Creamsicles returning in 23

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Central_Buc

Creamsicles returning in 23

Post by Central_Buc »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nfl.co ... es-in-2023

Apologies if there was a thread on this back in February. I just saw/found this yesterday. Seems like since they were trying to do it this year we haven't seen the Pewter ones much. Are we done with the Pewter Jerseys?
Xandtar

Re: Creamsicles returning in 23

Post by Xandtar »

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to bring back the clock number unis one day... there were a lot of people who were really, really happy to see the Creamsickles die back in the day, and I seem to remember Malcolm saying something to the effect of they'd never be worn again... so you never know.

I wouldn't mind if the Hall created a virtual closet of all the unis that will never, ever be worn again, with a few favorites for the unfranchised e.g. the Eskimos, or the truly ugly like the Eagle's monstrosity or the Chicago Bears bumblebees, and yes throw the clock number unis with them, gone forever and good riddance.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Xandtar wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:31 am I wouldn't be surprised if they try to bring back the clock number unis one day... there were a lot of people who were really, really happy to see the Creamsickles die back in the day, and I seem to remember Malcolm saying something to the effect of they'd never be worn again... so you never know.

I wouldn't mind if the Hall created a virtual closet of all the unis that will never, ever be worn again, with a few favorites for the unfranchised e.g. the Eskimos, or the truly ugly like the Eagle's monstrosity or the Chicago Bears bumblebees, and yes throw the clock number unis with them, gone forever and good riddance.

The Creamsicles were decent uniforms associated with awful teams. The Super Bowl(s) have washed the bad taste from the fan base's collective mouth.

The clock monstrosities were just awful uniforms associated with equally if not more awful teams.
Navybuc

Post by Navybuc »

Xandtar wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:31 am I wouldn't be surprised if they try to bring back the clock number unis one day...
Oh please for the love of God no!
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Unless Brady sticks around this will be pointless.

This will just cement that the creamsicles are uniforms for losers.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

Digital_Damage wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:06 pm Unless Brady sticks around this will be pointless.

Maybe the winking pirate was a bit silly but the uniforms themselves have always been immaculate. The problem is we had only like 3 or 4 good years in them ever. Like imagine a world where Hugh Culverhouse isn't the biggest, cheapest piece of shit on the planet and we have an offense with Steve Young and Bo Jackson and ANYONE but Leeman Bennett and Ray freaking Perkins coaching us by 1986/1987. It would've just been that we were a bad expansion team that turned into one that consistently made the playoffs for a few years until the bottom fell out. And NOW look at them. No one would have had a word to say for the rest of the 80's and well into the 90's assuming coaching was up to snuff for the talent we could've had. The problem is we continued to suck for almost another 10 years after the timeline I'm referencing.

The unis were just a punching bag for no good reason
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

These Are The Days wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:56 am
Digital_Damage wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:06 pm Unless Brady sticks around this will be pointless.

Maybe the winking pirate was a bit silly but the uniforms themselves have always been immaculate. The problem is we had only like 3 or 4 good years in them ever. Like imagine a world where Hugh Culverhouse isn't the biggest, cheapest piece of shit on the planet and we have an offense with Steve Young and Bo Jackson and ANYONE but Leeman Bennett and Ray freaking Perkins coaching us by 1986/1987. It would've just been that we were a bad expansion team that turned into one that consistently made the playoffs for a few years until the bottom fell out. And NOW look at them. No one would have had a word to say for the rest of the 80's and well into the 90's assuming coaching was up to snuff for the talent we could've had. The problem is we continued to suck for almost another 10 years after the timeline I'm referencing.

If there is one thing that makes this jersey helmet combo tough is old footage of Mike Alstott bowling over people in slow-mo.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Central_Buc wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:05 pm
These Are The Days wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:56 am

If there is one thing that makes this jersey helmet combo tough is old footage of Mike Alstott bowling over people in slow-mo.

I watch Mike Alstott highlights as a form of therapy.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Don't tread on me
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Alstott highlights will never get old. Dude was super human. The way he just bounced people off him even with zero momentum was ridiculous. Still remember watching that redskin 2pt, it looking like he was stopped before the 2nd effort. He had some especially crazy runs vs the redskins.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Mark Alstart was a special kind of player. Period.

I was shocked to see little Ronde Barber seemingly dwarfing the A-Train in some of those Germany photos.
Push the damned button already!
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Right here.

Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Hate to say it but the Creamsicles came back this season. Just not the jerseys.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

The Bucs are playing like the creamsickle uniformed team of 1976. Might as well put them on for the rest of the season.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Obsolete wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:24 pm Hate to say it but the Creamsicles came back this season. Just not the jerseys.
Was going to make that comment but you beat me to it.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

So it’s 2023 now

Any news?
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Phantom wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:01 pm So it’s 2023 now

Any news?
Bowles was rocking Bucco Bruce at the combine. I’m thinking it was a tease.

Makes me mad that Nike cost us the chance to see Brady in the creamsicles. Although that would have been blamed for the dumpster fire of a season we had.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Deja Entendu wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:35 pm
Phantom wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:01 pm So it’s 2023 now

Any news?
Bowles was rocking Bucco Bruce at the combine. I’m thinking it was a tease.

Makes me mad that Nike cost us the chance to see Brady in the creamsicles. Although that would have been blamed for the dumpster fire of a season we had.

Like this one? Meh

_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Watch us wear them all season.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:16 pm Alstott highlights will never get old. Dude was super human. The way he just bounced people off him even with zero momentum was ridiculous. Still remember watching that redskin 2pt, it looking like he was stopped before the 2nd effort. He had some especially crazy runs vs the redskins.
I saw him in person not that long ago at a golf thing here in Lincoln. He's slimmed down but at nearly 50 he still looks like he could blast it over on 4th and Goal.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

MJW wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:44 am
I saw him in person not that long ago at a golf thing here in Lincoln. He's slimmed down but at nearly 50 he still looks like he could blast it over on 4th and Goal.
Ugh..way to make a man feel old
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

MJW wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 1:44 am
Heisenberg wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:16 pm Alstott highlights will never get old. Dude was super human. The way he just bounced people off him even with zero momentum was ridiculous. Still remember watching that redskin 2pt, it looking like he was stopped before the 2nd effort. He had some especially crazy runs vs the redskins.
I saw him in person not that long ago at a golf thing here in Lincoln. He's slimmed down but at nearly 50 he still looks like he could blast it over on 4th and Goal, while carrying the entire defensive line.
FIFY
Push the damned button already!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I believe the throwback uniform will be white jersey with orange pant
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Phantom wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:58 pm

Is that a hunch or a rumor??
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Deja Entendu wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:09 pm

Is that a hunch or a rumor??
Just a hunch…

It’s probably going to be orange jersey
MJW

Post by MJW »

I can relate to this. I just got my period too.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

MJW wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:28 pm

I can relate to this. I just got my period too.

Haha that is funny shit right there. Thanks for the laughs MJW