Week 4 Rapid Reactions: Bucs Beatdown Saints

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Grahamburn

Re: Week 4 Rapid Reactions: Bucs Beatdown Saints

Post by Grahamburn »

BuccaNOLEer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:00 pm
Central_Buc wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:10 pm

Probably because the National media kept saying we were going to bad all offseason. Hell they were sucking the Saints dick all week this week like we are a bottom feeder, just because we lost to the machine that is the Eagles last week.

Time to accept reality that the Bucs are a good football team.
I'd say they're a middle of the road football team right now. They'll win the games they're supposed to win but will have trouble with the elite squads.
They've got talent but they are cap strapped and it's gonna come time to pay a bunch of guys soon and they're gonna have to let them walk.

Plus, a middle of the road team isn't good enough to go far in the playoffs (if you make it) but isn't bad enough to get top draft picks. One can only hope that a team like New England or Chicago drafts a QB and cuts Mac Jones/Justin Fields loose and we pick him up and Canales works magic with him.
Why would we hope he could work magic with those guys, who are playing horribly, when we have a QB on the roster that’s playing extremely well?!
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Central_Buc wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:10 pm

Probably because the National media kept saying we were going to bad all offseason. Hell they were sucking the Saints dick all week this week like we are a bottom feeder, just because we lost to the machine that is the Eagles last week.

Time to accept reality that the Bucs are a good football team.
I'd say they're a middle of the road football team right now. They'll win the games they're supposed to win but will have trouble with the elite squads.
They've got talent but they are cap strapped and it's gonna come time to pay a bunch of guys soon and they're gonna have to let them walk.

Plus, a middle of the road team isn't good enough to go far in the playoffs (if you make it) but isn't bad enough to get top draft picks. One can only hope that a team like New England or Chicago drafts a QB and cuts Mac Jones/Justin Fields loose and we pick him up and Canales works magic with him.

Thats not necessarily true. We've seen lower seeds over the years advance far, Cinderella teams they call it. This is still a solid football team and if Baker stays, I see the potential to get even better next year.

I want nothing to do with Justin Fields or Mac Jones. Rather go with Trask over those 2.

Brady and Purdy were 6 and 7th round picks, you never know.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

13F11B wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:22 pm
Phantom wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:07 pm

Dude, he’s not worth it. He’s just a prick that likes to stir up trouble. Always..
I get that. Normally, I ignore him. At times I like to play with my food though.
He's basically a coherent mdb
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Noles1724 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:43 am
13F11B wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:22 pm

I get that. Normally, I ignore him. At times I like to play with my food though.
He's basically a coherent mdb
True. But an Internet Legend in his own mind.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Central_Buc wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:55 am

Thats not necessarily true. We've seen lower seeds over the years advance far, Cinderella teams they call it. This is still a solid football team and if Baker stays, I see the potential to get even better next year.

I want nothing to do with Justin Fields or Mac Jones. Rather go with Trask over those 2.

Speaking of Mac Jones, Coming off his rookie season I thought he was a decent QB. Thanks to Patricia and that dumpster fire last year Mac took a huge step back and is damaged goods. IMO he is an average QB at best
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Phantom wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:20 am
Central_Buc wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:55 am

Speaking of Mac Jones, Coming off his rookie season I thought he was a decent QB. Thanks to Patricia and that dumpster fire last year Mac took a huge step back and is damaged goods. IMO he is an average QB at best
Even during his rookie season, he's always been an average (at best) qb. Sure, he completed 67.6& his rookie year, but he has a 22/13 TD/INT ratio. Each season his attempts/game have increased and every measurable has gotten worse. I mean...it doesn't help that his OC is a toxic human, his pass pro is literally last in the league, they have a bottom 10 rush O in the NFL, and his wide receivers are dudes named Kendrick Bourne and Demario Douglas, but he's looking like bad Daniel Jones instead of decent Mac Jones right now.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Mac Jones has a ton of talent and tools you can win with. The Patriots have not offered much support for him.
Most hated man in America.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

The Pats have been living purely off the equity they've built up over the past two decades of dominance. Bill has been a TERRIBLE GM for damn near his entire tenure with the Pats, but Brady was able to carry the weight of his mistakes while still being the best QB in the league.

To be fair though, I think Bill has at least earned one season per Lombardi, but he's on track to burn through his 4th grace season with no light at the end of the tunnel.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

BucsNBills wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:57 am The Pats have been living purely off the equity they've built up over the past two decades of dominance. Bill has been a TERRIBLE GM for damn near his entire tenure with the Pats, but Brady was able to carry the weight of his mistakes while still being the best QB in the league.

To be fair though, I think Bill has at least earned one season per Lombardi, but he's on track to burn through his 4th grace season with no light at the end of the tunnel.
If the Pats keep playing poorly over the rest of the season, the Pats ownership will probably ask Bill to retire and step down gracefully.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 12:11 pm
BucsNBills wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:57 am The Pats have been living purely off the equity they've built up over the past two decades of dominance. Bill has been a TERRIBLE GM for damn near his entire tenure with the Pats, but Brady was able to carry the weight of his mistakes while still being the best QB in the league.

If the Pats keep playing poorly over the rest of the season, the Pats ownership will probably ask Bill to retire and step down gracefully.
I could see that happening. It's been 24 years now. These things don't last forever. They've been stuck on neutral since Brady's last season there. They definitely need a fresh start.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

The Patriots have had arguments for the least impressive group of skill players in the league every year since Brady’s last year there. They need to get some actual weapons instead of loading up on mediocre TEs.

I’m not sure Mac Jones is him, but Belichick hasnt done him many favors either.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Whether or not Billy B is there next season, the Patriots are currently tops in the NFL with $120 million in projected cap space for next season per Overthecap. If they get a few pieces on offense to help out Mac Jones, I think he can turn it around and be a solid top 20 guy.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Pats O-line and run game have massively regressed the last two seasons and the games have been unrealistically falling on Mac Jones' arm and his below average athletic ability to win games for Pats. There are no playmakers among the receiving corps and Hunter Henry is a serviceable TE at best. Let's not forget how anemic Brady led Pats offense looked in 2019 season, and their defense was balling that season which afforded Brady to play conservative.

Mac Jones will always have a Kirk Cousins type ceiling, but he is capable of matching Cousins' level productivity. Thankfully Bill Belichick hasn't started to blame all his teams' woes on Mac Jones the way some fans are. I seriously don't see how the W-L stat would be much different with a guy like Trevor Lawrence that folks seem to be more high on from that draft class.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

You know it kills BB that he can't even make the playoffs once post Brady.

People are also starting to see just how much Brady did for all those BB defenses. Sure, he always made JAGs into a good unit, but that is a lot harder to do when your offense isn't holding up their end.
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Doctor wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:41 pm You know it kills BB that he can't even make the playoffs once post Brady.

People are also starting to see just how much Brady did for all those BB defenses. Sure, he always made JAGs into a good unit, but that is a lot harder to do when your offense isn't holding up their end.
It also makes sense that most of the coaching hires that were former NE coordinators ended up failing.

Not saying Brady did all the heavy lifting but he definitely turned some lemons into lemonade.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:41 pm You know it kills BB that he can't even make the playoffs once post Brady.

They made the playoffs in 2021. Went 10-7. But they got murdered by the Bills in the wildcard round.