NFL Week 2 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Re: NFL Week 2 Discussion

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:38 am
Central_Buc wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:19 am Philly may overlook us. Plus Hurts hasn't done well vs the Bucs in 2 games.

It'll be tough for sure though.
I mean....he's played two game against us two season ago. That really has nothing to do with anything at this point. That season, he really wasn't a good qb to begin with, but he's developed in to a legit MVP candidate.
After two games this season, he's completing 71% of his passes. I've only mentioned their offense, but that Dline is Sam Darnold, "I'm seeing ghosts" scary.
Right. It's damn near pointless to even mention those games in 2021. Hurts was in his 1st season as a starter. Davonte Smith was a rookie. Most importantly there was no AJ Brown.

On the flip side, we had Suh. We had JPP. We had Whitehead. We had Edwards. We had Tom Brady and a high scoring offense as well. This ain't the same Bucs team from 2 years ago.
Most hated man in America.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

The Next Gen stats broadcast of the games on Amazon is a much better way to watch the games.

They show where the receivers are at and it makes watching the game much more enjoyable.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:50 am

I mean....he's played two game against us two season ago. That really has nothing to do with anything at this point. That season, he really wasn't a good qb to begin with, but he's developed in to a legit MVP candidate.
After two games this season, he's completing 71% of his passes. I've only mentioned their offense, but that Dline is Sam Darnold, "I'm seeing ghosts" scary.
Right. It's damn near pointless to even mention those games in 2021. Hurts was in his 1st season as a starter. Davonte Smith was a rookie. Most importantly there was no AJ Brown.

On the flip side, we had Suh. We had JPP. We had Whitehead. We had Edwards. We had Tom Brady and a high scoring offense as well. This ain't the same Bucs team from 2 years ago.
We will be mashed in this game.
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I think wk2 and wk3 Mike and Chris will have great games while we establish WR#3 and WR#4 into the fold going into New Orleans.
Once we get the play action going the run game should take off.

Note: WR's 3 and 4 could have good games depending on what the defense gives us.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

So the best OL just gave up 4 sacks to the same Vikings? Interesting.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Week 2. Hold your horses we can't look past Chicago.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 12:06 pm

Absolutely. Gotta get a win Sunday and then on to preparing for Philly.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

We can. The team can't. :D
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:52 am So the best OL just gave up 4 sacks to the same Vikings? Interesting.
Need to mention 24ppg on that defense.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Central_Buc wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:19 am Philly may overlook us. Plus Hurts hasn't done well vs the Bucs in 2 games.

It'll be tough for sure though.
He had 1 great season. But I guess we will see whether or not defenses (like ours) can get in his head this year. Their defense has been giving up points unlike last year (so far).
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

This is a step up moment for Hurts who could just as much be another Kaep. Big game and big payday, don't mean squat.

Can you take it to the next level and really go toe to toe with these DCs who are going to throwing things at you and adapting every week?

Plenty of early flash QBs end up never really being able to take that next leap to be consistently good week in week out for years. And even those that do end up losing their fair share and being called JAGs.

The two big pay QBs just had awful week 1s. Starting QB in the NFL is hard af.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Fair enough, but to half quote the late Denny Green, not ready to crown him just yet. ;)
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:10 am
Jonny wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:38 am

What about the Eagles makes you feel that way? Two of the 4 fumbles were as fluky as the first Vikings fumble against the Bucs. Eagles have a good pass rush, but their secondary is a major suspect. And their passing offense is a suspect.
Even if we assume the weaknesses you listed were true, the Bucs don't have anything to exploit them.

1st and foremost, if their pass rush is good, it doesn't matter what their secondary is. A good pass rush makes a "suspect" secondary look legendary sometimes. Our Oline isn't very good at all. PLUS our QB tries to play hero too often and holds on to the ball longer than he should. That's not a good recipe against a great pass rush.

Pass offense is suspect? In what way? A passing game featuring arguably the best WR duo in the league and a quality TE is anything but suspect. I worry about how we match up with Smith's speed.

I don't know if you're underrating the Eagles or overrating the Bucs. Could be both honestly, but I don't see us matching up well against them.
What exactly makes our oline not good? the only 5 pressures and one sack last week begs to differ with you
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:52 pm
Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:10 am

Even if we assume the weaknesses you listed were true, the Bucs don't have anything to exploit them.

1st and foremost, if their pass rush is good, it doesn't matter what their secondary is. A good pass rush makes a "suspect" secondary look legendary sometimes. Our Oline isn't very good at all. PLUS our QB tries to play hero too often and holds on to the ball longer than he should. That's not a good recipe against a great pass rush.

Pass offense is suspect? In what way? A passing game featuring arguably the best WR duo in the league and a quality TE is anything but suspect. I worry about how we match up with Smith's speed.

I don't know if you're underrating the Eagles or overrating the Bucs. Could be both honestly, but I don't see us matching up well against them.
What exactly makes our oline not good? the only 5 pressures and one sack last week begs to differ with you
2.2 ypc would beg to differ.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Wow... sucks those three will be out. Especially, CD.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Damn, that's a lot of fire power we lost. I still think we match up well and Bowles should scheme circles around Fields.

But all that can be undone if we drop out INT opportunities and lose containment on the wrong play.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Hell, we can look ahead as far as we want as long as the guys that actually play the game don't, lol

Being a fan is fun!!!
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Rename the thread to week 3 discussion, please!
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:44 pm Damn, that's a lot of fire power we lost. I still think we match up well and Bowles should scheme circles around Fields.

But all that can be undone if we drop out INT opportunities and lose containment on the wrong play.
Yeah, I don’t think we’re good enough to overlook the Bears. I do wonder if those guys may give it a go if it WAS Philly this week.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Bootz wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:13 pm
Oh boy
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

2 games in a row where we see how well we contain a couple of stout running QBs.
Frustrating BS to say the least…
Brazen331

Post by Brazen331 »

TonyLip wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:08 pm 2 games in a row where we see how well we contain a couple of stout running QBs.
Frustrating BS to say the least…
Supposedly, this is what you draft a player like Devon White at #5 overall to do.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Yessir. Fields is electric. Honestly if White can even just slow him down with a missed tackle enough for guys like LVD, who is also fast, to catch up and clean up that would be a win for the defense.

But a precision tackle at high speed is what earns you a check.