NFLPA Team “Report Cards”

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
wmgravytrain

NFLPA Team “Report Cards”

Post by wmgravytrain »

https://nflpa.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers-report-card

An interesting read, but I wish they went into more detail in the reports. I suppose not many of us would be surprised that our Bucs are ranked pretty low overall. Seems like OBP could use an overhaul facility-wise, though there is no mention of practice space and the like.
Bootz

Re: NFLPA Team “Report Cards”

Post by Bootz »

Very interesting read.

To those wondering, Minnesota ranked #1. Unsurprisingly, Washington ranked 32nd. Holy hell, some of this is embarrassing.
Many players reported that they do not want to do their rehab here.
Some players complained that there is a lack of warm water and poor drainage in the showers
Most hated man in America.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The part that I’ll never get - and one of the many reasons I’ll never be a billionaire - is that most of that stuff is relatively pennies to these owners.

Weight room? Nutrition? Training staff? What the fuck.

They often eat far more money in dead cap by a factor of multiples than it would cost to fix this shit.

It does conjure up images of Moneyball. That scene where they talk about wanting to spend the money “on the field.” Instead of “around the field.” But this shit has an effect on the field. even if it’s minuscule. In a game of inches, it’s worth the money to get millimeters.

I would hire a reputable in-house stylist if if guys wanted it. I do believe in “look good, feel good, feel good, play good.”

I also believe that you should spend money in areas where you are not limited by the salary cap. Badass locker room, badass weight room, the best chefs and nutritionists, the best coaches, sports psychologists, planes, etc. Again, it’s relatively pennies given their profits.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk
wmgravytrain

Post by wmgravytrain »

Bootz wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:48 pm Very interesting read.

To those wondering, Minnesota ranked #1. Unsurprisingly, Washington ranked 32nd. Holy hell, some of this is embarrassing.
Many players reported that they do not want to do their rehab here.
Some players complained that there is a lack of warm water and poor drainage in the showers
Right? My local rec center can manage water issues…
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Apparently we make them fly coach and share a room. :lol:

I wonder how much players hear about this stuff and factor it in.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

I mean, the Glazers don't care about the Bucs so none of this surprises me. Maybe after they sell their dogshit soccer club they can start to pay attention to the real sports franchise they have on their books.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:20 pm Apparently we make them fly coach and share a room. :lol:

I wonder how much players hear about this stuff and factor it in.
Considering this job takes up the majority of their daily lives, I think making players and staff as comfortable as possible is the least team owners could do.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

BucsNBills wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:30 pm I mean, the Glazers don't care about the Bucs so none of this surprises me. Maybe after they sell their dogshit soccer club they can start to pay attention to the real sports franchise they have on their books.
Yeah and then go buy us a championship… oh wait.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Should NFL teams be required to own/lease planes that would provide first class seating for all players, coaches and support personnel?
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:42 pm Should NFL teams be required to own/lease planes that would provide first class seating for all players, coaches and support personnel?
Somebody wants to lease 32 jets.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I assumed most teams charter flights. Some do have their own jets.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Snake wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:03 pm The part that I’ll never get - and one of the many reasons I’ll never be a billionaire - is that most of that stuff is relatively pennies to these owners.

They often eat far more money in dead cap by a factor of multiples than it would cost to fix this shit.

It does conjure up images of Moneyball. That scene where they talk about wanting to spend the money “on the field.” Instead of “around the field.” But this shit has an effect on the field. even if it’s minuscule. In a game of inches, it’s worth the money to get millimeters.

I would hire a reputable in-house stylist if if guys wanted it. I do believe in “look good, feel good, feel good, play good.”

I also believe that you should spend money in areas where you are not limited by the salary cap. Badass locker room, badass weight room, the best chefs and nutritionists, the best coaches, sports psychologists, planes, etc. Again, it’s relatively pennies given their profits.

Seconded. If I owned an NFL franchise and was a certifiable billionaire, this sorta crap would not be an issue.

Interestingly, a quick googling showed that Tampa had the lowest operating income in the NFL as of 2021, with only $62 million. Contrast that with the Cowboys, who had $466 million.

Source: https://www.statista.com/statistics/193 ... s-in-2010/
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Snake wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:03 pm The part that I’ll never get - and one of the many reasons I’ll never be a billionaire - is that most of that stuff is relatively pennies to these owners.

AND ALL of that is a great investment in their product. 🤦‍♀️
I said what I said

GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:31 pm
GreatTimes wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:42 pm Should NFL teams be required to own/lease planes that would provide first class seating for all players, coaches and support personnel?
It would only take 16 jets, and some weeks not that many. There may be times when the Jets play the Giants, or the Chargers play the Rams. Of course there would need to be extra jets for the overseas games.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:20 pm
It would only take 16 jets, and some weeks not that many. There may be times when the Jets play the Giants, or the Chargers play the Rams. Of course there would need to be extra jets for the overseas games.
Sounds to me you only want to lease 16 jets.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:20 pm
There may be times when the Jets play the Giants, or the Chargers play the Rams.
Yea, like once every 4 years....
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

_MB_ wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:25 pm
GreatTimes wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:20 pm It would only take 16 jets, and some weeks not that many. There may be times when the Jets play the Giants, or the Chargers play the Rams. Of course there would need to be extra jets for the overseas games.
Sounds to me you only want to lease 16 jets.
Sorry, I don't even have one jet to lease. Wish I was rich enough to own a jet though.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

I can recall clearly, the year Gruden was, um, let go! Like it was yesterday. I wonder how Sapp, et al, who survived the old OBP facilities, would remark to that report. The current place was considered the Taj Mahal of NFL team facilities. Oh how these poor oppressed walking checkbooks can't imagine what the historic players like Selmon, Hardy, Sapp, Brooks, even Ronde and John Lynch called the weight "room" and everything else they take for granted. SMH
Push the damned button already!
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

It’s a business. The majority of the owners are really good at that part.

