Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official 2023 Off Season Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Grahamburn

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers Official 2023 Off Season Thread

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:06 am
Grahamburn wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 8:08 am

I’d take a JUGGS machine for him. Get rid of his ass.
Well that would make you an idiot.
I honestly feel bad for the people that know you or care about you in real life. If there are any. Be better.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:15 am
Bootz wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:06 am

Well that would make you an idiot.
I honestly feel bad for the people that know you or care about you in real life. If there are any. Be better.
"Be better"

Says the guy who would trade a very talented young LB for a Juggs machine like he's on the auction block at a slave trade.
Most hated man in America.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Bootz wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:39 am
Grahamburn wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 9:15 am

"Be better"

Says the guy who would trade a very talented young LB for a Juggs machine like he's on the auction block at a slave trade.
Look, man. I get it. It’s your schtick to treat every single poster here like crap. Edgy stuff.

My post was so obviously hyperbolic, and then you double down insinuating I’m racist? You’re insufferable.

Can’t you just be cool to people? What do you get out of constantly being a tool to everyone?

Don’t bother answering or quoting. I’ll gladly be done interacting with you.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Grahamburn wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:37 am

"Be better"

Look, man. I get it. It’s your schtick to treat every single poster here like crap. Edgy stuff.

My post was so obviously hyperbolic, and then you double down insinuating I’m racist? You’re insufferable.

Can’t you just be cool to people? What do you get out of constantly being a tool to everyone?

Most of the time, when the thought to respond occurs, I think "do I want to bother?" I find more often than not its just not worth the effort.

As far as White's concerned, I can't get all that emotionally wrapped up in the bs. He's not as good as he thinks (or a lot of fans of other teams) he is but he's also not as bad as I see posted here. He's not worth whatever it is he wants long term but the team will initially be worse without him if he's traded. This upcoming year it may not matter. So maybe saving the money and drafting his replacement (with the understanding that a QB1 may be priority 1 for the next draft) is the better move.

Did I say "may be" on QB1? LOL!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 11:37 am

"Be better"

Ironic that you label your post as "hyperbolic" then take my response to said hyperbole so personally.

What the hell would one realistically expect in response to an exaggerated statement? A pat on the back?
MJW

Post by MJW »

Bootz is a lot like me.

When we're in good moods, we're top quality posters trying to improve the quality of the discourse.

When we're in bad moods, we're assholes looking to win arguments, not learn or teach. Or sometimes just rattle cages.

The difference between us is, I'll own that fact.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Glad you're admitting to being in a bad mood
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Darrious Gaines was cut by the Denver Broncos, we should bring him down and take a look.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

We won’t need an emergency QB, right.
Ours seem pretty sturdy.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Still have not signed any of our draft picks?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I'd imagine they are being asked to accept some pretty poor numbers.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Since OTAs aren’t really getting discussed.. I get recommended content from this JoeBucsFan guy and here was his write up from yesterday
hop to it:

* The Bucs are running a strip drill. No, this has nothing to do with the clothing-optional establishments on Dale Mabry Highway. Yes, Joe has seen teams work on stripping the ball before, but not to this detail. A ballcarrier jogged and a defensive player would run from behind, place on hand on the ballcarrier’s shoulder and use that as leverage to rip the ball out with the defender’s free hand.

* With Russell Gage hurt (again), rookie receiver Trey Palmer got a lot of work with the first team. In one play he was lined up with Chris Godwin in a twins formation. Godwin ran an inside route, Palmer outside. Joe hopes to see more of that this fall.

* Baker Mayfield hits Cade Otton in the hands down the left seam but the ball bounces off Otton’s hands.

* If Joe had to guess, Baker Mayfield had maybe 70 percent of the snaps until the final 20-25 minutes of practice where competing Kyle Trask took most of the reps.

* Kade Warner takes a short pass over the middle from Mayfield.

* Mayfield to Taye Barber right in the breadbasket along the left sideline.

* Godwin hauls in a Trask pass pass over the middle.

* Patrick Laird hauls in a Trask pass along the left sideline.

* Trask throws to the right sideline where Godwin houses the pass.

