Welcome Chase Edmonds!

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doctor

Welcome Chase Edmonds!

Post by Doctor »

An absolute smash signing, especially so cheap. I'm a big Edmonds fan. I just love the way he runs, he has a great nose for the first down and fights to it every play. Really understands the concept of every inch. He sometimes reminds me of former Bucs legend Arrelious Benn. That's right.

I can tell you one thing about the kind of guys we are bringing in, they are competitors.
Sdbucs

Re: Welcome Chase Edmonds!

Post by Sdbucs »

Fantastic signing. Quintessential RB#2 for pennies.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Copying @Buc2

:j :j
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

He was terrible on two different teams last year, that seems to be what we are going after on offense in FA.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Doctor wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:19 pm

An absolute smash signing, especially so cheap. I'm a big Edmonds fan. I just love the way he runs, he has a great nose for the first down and fights to it every play. Really understands the concept of every inch. He sometimes reminds me of former Bucs legend Arrelious Benn. That's right.

I can tell you one thing about the kind of guys we are bringing in, they are competitors.

Smash signing? LOL! Don’t be like @Snake
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

In 70 career games, Chase Edmonds has only two 100-yard performances. Dude's per game averages throughout his career come out to 5.7 rushing attempts per game for 25.6 yards, catching an average of two balls a game for another 15 yards. He will score a touchdown about every four games.

Sure, his contract is worth about a million, but the Bucs would only have $150k in dead cap if he's cut.

I see this as a third-down depth signing, nothing more, with a moderate chance of not making it out of training camp.

But welcome to the team, Chase. Hope ya prove me wrong.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Being broke will have consequences on depth.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Snake wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:05 pm Being broke will have consequences on depth.
We didn't have depth when we weren't broke. So I see no change.
Don't tread on me
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Cheb wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:04 pm In 70 career games, Chase Edmonds has only two 100-yard performances. Dude's per game averages throughout his career come out to 5.7 rushing attempts per game for 25.6 yards, catching an average of two balls a game for another 15 yards. He will score a touchdown about every four games.

Sure, his contract is worth about a million, but the Bucs would only have $150k in dead cap if he's cut.

I see this as a third-down depth signing, nothing more, with a moderate chance of not making it out of training camp.

But welcome to the team, Chase. Hope ya prove me wrong.
Familiar with the guy from fantasy football and feel like that's always been his role, just a consistent #2 RB.

White is our guy and Edmonds will spell him on occasion.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

I think the big story is that Rachaad White is gonna be the man here. Edmonds is mostly a JAG, but does fill a need.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

This signing tells us nothing. Fournier was relevant and Gio most likely won't be re-signed. There were 2 RBs under contract, White & Vaughn. This guy Edmonds is an additional body. I expect we'll target RB pretty early in the draft. Maybe Robinson.
Most hated man in America.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Bootz wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:59 pm This signing tells us nothing. Fournier was relevant and Gio most likely won't be re-signed. There were 2 RBs under contract, White & Vaughn. This guy Edmonds is an additional body. I expect we'll target RB pretty early in the draft. Maybe Robinson.
I’ll be pretty shocked if we end up with Robinson. For one I think he’ll be long gone by 19, as well I think the writing on the wall is clear that Rachaad White is the man here.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Arizona didn’t want him…Miami didn’t want him…Denver didn’t want him….but hey, we’ll take him.

Doubt he makes the final 53-man roster.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Navybuc wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:08 pm Arizona didn’t want him…Miami didn’t want him…Denver didn’t want him….but hey, we’ll take him.

Doubt he makes the final 53-man roster.
We have limited funds, I don’t think we just flushed some of them down the toilet. I think the idea is to simply add Edmonds as a vet min guy as depth and that’s what he’ll be.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

real bucs fan wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:02 pm
Bootz wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:59 pm This signing tells us nothing. Fournier was relevant and Gio most likely won't be re-signed. There were 2 RBs under contract, White & Vaughn. This guy Edmonds is an additional body. I expect we'll target RB pretty early in the draft. Maybe Robinson.
I’ll be pretty shocked if we end up with Robinson. For one I think he’ll be long gone by 19, as well I think the writing on the wall is clear that Rachaad White is the man here.
Good. I don't want to waste a 1st round pick on a RB. Ever.
Don't tread on me
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Like almost all JL's FA signing I don't think this tips our hand any which way, just shores up the bottom. We could easily still go Bijan without missing a beat. But should we not, I feel a lot better going into the year with Edmonds as our #2.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Yall remember Charles Sims, right. Yea, pretty much this.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

He's an NPC RB that's just there for the roster numbers game. If we go big on RB in the draft he's probably cut immediately.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:19 pm Like almost all JL's FA signing I don't think this tips our hand any which way, just shores up the bottom. We could easily still go Bijan without missing a beat. But should we not, I feel a lot better going into the year with Edmonds as our #2.
Jason Licht: *Dribbles piss on his pants, catches his dick in his zipper, falls head first into the urinal.*

Doctor: "In a brilliant show of vision and leadership that would put George S. Patton to shame..."
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I'm an Edmonds fan. Love the way he runs and carried him on a lot of FF teams because of it. JL does these kinds of moves all the time, we've all said the phrase "now we're not pigeonholed for the draft" at some point. Some of you are determined to make any and every move a dumb one.

We get it Mary Jane, three playoff appearances has you in withdrawal. Itching to clean house like the old days, thirsting for Caleb hard. But you're going to have to get over it. We're about to go for the most back to back years in the playoffs in franchise history. Buckle up buttercup.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

An "elite 3rd RB". Don't think I've ever heard of someone refer to themself as an elite bench warmer.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:43 pm An "elite 3rd RB". Don't think I've ever heard of someone refer to themself as an elite bench warmer.
From the article: "I know I can be an elite third running back in this league, and I'm going be one of those guys where I'm a big-time mismatch with linebackers coming out of the backfield, and I'm eager to prove them wrong."

Maybe he meant third down? Imma give him the benefit of a doubt on that one.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:15 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 5:43 pm An "elite 3rd RB". Don't think I've ever heard of someone refer to themself as an elite bench warmer.
From the article: "I know I can be an elite third running back in this league, and I'm going be one of those guys where I'm a big-time mismatch with linebackers coming out of the backfield, and I'm eager to prove them wrong."

Maybe he meant third down? Imma give him the benefit of a doubt on that one.
Even still he'd be calling himself an "elite" role player.

That word gets thrown around too much.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

He obviously meant 3rd down back. Anyway, just posting an article because I was bored. I'm hopeful White gets a chance to be the guy and we don't spend an early pick at the position.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Doctor wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:21 pm I'm an Edmonds fan. Love the way he runs and carried him on a lot of FF teams because of it. JL does these kinds of moves all the time, we've all said the phrase "now we're not pigeonholed for the draft" at some point. Some of you are determined to make any and every move a dumb one.

We get it Mary Jane, three playoff appearances has you in withdrawal. Itching to clean house like the old days, thirsting for Caleb hard. But you're going to have to get over it. We're about to go for the most back to back years in the playoffs in franchise history. Buckle up buttercup.
I didn't say it was a dumb move. We needed a warm body. He's a warm body. There are fifty Chase Edmonds who will bounce on and off the bottom of rosters all season long. You saying "I'm a fan" makes you sound ridiculous unless you went to whatever college he attended or you're his mom.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."