Devin White is at the combine!!
Snake

Post by Snake »

My understanding is that pro sports ownership in America is not really a revenue/profit venture for most owners. as much as it’s a “let the value of the franchise go up x10, then sell it” venture.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Over the last 5 years, the Bucs have won 5 playoff games and 1 Super Bowl... the Vikings have won 1 playoff game.

Games are won on the field, not off. Look at that report card. The Chiefs are lower than the Bucs. Doesn't look like their off the field situation has held them back, so are the Bengals. Look at the top 5 teams...

Vikings... 1-2 in the playoffs in the last 5 seasons.
Dolphins... 0-1 in the playoffs in the last 5 seasons.
Raiders... LOL
Texans... LOL
Cowboys... always underachieve - every year. Are 2-3 in the last 5 years in the playoffs.

Combined, they have 3 wins. So, 5 teams, 5 seasons... 25 chances at the playoffs, they have 3 combined wins. That's less than the Bucs in 2020.

Guess looking good, feeling good didn't really result in playing good. Especially when you consider that of the bottom 8, you have the Rams, Bucs, Bengals, & Chiefs, 4 of the best teams in football over the last 3 years (all of the Super Bowl winners).

Why do some people feel that they need to tell other people how to spend their money... especially when the people who are doing the talking have less money than the people they're talking about? Seems the people talking should do a little more listening and learning and less time talking.
Snake

Post by Snake »

CannonFire wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:07 am

Over the last 5 years, the Bucs have won 5 playoff games and 1 Super Bowl... the Vikings have won 1 playoff game.

Games are won on the field, not off. Look at that report card. The Chiefs are lower than the Bucs. Doesn't look like their off the field situation has held them back, so are the Bengals. Look at the top 5 teams...

Raiders... LOL
Texans... LOL
Cowboys... always underachieve - every year. Are 2-3 in the last 5 years in the playoffs.

Combined, they have 3 wins. So, 5 teams, 5 seasons... 25 chances at the playoffs, they have 3 combined wins. That's less than the Bucs in 2020.

Guess looking good, feeling good didn't really result in playing good. Especially when you consider that of the bottom 8, you have the Rams, Bucs, Bengals, & Chiefs, 4 of the best teams in football over the last 3 years (all of the Super Bowl winners).

Why do some people feel that they need to tell other people how to spend their money... especially when the people who are doing the talking have less money than the people they're talking about? Seems the people talking should do a little more listening and learning and less time talking.
1. I acknowledged this stuff is marginal. aka not primary or even secondary.

2. the teams with a. the best QBs. and b. the best coaching staffs are the ones winning playoff games. you can still strive to be a organization that treats their players and families in a great fashion despite not having an elite QB/coach.

"Why do some people feel that they need to tell other people how to spend their money... especially when the people who are doing the talking have less money than the people they're talking about? Seems the people talking should do a little more listening and learning and less time talking."

The only reasons the Glazers have more money than me or 99.9999999% of people is because they inherited it from their daddy. Don't get this shit twisted. Pretending that they're smarter than me, or anyone else, because they are trustfund babies is ignorant.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Maybe the teams that have it tough, play tough.

Raiders... LOL
Texans... LOL

GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Maybe the teams that have it tough, play tough.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Snake wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:44 am The only reasons the Glazers have more money than me or 99.9999999% of people is because they inherited it from their daddy. Don't get this shit twisted. Pretending that they're smarter than me, or anyone else, because they are trustfund babies is ignorant.
I love it when you talk dirty.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Snake wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:44 am

Raiders... LOL
Texans... LOL

1. I acknowledged this stuff is marginal. aka not primary or even secondary.

2. the teams with a. the best QBs. and b. the best coaching staffs are the ones winning playoff games. you can still strive to be a organization that treats their players and families in a great fashion despite not having an elite QB/coach.

"Why do some people feel that they need to tell other people how to spend their money... especially when the people who are doing the talking have less money than the people they're talking about? Seems the people talking should do a little more listening and learning and less time talking."

The only reasons the Glazers have more money than me or 99.9999999% of people is because they inherited it from their daddy. Don't get this shit twisted. Pretending that they're smarter than me, or anyone else, because they are trustfund babies is ignorant.
Yes, I'm sure that is the ONLY reason. I'm sure they know nothing about running a business, making money, or anything else like that. They just sat at home and waited for dear old dad to pass away and take over, right?
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:04 pm My understanding is that pro sports ownership in America is not really a revenue/profit venture for most owners. as much as it’s a “let the value of the franchise go up x10, then sell it” venture.
Those are the not-awful owners, obviously. It's so funny at this point. Look at the Broncos. The Bowlens bought them for $78 Mil in 1984. 38 years later, the family sold them for $4.65 Bil. Yet you have teams like the Cardinals charging players for Gatorades.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."