Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 4

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 4

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

The Saints have not amazed me this year. I was more scared if Jameis would’ve been in the game. For as much hype as Kamara and their defense gets you’d expect something… yeah you’d expect something. I can’t say we dominated the game, but we did wear them down, and I’m very okay with that.

1.) Get this man a new contract. No, not Mike Evans, not Devin White, not Baker Mayfield, not Tristan Wirfs. I’m talking Antoine Winfield Jr. I’m not sure what the final score would’ve been without him, but I do know it’d be one where Jameis was eating his fingers.
2.) The joke is, on his one play Jameis forgot which team he was playing for. The better joke is, no he didn’t.
3.) As a fan, I often find myself comparing Baker’s performance and our quarterback play to what it would’ve been a year ago, and with the hit Baker took after his TD pass to Otton, I’m fairly certain that if Tom Brady would’ve taken that hit they’d have canceled game, grounded all flights, and flown the flag at half-mast.
4.) Deven Thompkins is why Slo-Mo was created. Beautiful catch.
5.) I didn’t hear Carlton Davis or Zyon McCollum’s names called all game. I’m impressed.
6.) Taysom Over the Hill. Time to get a new schtick dude.
7.) As bad a Rachaad Whit’s rushing average is, at least it’s not as bad as Alvin Kamara’s receiving average.

Dislikes:
1.) Recovers Vita Vea’s forced fumble, tries to get himself a half a sack off of Winfield’s work, and knows the camera’s on him so while impressive, does a kick up. Logan Hall barely registering on the stat sheet.
2.) Would love to just spot our opponents 3 points at the start of the game instead always watching an opening drive giving up points. I know better, but it gets me thinking oh this is how today’s going to go.

Random:
1.) Hated the early bye week when the schedule came out. Loving the early bye week as it gets here.
2.) FOX confusing this season for last showing us bullshit rushing yards for Ke’shawn Vaughn.
3.) And what exactly is HDNA? GMC knows that trucks aren’t humans with genetic makeup right? Nor are they televisions with a resolution. But what should a expect? Aren’t they the one’s that’ve been running that horrid We Will Rock You commercial for like 4 years? You put Andy Reid eating some nuggies in a truck, now I’d buy that.

The media coverage has not been kind to our beloved Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Constantly hearing Baker’s been on his 4th team in a year, we’re in a rebuild, and we’re gonna be one of the worst teams in the league. Well, now we’re beating the worst teams in the league, and we’re doing it while sitting a top the NFC South, so things are looking up. It feels good right now. We had low expectations shoved up our ass all off-season long, and that’s exactly why this this season has been so much fun.
mdb1958

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 4

Post by mdb1958 »

Todays Keith Tandy award goes to Dee Delaney!
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Baker is perfect so far throwin to his backs - "exploit it".
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

If you give Winfield, Davis and Dean type of money - a similar result could rear it's ugly head.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

FIRE THE SPECIAL TEAMS COACH.....Baker Mayfield threw in INT so we could get better field position. Brilliant!! Let's get healthy so we don't get eaten by a Lion.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Buccabeer wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:50 am Baker Mayfield threw in INT so we could get better field position.
That^^ was pure gold. :lol:
Don't tread on me
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Great take as Always, Ich! I also want to add that I agree with every word that @GoldenBudda posted in the rapid respond thread. Thank you both!
GoldenBudda wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:27 am What a great performance by the Bucs.

Bowles is working miracles with the backups on defense. What a stellar scheme.

Vita Vea is a monster.
Shaq Barrett is a baller. LVD is a stud.

But that backfield, Winfield is balling lights out. Zyon and Dee Delaney stepping up big time today shocked me. Those guys were supposed to get crushed today I'm glad they didnt get that memo.

With all the concussions Winfield has had l've been telling myself there's NO WAY we can sign him to a big extension. Unfortunately, there's NO WAY we cant sign him to that deal. What a condundrum.

Speaking of backups, hello Devin Thompkins. I've always liked his energy, and I'm so excited he finally got a real chance to prove.......he was a better player than Russell Gage all along. Russell only had one thing that DT didn't have and that was an opportunity.

The offense didnt look like we lost our #1 when Mike went down. Everyone stepped up. Trey Palmer is a baller. DT is a stud. Godwin is a warrior.

Baker Mayfield. Wow. He looked sharp and had some excellent zip on the ball. Massive improvement over last week. Great team win.
I said what I said

Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Indeed. Bowles is a DB whisperer if there ever was one.