* During a water break, Joe saw offensive coordinator Dave Canales and Mayfield have a private one-on-one. Canales would mimic the footwork and throw of a pass and Mayfield would repeat the gesture.

* Yes sir: rookie linebacker SirVocea Dennis flushes Mayfield out of the pocket to his right and Mayfield dumps the ball off to Otton near the right sideline.

* A new Joe Tryon-Shoyinka? The third-year outside linebacker seems more vocal and in charge. He’s directing guys and making sure teammates are in the correct position.

* Red zone work: Mayfield hits Palmer over the middle as Palmer came in from the left side.

* Highlight of practice: Mayfield targets Palmer along the left sideline but the throw was high. Palmer skies and hauls the ball in with his fingertips and Joe thought he got two feet in but not sure as there were so many players around the play blocking the view. It created a roar from the players on the sideline watching.

* Here is what Trask does well: This is a Bill Parcells method. When passing over the middle, Parcells demanded his quarterbacks throw low to prevent tipped passes or worse, a pick. Trask always seems to throw low over the middle, cock-high or lower.

* Joe is thinking Trask wanted a wet ball drill. He throws a rainbow to the right that was so dang high Joe is thinking it got wet in the clouds. It almost looked like a punt. Tight end Tanner Taula (Illinois State) caught the touchdown. The Bucs’ offensive linemen were so happy with the play they came and hugged Trask.

* Mayfield hands the ball off to receiver Deven Thompkins who runs right and meets a wall of linebackers. He quickly reverses field and runs left and Joe thinks he may have gotten five yards out of the play.

* Ke’Shawn Vaughn runs up the middle for a few yards. Then cuts right for a few more.

* Ryan Miller (Furman) catches a pass from Trask over the middle.

* Trask is flushed to the left and he maybe gets five yards.
Snake

Post by Snake »

SirVocea Dennis is the DW45 replacement in wait.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Snake wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:34 am SirVocea Dennis is the DW45 replacement in wait.
*LVD
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Doctor wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:53 am
Snake wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 10:34 am SirVocea Dennis is the DW45 replacement in wait.
*LVD
Past short time has to be earned - mdb
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Doctor wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:53 am
*LVD
Dennis is basically DW if you took away some of the athleticism, but added football intelligence and instincts.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Both @Snake and @Doctor are right. LVD & DW are both free agents. 1 is 33 and on a 1 year deal, the other requested a trade. Highly likely that it's both of their last seasons here. Dennis could play a role in the future. I have my doubts. He's a 5th round, undersized LB that ran a 4.65. He probably won't be any better than Kenny Britt. But we'll see. We play this game annually.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:16 pm Honestly who's even in contention for the nickel spot? Zyon? The older dude we drafted? That seems like a major weakness in this defense.
Josh Hayes played NCB in college. His dad also taught him to tackle by making him run into an oak tree.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

kaimaru wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:27 pm
Bootz wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 5:16 pm Honestly who's even in contention for the nickel spot? Zyon? The older dude we drafted? That seems like a major weakness in this defense.
Josh Hayes played NCB in college. His dad also taught him to tackle by making him run into an oak tree.

What was the circumference of the oak tree?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

After great lengths I have discovered we have signed 3 of our 8 draft picks.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

True or False: Aaron Donald never sacked Jameis Winston.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:53 am True or False: Aaron Donald never sacked Jameis Winston.
Who gives a shit?
Don't tread on me
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 12:39 am
kaimaru wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 9:27 pm

What was the circumference of the oak tree?
I don't know but clearly a young tree. Unlike a banana tree that Muay Thai use, I am sure it doesn't have a lot of give considering the young oak trees around my house growing up. Over all it's a good read.
’ We had a nice little oak tree in the back and we just kind of set up five, ten yards away and just ran into it. The first few times, it sucked, but I got used to it after a while.'
https://www.pewterreport.com/bucs-josh- ... t-failure/
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

He better not ever miss time with a shoulder injury.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Buc2 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:52 am
mdb1958 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:53 am True or False: Aaron Donald never sacked Jameis Winston.
Who gives a shit?

