Buccaneers Media

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IronDog

Re: Buccaneers Media

Post by IronDog »

Any one review those Munich photos they posted yesterday? Who's that scrawny little fella drinking a beer with Ronde Barber. They tried to pass it off as Mark Allstate, but I am not buying it. I never would have expected to see little #20 dwarfing #40.
Push the damned button already!
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Anyone know when we will bring out the Pewter Jerseys or are done with those?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

This is a great video that gives us fans an inside look at just what it takes for the Bucs to put on a big-time home game. I don't know how many people are involved to pull these off on a week-to-week basis, but it's obviously a lot.

Don't tread on me
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

In The Current episode 4. It's tough watching when the team is in the middle of a losing streak. But no one hides. The players. The coaches. Their all out there. The Bucs media doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Don't tread on me
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Buc2 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:31 am In The Current episode 4. It's tough watching when the team is in the middle of a losing streak. But no one hides. The players. The coaches. Their all out there. The Bucs media doesn't sugarcoat anything.

Was a good watch, and agree with what you said.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Below the Surface with OC Dave Canales

Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Primeminister wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:58 am Below the Surface with OC Dave Canales

As just a fan, it sure helps make me feel a little better about the direction the team is going. It appears, at least from this short video, that the team is aware of its shortcomings and that they have a plan going forward to address those shortcomings while still remaining competitive in the short term.

Beyond the fluff, I found Rob McCartney's comments beginning at the 5:47 mark really interesting. Where he's talking about a sheet they call, Change of Scenery, and how they don't just evaluate college players, but track every player in the NFL in case a player might just need a change of scenery to really excel and would be a good fit for our team.

It just goes to show you there is so much behind the scenes in running an NFL team that the average fan has no clue about. Let's face it, if we, as fans, can see something isn't working well, you know the team is seeing it, evaluating it, and trying to come up with a way to correct it. It may or may not work, but you can be sure they're trying.
Don't tread on me
Snake

Post by Snake »

Buc2 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:45 am
Primeminister wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:58 am Below the Surface with OC Dave Canales

As just a fan, it sure helps make me feel a little better about the direction the team is going. It appears, at least from this short video, that the team is aware of its shortcomings and that they have a plan going forward to address those shortcomings while still remaining competitive in the short term.

Beyond the fluff, I found Rob McCartney's comments beginning at the 5:47 mark really interesting. Where he's talking about a sheet they call, Change of Scenery, and how they don't just evaluate college players, but track every player in the NFL in case a player might just need a change of scenery to really excel and would be a good fit for our team.

It just goes to show you there is so much behind the scenes in running an NFL team that the average fan has no clue about. Let's face it, if we, as fans, can see something isn't working well, you know the team is seeing it, evaluating it, and trying to come up with a way to correct it. It may or may not work, but you can be sure they're trying.
There is no salary cap on non-player personnel. If you’re not employing a gang of advance scouts, and NFL personnel scouts who are constantly evaluating the players on other teams…you’re probably doing it wrong. it’s beneficial information. And it only costs money.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Snake wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:54 am
Buc2 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:45 am

There is no salary cap on non-player personnel. If you’re not employing a gang of advance scouts, and NFL personnel scouts who are constantly evaluating the players on other teams…you’re probably doing it wrong. it’s beneficial information. And it only costs money.
Oh, definitely! It takes a village to run an NFL franchise for sure. Like with any company, they want to attract the best and brightest talent to run their team. The NFL is no different than any company in the business world in that each company (team) is competing against other companies for that same talent. 31 other companies in this case.
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

That change of scenery is come play for us for our offer or go sit on the couch waiting for a phone call.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I'm amazed at how fast nobody went after our free agents.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

I dunno, Canales kinda lost me at 1:13 on the film saying our Offensive Line was "second to none." If he believes that, then there is a REALLY low bar for performance.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Moozician wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:39 pm I dunno, Canales kinda lost me at 1:13 on the film saying our Offensive Line was "second to none." If he believes that, then there is a REALLY low bar for performance.
Yeah...that part was cringe.
Don't tread on me
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:03 pm I'm amazed at how fast nobody went after our free agents.
Bills did
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:03 pm I'm amazed at how fast nobody went after our free agents.
We're old news. There are new champs to pick a part.

Plus the only big two were Dean, who apparently had no interest in leaving FL, and David an aged ILB.