Help with account

Activities concerning the forum itself
King Bootz

Help with account

Post by King Bootz »

Okay. The emails, PMs, “forgot my password”, creating new account hasn’t worked. So this is the next resort.

@Moozician
@Admin1
@Mod LV
@MCMLXXVI
@ModX
@MOD TB12
@MODXVI

I’ve tried for weeks now to change the password on my account. No avail. I’m able to access the site from 1 of my devices that stays logged in. However cannot do so from another device. So I reached out to Mooz to advise that I would create a new account since I can’t get into this one from another device. Again, no avail. I’m asking for 1 if you to assist, stop ignoring the requests and emails please. I’m not trying to cause trouble, but this is something that should’ve been taken care of behind the scenes. Please and thank you.
Moozician

Re: Help with account

Post by Moozician »

Check PMs either account.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Okay, this one is now active. I suppose you can delete the other Bootz acct. Still never got the email here, but whatever. I’m in now. Thanks.
Most hated man in America.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

You probably have to establish a whole new e-mail account.
ModX

Post by ModX »

Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:31 pm Okay, this one is now active. I suppose you can delete the other Bootz acct. Still never got the email here, but whatever. I’m in now. Thanks.
Let me know which account you would like to keep and I will make it happen
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

ModX wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:55 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:31 pm Okay, this one is now active. I suppose you can delete the other Bootz acct. Still never got the email here, but whatever. I’m in now. Thanks.
I’m gonna keep this one, thanks.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

So you want that history of # of posts dumped back to 0 posts and your rep points back to even. LMAO! Can't make this shit up if I tried.
Don't tread on me
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:14 pm So you want that history of # of posts dumped back to 0 posts and your rep points back to even. LMAO! Can't make this shit up if I tried.
Didn’t even think about that but it’s really irrelevant. The account got compromised twice, password changed as well without my doing.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

AND thanks to you @Buc2 and @Babeinbucland teaching me how to screen shot last week I also did a little more learning and learned how to resize images for my avatar. So I'm gonna be changing those frequently!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:31 pm
Buc2 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:14 pm So you want that history of # of posts dumped back to 0 posts and your rep points back to even. LMAO! Can't make this shit up if I tried.
Didn’t even think about that but it’s really irrelevant. The account got compromised twice, password changed as well without my doing.
Hey... You gotta do what you gotta do. I just thought it was funny. :D
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:59 pm
ModX wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:55 pm

The most of IABL that I can find on google is a IABL index page.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:36 pm
Bootz wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:59 pm

It will remain that way unless the forum owners work to get this site more recognition. It won't happen by itself.
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:40 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:36 pm

It will remain that way unless the forum owners work to get this site more recognition. It won't happen by itself.

How does our page become more visible?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:10 am
Buc2 wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:40 am

How does our page become more visible?
To be hones, I don't really know. It's not something I've ever had to worry about.
Don't tread on me
TDTB12

Post by TDTB12 »

@Moozician
@Mod LV
@MCMLXXVI
@ModX
@MOD TB12
@MODXVI

Bootz here.....Here we go AGAIN.

Locked out of my account yet again. Tried to do forgot my password yet again. No email link sent yet again.

Oddly enough this doesn't seem to happen to anyone else yet it's happened to me twice in the past month. What gives?
ModX

Post by ModX »

TDTB12 wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 10:56 pm @Moozician
@Mod LV
@MCMLXXVI
@ModX
@MOD TB12
@MODXVI

Locked out of my account yet again. Tried to do forgot my password yet again. No email link sent yet again.

Oddly enough this doesn't seem to happen to anyone else yet it's happened to me twice in the past month. What gives?
It is definitively not on this end. It is definitively on your end.

However, send me the account you want to access and send me the password you want to use and I will re-set it. I will disable all other accounts.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

When are we going to be able to administer our own accounts? Such as changing our password or receiving email notifications of certain events?
Don't tread on me
TDTB12

Post by TDTB12 »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:49 am When are we going to be able to administer our own accounts? Such as changing our password or receiving email notifications of certain events?
There lies the issue. You have to wait for manual confirmation of these things when an automated response would suffice.

