Madden23

itsabucslife.com is not responsible for ensuring validity of any transaction.
Noles1724

Madden23

Post by Noles1724 »

early vids floating around.. game is still trash.. save the +$80. god I can't wait for the day for EA to lose the exclusive rights.
Noles1724

Re: Madden23

Post by Noles1724 »

Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I've played a little bit (I pay for EA Play Pro or whatever the fuck they're calling it now) and I haven't seen that particular bug, that's pretty bad. On PC it's effectively the exact same game as last year with UI tweaks, updated rosters, and a different scouting system for Franchise mode. Definitely not worth buying the game.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:53 pm I've played a little bit (I pay for EA Play Pro or whatever the fuck they're calling it now) and I haven't seen that particular bug, that's pretty bad. On PC it's effectively the exact same game as last year with UI tweaks, updated rosters, and a different scouting system for Franchise mode. Definitely not worth buying the game.
EA really holding on to a dying model. Fortnite, Rocket League, and others have been updating and adding new features for years without making people purchase new versions every year. Same can be said for COD.. just release new/updated game modes/weapons.

Especially because the game hasn't really changed in years, there isn't any reason to release a new version for purchase outside of it being just a money grab.

I've not bought Madden in nearly 5+ years and I don't miss it.. you know what I miss, NFL2k.. and that's an 18 year old game since release. pretty sad that EA can't reach the bar set by a game 18 years old.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I miss Madden 2012 and Madden 08. Those were great football games. As for what you're saying about EA, it'd be sad if it weren't exactly what they're trying to do. They don't give a fuck about anything in the game outside of whether or not Ultimate Team is making microtransaction bucks. As long as that's bringing in consistent cash flow EA is going to put virtually zero effort into the development of the game. And they'll never lose exclusivity unless the NFL decides they want a different partner. EA makes more than enough money to keep the license in perpetuity.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:29 pm I miss Madden 2012 and Madden 08. Those were great football games. As for what you're saying about EA, it'd be sad if it weren't exactly what they're trying to do. They don't give a fuck about anything in the game outside of whether or not Ultimate Team is making microtransaction bucks. As long as that's bringing in consistent cash flow EA is going to put virtually zero effort into the development of the game. And they'll never lose exclusivity unless the NFL decides they want a different partner. EA makes more than enough money to keep the license in perpetuity.
yeah my hope is that the NFL sees that EA isn't representing their product accurately. but it still not might matter as the NFL might just be happy collecting a sizeable check from EA without any concern for the product that EA is actually putting out.

You're right about UT.. that's all EA cares about. UT has ruined FIFA as well.

I have hope that the NFL will spread it's wings a little like they're about to do with the Sunday Ticket. Direct TV is losing that exclusivity so fingers crossed on that front.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Noles1724 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:12 pm
The Outsider wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:29 pm I miss Madden 2012 and Madden 08. Those were great football games. As for what you're saying about EA, it'd be sad if it weren't exactly what they're trying to do. They don't give a fuck about anything in the game outside of whether or not Ultimate Team is making microtransaction bucks. As long as that's bringing in consistent cash flow EA is going to put virtually zero effort into the development of the game. And they'll never lose exclusivity unless the NFL decides they want a different partner. EA makes more than enough money to keep the license in perpetuity.
yeah my hope is that the NFL sees that EA isn't representing their product accurately. but it still not might matter as the NFL might just be happy collecting a sizeable check from EA without any concern for the product that EA is actually putting out.

I have hope that the NFL will spread it's wings a little like they're about to do with the Sunday Ticket. Direct TV is losing that exclusivity so fingers crossed on that front.

The difference there is that there isn't a game producer on the planet with the cash and ability to crank out AAA sports titles on a yearly basis. What killed Direct TV is that Amazon has more money than God and the infrastructure in place to seamlessly transition in to that role.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

The Outsider wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:39 pm

The difference there is that there isn't a game producer on the planet with the cash and ability to crank out AAA sports titles on a yearly basis. What killed Direct TV is that Amazon has more money than God and the infrastructure in place to seamlessly transition in to that role.
Last I read it was down to Disney, Amazon, and Apple with Apple as the overwhelming favorites, but all 3 are streaming platforms and all 3 have a ton of cash.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:10 am
The Outsider wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:39 pm

Last I read it was down to Disney, Amazon, and Apple with Apple as the overwhelming favorites, but all 3 are streaming platforms and all 3 have a ton of cash.

Yeah, I mixed up Amazon and TNF with Apple and Sunday Ticket.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

This has been the case for years. NFL hasn't care that EA makes them look like shit, there's no one else to compare to.

Was downloaded the phone app to play with my nephew but it's uncomfortable. So far they haven't made me pay anything, but I can only do drills. Have to finish them to unlock more game.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

This is the worst Madden release in years. Maybe ever. The software on PC at least is extremely unstable. Connected franchise constantly booting me for inactivity while I'm doing roster shit, my first franchise got bugged in a way where it would randomly revert to my pick in the second round of the 2024 draft upon loading the save. The controller scheme will randomly bug out when trying to navigate the main menu as well requiring a reboot.

The gameplay itself has always been buggy but that's kind of acceptably in a way, because it's a complicated physics and collision system and it helps that many of the bugs cause hilarious scenarios. This level of instability and just general shit game design is a whole new level of not giving a fuck.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

not giving a fuck is about right.. they copy/paste from previous years.. there's a 2009 banner hanging in one of the stadiums.
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

looking forward to kicking the tires on this.. RIP Madden.. sorry not sorry.

Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Ha!
Ravens LB upset with Madden 24 trailer showing Buffalo Bills’ Josh Allen trucking him
Published: Jun. 07, 2023, 8:13 p.m.

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Patrick Queen had one question after the Madden 24 trailer was released on Wednesday.

“How I get signed up to be the one ran over on the release video,” Queen tweeted on Wednesday morning.

In the EA Sports video game trailer, Queen is seen getting truck by Buffalo Bills QB Josh Allen, this year’s Madden cover athlete.

Don't tread on me
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

I would be more upset that I was being associated with a trash ass product
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

this game doesn't deserve a new thread.

Phantom

Post by Phantom »