Sunday Ticket is now a google product

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
nybf

Sunday Ticket is now a google product

Post by nybf »

BucsNBills

Re: Sunday Ticket is now a google product

Post by BucsNBills »

I wonder how stupidly expensive this will be. If it's bundled with Youtube TV, then it could be worth. But if you have to pay for expensive streaming "cable" services and then pay $200+ for Sunday Ticket, then it will just be VPN + streaming for me.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

The only way I'd be interested is if Google (YT) offers it as a standalone product. I'm not interested in bundling because I have no interest in having YT TV.
Don't tread on me
Kona

Post by Kona »

How much is Sunday Ticket now for the season, $400? I’d imagine it’ll be the same.

Also, you don’t need youtubeTV to acquire this, just a YouTube premium membership and can stream directly on YouTube app.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Kona wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:06 am How much is Sunday Ticket now for the season, $400? I’d imagine it’ll be the same.
It’s a shame to think that some people, none of whom are here, have saved thousands upon thousands of dollars over the last decade plus using Romanian equestrian streams. What a shame
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Snake wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:09 am
Kona wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:06 am How much is Sunday Ticket now for the season, $400? I’d imagine it’ll be the same.
It’s a shame to think that some people, none of whom are here, have saved thousands upon thousands of dollars over the last decade plus using Romanian equestrian streams. What a shame
yeah, at this point it would take some pretty outstanding additional features for me to ever consider paying to watch the NFL. Like like All 22 replays I can control, 4k resolution, HDR, etc etc. Otherwise, if it's just going to continue being dogshit broadcast quality games but just streamed through Youtube, I'll continue saving my money.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Also, you don’t need youtubeTV to acquire this, just a YouTube premium membership and can stream directly on YouTube app.
Last time I had it it cost about $250 as an add-on thru Direct tv. That was about 3 years ago I think.
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Snake wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:09 am
Or, you know, used their dad's Hulu account to watch Red Zone.

Thanks, dad! Also, props to Hulu for not location-locking phones and laptops/desktops!
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

Of the platforms, this is the best imo.

I love YTtv/premium
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:19 am

Last time I had it it cost about $250 as an add-on thru Direct tv. That was about 3 years ago I think.
I just read it's right around that. Like $243 or something.

I don't think Google is going to jack the price up astronomically. They're doing it through YouTube so they already have the streaming infrastructure in place, this honestly isn't going to cost them a ton of money outside of the initial acquisition and even that wasn't an insane amount of money by both broadcasting rights standards and the size of Google's metaphorical wallet.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

How often do you deal with blackouts with Sunday Ticket? And I assume you don't get MNF/SNF/TNF included?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:24 am How often do you deal with blackouts with Sunday Ticket? And I assume you don't get MNF/SNF/TNF included?
You don't need to as those are nationally televised
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Eek for that price point ill stick to redzone and internet streams with the local bar as backup
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:22 am
Buc2 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:19 am

I don't think Google is going to jack the price up astronomically. They're doing it through YouTube so they already have the streaming infrastructure in place, this honestly isn't going to cost them a ton of money outside of the initial acquisition and even that wasn't an insane amount of money by both broadcasting rights standards and the size of Google's metaphorical wallet.
The only reason I discontinued it was because I no longer wanted to pay DTV over $100/month and cut the cord. I'd probably be willing to shell out a one-time $250 for ticket alone.
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

BucsNBills wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:24 am How often do you deal with blackouts with Sunday Ticket? And I assume you don't get MNF/SNF/TNF included?
As often as you deal with blackouts without Sunday Ticket, that's an NFL policy that all broadcasters are subjected to.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:29 am
As often as you deal with blackouts without Sunday Ticket, that's an NFL policy that all broadcasters are subjected to.
Yep. And living in VA, the only time I dealt with blacked-out Bucs games was when they played Washington.
Don't tread on me
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:29 am
The Outsider wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:22 am

The only reason I discontinued it was because I no longer wanted to pay DTV over $100/month and cut the cord. I'd probably be willing to shell out a one-time $250 for ticket alone.
Hell, I understand completely. I only pay Spectrum now for internet because I have to. I just had fiber installed but, surprise surprise, they're having issues getting everything up and running initially. Being an early adopter I'm getting 1 gig fiber for 45 bucks a month, first month free and installation ($250, because they run a fiber line directly to your house) was also free. Along with no device charges. Can't wait for everything to start working there so I can stop paying Spectrum $90 a month for garbage internet.

Anyway, my initial point is that internet is all I pay for. I use my dad's streaming accounts and my whole family has a shared Netflix. Granted someone is paying for those things, but outside of part of Netflix it ain't me.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:33 am
Buc2 wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:29 am

Hell, I understand completely. I only pay Spectrum now for internet because I have to. I just had fiber installed but, surprise surprise, they're having issues getting everything up and running initially. Being an early adopter I'm getting 1 gig fiber for 45 bucks a month, first month free and installation ($250, because they run a fiber line directly to your house) was also free. Along with no device charges. Can't wait for everything to start working there so I can stop paying Spectrum $90 a month for garbage internet.

Anyway, my initial point is that internet is all I pay for. I use my dad's streaming accounts and my whole family has a shared Netflix. Granted someone is paying for those things, but outside of part of Netflix it ain't me.
I hear you. We just got fiber in my neighborhood. We switched from Shentel's crappy cable internet and went with Lumos fiber. Like with you, they offered a nice deal to start up with them. $50/mo for 2 years locked in. Then $80/mo after that (barring any price increases between now and the end of 2 years, of course). Speeds are way faster. Like 700+ Mbps vs around 80 we were getting with Shentel (they promised 150). Like yours, no device charges. No throttling. No data allowance overage charges. Shentel was over $100/mo because, even though data was unlimited if you went over 1 gig of usage, they started charging a data allowance overage of $10 per 50 GB. We were going over their allowance every month.

I just ran this speed test:
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't tread on me
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Fiber for the last 2 years and it’s the only way to internet
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I have to laugh. I was a YouTube TV subscriber for a short time earlier this year so I would have access to watch the SB. I cancelled not long after that. Now, for about the last 3 months, I’ve been getting emails from YT every week telling me this is my “last chance” to save on NFL Sunday Ticket.
Don't tread on me
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

I'm actually really happy with the product, knowing I can simply cancel at the end of football season and renew again in September
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Central_Buc wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:20 pm I'm actually really happy with the product, knowing I can simply cancel at the end of football season and renew again in September
Not my point. But that's good for the folks that want to spend the money for it.

My point is, their marketing reminds me of those extended vehicle warranty notices. LAST CHANCE! Well, until the next last chance that is.
Don't tread on me