The King Bootz account I requested a new password for months and the request went ignored.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I’ve never been part of a social media community where I didn’t have control over things like my password or what email address I want to use. Those are very basic things. If this is a GoDaddy issue, then we need to take our ball to some other media host.
Don't tread on me
ModX

Post by ModX »

@Mod LV
@MCMLXXVI
@ModX
@MOD TB12
@MODXVI

You are now active again as Bootz. This account will be disabled.

And next time instead of cluttering up the main board simply PM me or any of the other Mods. Mooz is not a Mod so reach out to one of us instead.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Was this one of your back-up accounts, or multiple registration/bi-posting accounts? It claims to have been created on 9-29 of friggin 2021! With 24 documented post-count it obviously was used prior to this thread. How many more will mysteriously show up in the future with "just after the board was created" dates?
Push the damned button already!
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

TY @ModX.
ModX

Post by ModX »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:00 am If this is a GoDaddy issue, then we need to take our ball to some other media host.
This is being worked on, Literally, as I type. We do not have an ETA as it is not a simple process and takes some funds. But it is being addressed.

Thank you all for your patience. Trust me, the Mod team wants this board to work excellently as much or more than anyone.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

ModX wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:40 am
@Mod LV
@MCMLXXVI
@ModX
@MOD TB12
@MODXVI

You are now active again as Bootz. This account will be disabled.

And next time instead of cluttering up the main board simply PM me or any of the other Mods. Mooz is not a Mod so reach out to one of us instead.
@ModX , would you be kind enough to explain to me - if you are locked out and you do not have an extra account and there is no communication - how is someone able to PM you?
ModX

Post by ModX »

We are working on a solution to this asap
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

ModX wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:29 pm We are working on a solution to this asap
I would suggest you post an actual email to contact under the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the main page if possible. At least until you get this notification/contact snafu sorted out.
Don't tread on me
ModX

Post by ModX »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:28 am
ModX wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:29 pm We are working on a solution to this asap
I would suggest you post an actual email to contact under the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the main page if possible. At least until you get this notification/contact snafu sorted out.
That would seem like the simplest solution but actually isn’t as viable as it seems and could create other issues (such as spamming our email address from those who wish to do us harm). The good news is we hope to have this issue resolved within the week. IT is working on it as I type.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

@Moozician
@Admin1
@Mod LV
@MCMLXXVI
@ModX
@MOD TB12
@MODXVI

I had the same problem as Bootz. Resent password doesn't work. Can only get it on my cellphone. How can i reset my password and why is the reset password link still not working?
ModX

Post by ModX »

@Kaimaru - Sorry just now seeing this- did you get taken care of?
PeterGuptill

Post by PeterGuptill »

Imagine having a Mod team that entertains all of this nonsense. If only they had an offer of no-strings-attached help from someone way, way better at this than they are. Think of how things could have been when a Dick such as me could have run this place into the ground too.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

PeterGuptill wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:18 am Imagine having a Mod team that entertains all of this nonsense. If only they had an offer of no-strings-attached help from someone way, way better at this than they are. Think of how things could have been when a Dick such as me could have run this place into the ground too.
You can offer your services again, Outsider. Maybe they'll take you up on it this time.
Don't tread on me
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Buc2 wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 12:58 pm
PeterGuptill wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:18 am Imagine having a Mod team that entertains all of this nonsense. If only they had an offer of no-strings-attached help from someone way, way better at this than they are. Think of how things could have been when a Dick such as me could have run this place into the ground too.
You can offer your services again, Outsider. Maybe they'll take you up on it this time.
Damn that was like watching someone jump off a bridge
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I'm on a different computer now as the other one had the hard drive fry. I don't think go daddy likes it, as they pop up at times when I'm trying to make a post.

My son recovered my password for google but it is a 2 part safety thing where they send a text to change the password with a text and the phone is gone and I think the number is not even in use anymore.

Meanwhile I'm on a new google (well actually both - which ever I choose now).

Anyhoo, it acts like the first google never knew I left and the 2nd google never sent me a password reset for IABL and I just put in the old one my son recovered and it worked.

Next time go daddy pops up I will try to copy and paste what they are saying.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

More! Any ways I know my IABL password now.

I just do not know how to change my years old google account password, my son says just delete it but I was waiting to see if the blue screen of death could be fixed first on my newer PC.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Don't tread on me