Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 1

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 1

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

I have to say, I may have had more fun watching that game than I did any other game last season. It certainly didn’t start that way, but we stuck to it, and I would have to give a game ball to Todd Bowles. Gutsy fourth and one call, long field goals, and sticking to a game plan. That’s not the Bowles I’m used to, but I’m on board this season. He needs to succeed so our offense can succeed. Understand that if Bowles goes, so does Canales, and that would be a waste. The development of Canales is bigger than any player development this year. We may not be great or even good, but I want to see us get better on offense as the season wears on because we can spend some resources on the offense next year as the dead money will be gone.

1.) Speaking of dead money, we paid Tom Brady more yesterday to get honored in Foxboro than we did Baker Mayfield to get lassoed around the neck and secure us the victory. Also, fun fact, that Baker scramble quintupled the amount of rushing yards Brady had all of last year.
2.) The pendulum definitely swung on Izien in the second half, but it’ll swing back. I’m looking forward to his next game.
3.) 20 points. Beats last year’s average.
4.) Liking our kicker. You could say we’re Chasing points.
5.) Did it become Devin White’s defense today?
6.) …Nope. No thanks to the broadcast, even with a three-man booth. Not one single reply or mention of the Lavonte David injury. The only update we got was from Lavonte himself when he laid out a running back.
7.) Viking fans didn’t know what to do when Winfield started making plays. Like a Norm MacDonald joke. Should they cheer or boo?
8.) One thing I haven’t heard yet, but I plan on enjoying all week is listening to Deckerhoff call that Godwin catch.

Dislikes:
1.) Lets stop throwing to Kieft. We have too many redheads on this team anyway. Soulless bastards.
2.) Doug Dorsey is about the only other guy to start slower than our offense, but even he eventually figured out the Toe Pick, successfully pulled off the Pamchenko Twist, and got the girl. Not worried.
3.) Complementary football. Mentioned it a bunch of times last year. Nothing grinds my gears more than to take eight minutes off the clock to score a touchdown only to have the defense immediately give up an eight-minute touchdown drive themselves.

Random:
1.) After watching a bunch of different games yesterday I can tell you I’ve officially become annoyed with the number 0.
2.) Matt Ryan will not be Tony Romo, nor will Tiki be Ronde.

Alright, my bold statement of the week. This was Jason Licht’s best off-season. That’s right, better than 2020, and better than the Hard Knocks season. Taking the time to find Canales was huge. We were also able to re-sign our top three free agents and a starting quarterback while being cash strapped. The draft has produced some contributors but most importantly it addressed the weak part of the defense. And, if they continue to gel, he’s rebuilt this offensive line twice. There’s a lot of assumptions in my statement that things are going to work out this season and next, but I don’t mind if I’m wrong is I am. We will have money next year to bolster the offense. I think we’re set up for a good run.
Buccabeer

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 1

Post by Buccabeer »

Reading this tells me the Football Season has officially began! Thanks for taking the time and some good stuff. I'm completely with you on Canales, we could have a bright future with him. Devin White might have played one of his best games as a Buc.

By the way, when did Leonard Fournette get re-signed as a Defensive Lineman? It's nice he was able to re-invent himself like that. Sack Lenny?? :D
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

If hero worship was a thing I would have it for your posts on Monday.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Buccabeer wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:53 am Reading this tells me the Football Season has officially began! Thanks for taking the time and some good stuff. I'm completely with you on Canales, we could have a bright future with him. Devin White might have played one of his best games as a Buc.

By the way, when did Leonard Fournette get re-signed as a Defensive Lineman? It's nice he was able to re-invent himself like that. Sack Lenny?? :D
Lol he'd be sack lunch Lenny nowadays.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

Use the appropriate term (ginger) to describe Ko Kieft, or you will risk a down vote from me. You have 24 hours to make that correction.
Kress

Post by Kress »

I agree with everyone above: Ich's Monday Analysis signals the official start of football season.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Jonny wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:10 am Use the appropriate term (ginger) to describe Ko Kieft, or you will risk a down vote from me. You have 24 hours to make that correction.
No, ginger is the N-word just with the letters rearranged.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:37 am
Jonny wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:10 am Use the appropriate term (ginger) to describe Ko Kieft, or you will risk a down vote from me. You have 24 hours to make that correction.
A friend of mine acted very offended by the term ginger once, so I asked if he was dyslexic.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

I actually love seeing the 0s out there
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:55 am I have to say, I may have had more fun watching that game than I did any other game last season.
I think this was true for many of us here. Most likely a product of low expectations on our part.

Good write-up.
Don't tread on me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Deja Entendu wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:33 am
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:37 am

A friend of mine acted very offended by the term ginger once, so I asked if he was dyslexic.
Heyyyyy oooooo!
Don't tread on me
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Thank you, @IchabodCrane84.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

One of my favorite parts of the season!
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

13F11B wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:29 am If hero worship was a thing I would have it for your posts on Monday.
Same same same
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Ahhhh that explains a lot :lol:
I said what I said

Moozician

Post by Moozician »

5/5!! Would eat here again...
Snake

Post by Snake »

Tiki Barber is awful on TV
Buc2