endeared by the crossover into the crazy ex girlfriend/high school drama realm that comes with her territory. The NFL would have been better served had Beyonce married a New York Giant or Carrie Underwood marrying a Titan instead of Mike Fisher of the Nashville Predators.

I go grocery shopping every week and hear 2 of Taylor's break up songs playing and now I got her freaking out at football games. I don't actually care as much as I gotta see the face with the voice now and it gives me the creeps. I am in fear of Travis Kelce being the victim of her next break up song following him for the rest of his career this relationship doesn't last the duration of his career
You are being dramatic. Why should or would any of us care if you don't want to hear a song from Taylor Swift about Football? You mentioning Carrie Underwood still misses the point on how large Taylor Swift is. She's Michael Jackson levels of followers, spenders, etc, while Underwood is not...Underwood is closer to Gisele...an ok headline, but doesn't have near the pull.

Again, I find it annoying, but you have to understand why the NFL is leaning into it. The numbers; Jersey Sales, followers, viewership speak for itself. Taylor Swift has brought a bump in money like no one else could (maybe Beyonce) and as others have mentioned, it's likely to be short lived, so they will lean hard into it while it last.
These Are The Days

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:03 am
These Are The Days wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:26 am

You are being dramatic. Why should or would any of us care if you don't want to hear a song from Taylor Swift about Football? You mentioning Carrie Underwood still misses the point on how large Taylor Swift is. She's Michael Jackson levels of followers, spenders, etc, while Underwood is not...Underwood is closer to Gisele...an ok headline, but doesn't have near the pull.

Again, I find it annoying, but you have to understand why the NFL is leaning into it. The numbers; Jersey Sales, followers, viewership speak for itself. Taylor Swift has brought a bump in money like no one else could (maybe Beyonce) and as others have mentioned, it's likely to be short lived, so they will lean hard into it while it last.
Not as dramatic as those sales boii!

Alright I'll see myself out
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

uscbucsfan1 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:18 am
wesmon wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:13 am

It's odd that you would think that Taylor Swift would need additional marketing. She's one of, if not the most, famous person in the world. You think the NFL is paying her (she's basically a billionaire) to spend her weekdays with Travis and go to games? That doesn't make much sense.

I think this reaction is just people not liking that there is coverage.
I don't claim it is fake, it just has the appearance. The coverage doesn't bother me and I'm sure it'll be on to something else within a couple weeks.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

It's just sussy when the refs were caught rigging the chiefs win while the league is simping for Kelce and Swift every 3-5 minutes...
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

This isn't just the NFL making bank on this. It's the networks and advertisers as well. As long as there is money to be made, expect to see this behavior from the league/networks/advertisers to continue. And I can't blame them. It's a business, afterall. Also, they don't care if some current fans don't like it. They're already fans so they're not going anywhere.
Don't tread on me