Evidently GreatTimes like your pro aggression response. Winston with a 4.97 forty had flee the rush while Brady had none.
That is all, no desire at all for any other comparisons.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:42 pm
Buc2 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 9:52 am

Who gives a shit?

Evidently GreatTimes like your pro aggression response. Winston with a 4.97 forty had flee the rush while Brady had none.
You're becoming very sensitive lately. Is everything okay?
Don't tread on me
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I hope he ends up good because he has a dope first name.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Buc2 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:11 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:42 pm

Winston is long gone, just a faded bad memory. That is why I don't give a shit about Winston.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

True
MJW

Post by MJW »

Winston was so 2015. We just bought the 2018 model. He's got all of the features you fell in love with - former #1 overall pick, oceans of mediocrity speckled with islands of potential, pouty, Heisman Trophy from "the good old days." And when you honk the horn, it blares "HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME."
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 6:15 pm
Buc2 wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:11 pm

Winston is long gone, just a faded bad memory. That is why I don't give a shit about Winston.
Trust me when I tell you this board will NEVER stop talking about Jameis Winston. It's an obsession even though he's been gone since pre-Covid.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I made the post because of Kancey, someone compared him to Donald and then it was said he was more like Ed Oliver. So I looked things up and Oliver hasnt really impressed me much. Then I looked at Brady who Donald sacked 4 times in three games during his three years.
After that I decided to look at Winston and his awkward scrambling, he bought himself time sometimes it was good and many times it was cringe. Like people said about Brady, with fierce pressure he either dumped the ball or folded. So with the upcoming season I'm wondering if the slightest bit of mobility will help us and if Kancey can actually do his thing.

I am also thinking when it comes to the d-line is who are you lining up with? Can Vea and him really click? Maybe Gaines shines, maybe the whole rotation plays great.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Chris Godwin is feeling good.
Chris Godwin only missed two games for the Buccaneers in 2022, rebounding from his 2021 ACL injury to finish with his third season with 1,000-plus receiving yards.

But while his numbers continued to be in line with the output of other top receivers in the league, Godwin said this week that, as is the case for many players returning from ACL tears, he still didn’t feel 100 percent in his first year back.

"It was a night and day difference between last year and this year,” Godwin said. “To be out here now, it’s a blessing. It was a lot of hard work. Like you said, I took some much-needed rest right after the season. But I’m feeling really good. I feel really good with where I’m at. It’s a fresh year, fresh opportunities for myself and all the guys around.”

The 27-year-old received a three-year deal worth $60 million from the Bucs heading into the 2022 season, even despite being in the midst of his ACL recovery at the time. And once he returned to the field, Godwin proved to still be a formidable pass-catcher, recording 1,023 receiving yards and 104 catches, ranked 21st and eighth in the league, respectively.

But while in some ways Godwin looked the same, he only averaged 9.8 yards a reception, a career-low, and hauled in just three touchdowns, the worst since his rookie year.

Now with a little more time to recover since the season’s end, Godwin said he’s started to fully feel like his pre-injury self again in recent weeks.

"I think I’m very close to it. I feel like a lot of my explosion is coming back,” he said. “I feel very comfortable with the things that I’m working on. It feels really good to be able to have the opportunity to work on my skill development this offseason, as opposed to just working to rehab an injury.”

With this offseason bringing both the retirement of Tom Brady and the hiring of a new offensive coordinator in Dave Canales, the Buccaneers’ offense will undoubtedly be a lot different come the fall. Baker Mayfield, Kyle Trask and John Wolford are all still in the running to be the starter in Week 1, and considering the trio have a combined zero starts for the Bucs under their belt, having a trusted veteran pass-catcher like Godwin would only be a benefit as the team looks to retain their NFC South crown.

With all of the expected change for Tampa Bay’s offense in 2023, the Bucs will be happy to see that Godwin is back, healthy and explosive as ever.

- https://www.nfl.com/_amp/buccaneers-wr- ... econd-offs
Good news for us, and I agree. He didn't look like himself last season, and I am looking forward to seeing what he can do this year.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

I know he can do work from the slot, but I’d really like to see him get more snaps outside. He kills on the intermediate crossing routes.